You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Title Race

We had this situation once before when there seemed little to be gained from going strong in a European match and the manager put out a weakened team to focus on the league.

Thankfully Klopp isn't Rodgers. Resting Gerrard for that match against Real Madrid was pretty much an unforgiveable offense as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 1

We've got to win all 7 games. We feel like a side that needs a eureka moment. It doesn't feel like we've laid down any statements this season. It's more than we expected after last season, the results we've been grinding out but you look at some of the performances against far poorer sides and overall when you look at our players we are either playing worse than the sum of our parts or we may have overrated a few of our parts. Maybe there's just fatigue running right through the squad because we can't bury teams we have to play hard every single 90 minutes.

It's one thing to dominate possession against teams who are happy for that to be the case, it doesn't tell us much, what we know recently is we are fucking it up either end of the pitch in big moments. The concentration levels and composure are piss poor. The poor starts have gone beyond anything other than being poorly prepared, that's on Klopp it's happened way to often now its fucking habitual. It wouldn't even be worth putting a bet on us going 1 down against Palace because the odds would be so shit or should be.

Something about us feels stale, when the youth came in a while back that was like a shot in the arm but now they've become more peripheral again and the usual faces are showing a bit of complacency. VvD keeps talking about fight but I think he's been lacking aggression on the pitch, the whole team has. I dont want to see smirks and shoulder shrugs. There's a fight on now a genuine battle every single game is a European cup final and the players are going to have to treat it like its everything, we aren't just facing Palace Sunday, we are winning the league.

I'm not digging them out either or slating them, it's amazing where we are but for this final push because it's so close and winning the league is a genuine possibility they need to step it up all of them.

12 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'd love to see us give it a go but the timing of the season and circumstances, the end of Klopps era. Do we really want to expend so much energy chasing 4 goals in italy. Can this side even score 4 goals that would be about 8 thousand chances we would need to create.

Does it actually take up more energy scoring goals? We have to play the game and run around regardless. It didn't look like we used massive amounts of energy creating 50 chances at Old Trafford. We have the squad back for Klopp to get into the 60/30 minutes rhythm that he likes.

Klopp has done an interview stating what things he’s going to be doing when he leaves fuck me just keep fucking quiet and pick the right starting line ups and focus on these last few games

He is far to casual for me and shit like this doesn’t help 

I've been pretty certain for a few weeks we're gonna fuck this up. That last bit of effort has been lacking for sometime. Can look on for a treble or quadruple every year but end up winning fuck all. When the shit hits the fan, the cradle will fall - into the shit.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I've been pretty certain for a few weeks we're gonna fuck this up. That last bit of effort has been lacking for sometime. Can look on for a treble or quadruple every year but end up winning fuck all. When the shit hits the fan, the cradle will fall - into the shit.

Today is gigantic. For me, it's the performance as much as the result.

If we play shite and win 2-1, for me it just tells me, we're most likely finishing third. If we play with confidence and swagger and take our chances, I'd be hopeful going into what will be a very tough fortnight of away games.

It's all about the mindset. Last week, we played the occasion. On Thursday, we thought this shower are shite and got turned over because of our arrogance. We've seven cup finals left - six in the league and one in Italy. 

We need to knock this shite on the head.

Spurs will take points of two of the three teams imo. Yesterday, was classic Spurs, but our game with them will be seriously hard. It'll be a horrible game for Arsenal at their place and they could do a number on City as well.

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Today is gigantic. For me, it's the performance as much as the result.

If we play shite and win 2-1, for me it just tells me, we're most likely finishing third. If we play with confidence and swagger and take our chances, I'd be hopeful going into what will be a very tough fortnight of away games.

It's all about the mindset. Last week, we played the occasion. On Thursday, we thought this shower are shite and got turned over because of our arrogance. We've seven cup finals left - six in the league and one in Italy. 

We need to knock this shite on the head.

Spurs will take points of two of the three teams imo. Yesterday, was classic Spurs, but our game with them will be seriously hard. It'll be a horrible game for Arsenal at their place and they could do a number on City as well.

7 to go in the league, including today. 

Saves us the usual heartbreaking last day, I suppose.

I've thought since the 4-2 win at home against Newcastle that our profligacy would catch up to us. You can only get away with it for so long.

13 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Or at least change the title to "Will we scrape enough points to finish fourth?"

8 minutes ago, Baltar said:

We are in free fall, remaining in a champions League place is my concern now.

Let's not piss our knickers.  We're not "in free fall" and Spurs are not going to make up 11 points on us.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Let's not piss our knickers.  We're not "in free fall" and Spurs are not going to make up 11 points on us.

They will if we keep pissing away chances as we've been doing of late 

14 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It wasn't a serious post, but we will finish closer to Spurs than City.