You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 10th Mar 2024 (3:45pm)

I think our medical team exert too much influence. I'm sure Mo and even Konate would have declared themselves available to start but the medical guys have leaned on Klopp to do otherwise. Mo could easily do a full 90 running off adrenaline. But now we have to hope we are still in the game by the time he comes on. Fuck sake.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Supremolad said:

I think our medical team exert too much influence. I'm sure Mo and even Konate would have declared themselves available to start but the medical guys have leaned on Klopp to do otherwise. Mo could easily do a full 90 running off adrenaline. But now we have to hope we are still in the game by the time he comes on. Fuck sake.

medical team are shite, utter shite.

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

It seems to be - anything on the scan or any pain and they don't play even if that lasts for over a year. Back in the day it was - if they can run they can play. 

Not necessarily bad but certainly different. 

I would have put Gomez at CB and let Robbo deal with whatever Foden brings. I don't think this is our best 11 to start with.

Making a plan to put Gomez there just because Foden is on fire shouldn't really be a priority. Now we have two relatively inexperienced boys on the right hand side with Quansah and Bradley. I don't like this.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

Biggest game of the season. Biggest game in a few years. Crunch time. Best player on the bench. 

Surely this is the type of game players dream of. 

Endo’s starting mate 

• Haha 1

Another 2 fucking injuries. Konate and Danns. I know he's only18, but he's a forward option. Fucking hell, how are we supposed to keep challenging for the league with us having to put out teams that are devoid of so many top top players. Fucking cursed we are

• Upvote 1

The fact that Robbo played the full game Thursday while Gomez and Bradley shared the minutes made it clear that they were always intended to be the fullbacks.  Obviously Jurgen didn’t think the injury to Konate was good enough reason to change his plans. Ballsy call. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jordy Brouwer said:

It seems to be - anything on the scan or any pain and they don't play even if that lasts for over a year. Back in the day it was - if they can run they can play. 

Not necessarily bad but certainly different. 

Just seems overly cautious.

Szobozlai said last week he was absolutely fine to play but he had to keep fighting the medical team who said he wasn't ready. Klopp even half joked about Szobozlai and Nunez celebrating wildly after the winning goal in the league cup final saying he would have to ask the medical team why those lads were being held back. This is a game we needed our strongest available options starting and now for some overly cautious reason, we don't.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, niallers said:

Another 2 fucking injuries. Konate and Danns. I know he's only18, but he's a forward option. Fucking hell, how are we supposed to keep challenging for the league with us having to put out teams that are devoid of so many tools top players. Fucking cursed we are

Are we cursed or are we badly advised?

• Upvote 1