You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 7th Apr 2024 (3:30pm)

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I wouldn't mind us just tucking in for the first 20 and play as if we're defending a couple of goal lead with 10 mins to go. But I've never seen any evidence that klopp will send them out to do anything but front foot football. 

We will go at them from the whistle, just fucking hoping we won't concede an early goal again which will set it up nicely for them to sit back and counter attack. 

• Upvote 1

Slightly off topic but for anyone interested the Sunday Mail are giving a free £5 Paddy Power shop bet on the game. Not sure the terms. The problem is its the Mail, but it doesn't stop you ripping out the coupon without buying the paper. I believe the Bookies on Mount Pleasant is Paddy Power. The Paddy Power near me has closed down otherwise the fiver would've went on a Nunez hatrick  

• Downvote 1

Please just knock the bad starts on the head. I'm not even arsed about owing them or the fact it's the mancs, just play to our ability show composure in front of goal and its 3 points. 

When you shoot kick the ball like you want it to go in the goal and not just give the keeper a chance to move his fingers. 

8 hours ago, an tha said:

Yeah we play how we play - someone mentioned earlier about forwards giving ball away and i do feel we are guilty of this sometimes when we are trying too hard and then as we are pushed up they cause us a problem with the ball lashed forward for runners.

We play high risk and reward football.

Thing is if we get it right tomorrow they can't live with us, there is a 22 point gap between the sides, a chasm - but styles make fights and the one punch they do have happens to be the one we are most vulnerable to. So we need to stop them landing it and if we do we'll win.

They're a weird team though too. They seem to get fucked by just about everyone, yet they seem to find a way to hang in and grab a goal, almost like a rich Luton. And despite everyone getting 30 shots a week against them, not many are running out with comfortable wins. Each time I watch them pick up points I'm normally scratching my head wondering how they managed it. They're normally the worst team in just about every game they play, yet they're 6th and won 50% of their games. We have to remember this about them for every minute of the game, they sucker punch everyone. 

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That would be the team who have already won one trophy, are in the Quarter Final of a European trophy and topped the league after 30 games.

I don't know where you are, but your local Sunday leagues must be a damn sight better than the ones round here.

To be fair, we do most of those hard yards after about 20 minutes! We're pretty awful before that. In fact I'm sure I read on here that we actually have a negative goal difference for the opening 20. Today, there's no time for that. Let's not go behind, get ourselves in front and stay there. 

• Upvote 2

I'm guessing Varane will play. They've played him 45 minutes the last 2 games probably just so he's fit for this one the small time sad twats. That will mean they push Maguire (I presume Evans has a genuine injury) over to Wan Bissaka's side so hopefully we start Robbo so we can get Diaz running at Maguire. Move Gomez right to come inside and hopefully Konate is fit. Just want us to play a bit more with our heads today. I'm confident, very confident but then I was the 2 previous games.

1 minute ago, Trojan1892 said:

Jones has to start if he’s fit enough as well imo.

He looked excellent in his short cameo on Thursday. Great to have him back.

A timely goal for Gakpo too, who looked to have a lot more urgency about him.

Mo’s form is a real concern, but he scores for fun against this shower.

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

He looked excellent in his short cameo on Thursday. Great to have him back.

A timely goal for Gakpo too, who looked to have a lot more urgency about him.

Mo’s form is a real concern, but he scores for fun against this shower.

Jones and Elliot off the bench could be a great combination to bring energy to the team for the last 20-30 mins. 

Problem I have with Gakpo is that he’s six foot four and strong with it, but has games where he only ever wants it to his feet standing still. When he turns and runs forward with the ball, or runs onto it, he’s very difficult to stop, but he seems reluctant to do that half the time.

• Upvote 1

We have gakpo acting more like a midfielder. I think he's better testing the oppositions defensive line he's big and he can strike a ball. He's caught between being the cog for the other forwards than just being a forward. He comes on as a sub in those rare games we've put to bed early I'd just tell him to go out and be a killer, your only thought today should be making that keepers life a nightmare.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Jones and Elliot off the bench could be a great combination to bring energy to the team for the last 20-30 mins. 

Bradley too if Gomez starts at RB which I think he will.  

Why not start Bradley ? He’s better than Gomez who has not much to offer when we attack ?

We need to attack  them, respect our DNA, be ready right from the start, just win it.

The FA cup loss could be a blessing in disguise. We were so nochalant against them and it bit us on the arse. At home in the league we could have had seven if we were competent. Genuinely one of the most frustrating games I've seen. 

Today, we are even 6/10 as a team and we win. If they have Casemiro out it will be a boost because even though he is past it, he was a top player and knows big games like this. Varane out is huge if he is out as we expect. Similar to Casemiro. No laughing at the back of the class, but Evans is a loss for them. He was a good defender in his day and has a bit of nous that kid isn't going to have. He might be a mid level Championship player now, but nous is worth a bit in a one of game, which this is for them.

They have enough players to worry us, but again we show them respect *not the occasion* and we win.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Slightly off topic but for anyone interested the Sunday Mail are giving a free £5 Paddy Power shop bet on the game. Not sure the terms. The problem is its the Mail, but it doesn't stop you ripping out the coupon without buying the paper. I believe the Bookies on Mount Pleasant is Paddy Power. The Paddy Power near me has closed down otherwise the fiver would've went on a Nunez hatrick  

You will need to provide loads of personal info and open an account. Trying to form betting habits in people.

I used to enjoy this one as a match goer in the mid to late 1980’s. Being in the Scoreboard End was an experience and a half. A lot of regrettable behaviour but it was frightening, exhilarating, passionate, and often nasty. 

We rarely won, although we were the better team. 

Later on it was one of the least enjoyable places to go. Everything became ‘less’.

We sometimes won, although they were the better team.

I alway think back to a defeat there on New Years Day in 1989 (could have been 1990). The Fergie Fledglings took it away from us and we lost 3-1. My mates got kicked out and were invited to go “cut up some Scouse” by a bloke with a machete up his sleeve, who’d mistaken them for United fans. They politely declined. 

Nothing is guaranteed against them, especially not there.

We need to be at it, on it, and with it. Right from the off, and until the final whistle.

Eight more games. I think we will need to win all of them. 

Smash ‘em Reds.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Reckoner said:

You will need to provide loads of personal info and open an account. Trying to form betting habits in people.

No you don't have to open an account, it's a coupon in the paper which you then take to the shop. I don't work for bookmakers and I certainly don't work for the daily mail  No worries anyway. 

3 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

I like Jones a lot but can't see him starting this one. I'd like to see Gakpo start for a few reasons but doubt that also.

The team I heard is endo, Macca, Dom. Gomez right back, robbo left back and surprisingly to me, konate playing for the 2nd time in 3 days.