You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (H) - FA Cup 5th Rnd - Wed 28th Feb 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Injuries aside didnt klopp say last time out there were too may kids out against the first team? I would think we will be as balanced as fitness says we can be in terms of academy vs first team. 

It should always be; strongest 11 available and play the game after as to who is available. 

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

I hated seeing training regime let it's full weight drop on Jota's knee with no attempt to break it's fall.

Again you are being deliberately selective or dense.

These are the players with muscle/ligament injuries:

Trent

Salah

Nunez

Szoboslai

Alisson

Thiago

And all of them have aggravated the same issue they had after training and playing. 

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I suggested Adrian for this one. Purely as I’m now terrified of Kelleher getting injured too. 

Agree.

I want our strongest possible eleven available for the league  on Saturday and wouldn't risk any of them tomorrow.

I'd go

Adrian

?

Gomez

Quansah

Tsimikas

McConnell 

Clarke

?

?

Danns

?

Whoever the best young RB, CM, LW and RW available are.

26 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Trent

Salah

Nunez

Szoboslai

Alisson

Thiago

And all of them have aggravated the same issue they had after training and playing. 

Only one thing's for sure, I definitely wasn't just taking the piss.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Trent

Salah

Nunez

Szoboslai

Alisson

Thiago

What injury did Nunez and Alisson cone back to early from?

Adding Thiago to that us a joke. The man wholes career has been muscle injury after muscle injury. 

There's a possibility the other 3 did, but Klopp said they were declared fit and rarely have we took chances except in the biggest games like Thiago in the champions league final

55 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

Agree.

I want our strongest possible eleven available for the league  on Saturday and wouldn't risk any of them tomorrow.

I'd go

Adrian

?

Gomez

Quansah

Tsimikas

McConnell 

Clarke

?

?

Danns

?

Whoever the best young RB, CM, LW and RW available are.

Given their minutes yesterday, I’d fully expect Keheller, Bradley, Mac Allister, Gakpo, Robertson & maybe Konate to be available. 

Sounds like Szoboszlai thinks he’s fit. The way he ran around like a loon when we scored, you’d assume Nunez isn’t too far away. 

The first 11 on Weds might not be the strongest, you’d certainly hope we’d have a strong bench. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

No way Konaté will play, and hard to believe we risk our last senior midfielder in this game.

No reason Konate shouldn’t be on the bench and Mac Allister only played 87 minutes yesterday. 

I wouldnt risk anyone. 

Dont want to lose obviously but need to be pragmatic. Klopp won't go full kids though. Need to rest Bradley imo, be nice to rest Virg but not sure we can if we are resting Bradley. I'd be tempted to get Kostas or Robbo playing RB to rest Virg.  Reckon Nyoni will get time after sitting on the bench the last couple. Clarke,McConnell,Danns to start. 

Elliot shouldn't play, he's been dead on his feet at the end of both games. 

11 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You are not the brightest are you? 

The injuries are due to accumulated fatigue. The players train like they play these days, its not 1986 where they shoot at boards of wood.

Gravenberch, jota and jones were all unfortunate, everyone else is muscle injuries which is from over exerting.

You reckon the training regime is more physically demanding than when they used to come out of the "sweat box" and throw up?

The real exertion must come after the photographer leaves, because I've never seen anyone looking fit-to-drop in any of the training pics.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I wouldnt risk anyone. 

Dont want to lose obviously but need to be pragmatic. Klopp won't go full kids though. Need to rest Bradley imo, be nice to rest Virg but not sure we can if we are resting Bradley. I'd be tempted to get Kostas or Robbo playing RB to rest Virg.  Reckon Nyoni will get time after sitting on the bench the last couple. Clarke,McConnell,Danns to start. 

Elliot shouldn't play, he's been dead on his feet at the end of both games. 

Really surprised he started yesterday considering how fucked he looked at the end of the previous game. 

He's young though, so maybe he just has a fast recovery time. 

12 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You reckon the training regime is more physically demanding than when they used to come out of the "sweat box" and throw up?

The real exertion must come after the photographer leaves, because I've never seen anyone looking fit-to-drop in any of the training pics.

I think the difference between then and now is vast. Strength and stamina were sought after as much as speed and agility are now. Not that I'm agreeing or disagreeing with either viewpoint but modern players are very different. They are insured for eye watering sums and decisions over fitness now are not made lightly. There are few managers who understand this better than ours.

From fine cuts of meat to valuable works of Art.

18 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think the difference between then and now is vast. Strength and stamina were sought after as much as speed and agility are now. Not that I'm agreeing or disagreeing with either viewpoint but modern players are very different. They are insured for eye watering sums and decisions over fitness now are not made lightly. There are few managers who understand this better than ours.

From fine cuts of meat to valuable works of Art.

Yeah, but Stroggy understands it better than Klopp (apparently).

• Haha 1

The top half of Endo is pictured returning to training in the same clobber has the rest. I reckon him and MacAllister do 45 minutes each. It's the most important role on the pitch tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I think Virgil will play and Bradley will do 45 or maybe 60. Klopp won’t go full youth team unless he absolutely has to. 

He may have to with the next few games in mind. In normal circumstances it’s one game at a time but these injuries might put paid to that.

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Kelleher

Tsimikas

Quansah

Gomez

Robinson

Endo/Macallister 45 each

McConnell

Clarke

Koumas

Danns

Nyoni

Subs

Adrian, Bradley,VVD, Endo/Mac, Elliot, Gakpo, Diaz, Any of Szlob, Nunez or Mo if fit.

Or more kids. Scanlon etc etc.

Fucking injuries.

Who's this Robinson guy?

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Over on the Quadruple Slayer thread it’s 50% bullish, and 50% thinking they’ll get twatted. Apparently 5500 of them are travelling up, which is pretty impressive for midweek.

Wasn't it Southampton that stopped 115 charges getting a quadruple last season?