You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) - Sat 10th Feb 2024 (3:00pm)

Trumo

The only worry I had with playing Burnley for years was Ashley Barnes backing in to centre halves and then acting like the poster from Platooon if he got any back, leading to dangerous free kicks with the orcs like Tarkowski, Keane and Wood fouling our goalie with impunity. With Kompany imagining himself as a reincarnation of Rinus Michels, I am pretty confident for this one.

• Haha 1

On 07/02/2024 at 07:13, Scott_M said:

Think we’ll make a few changes. 

Assume Trent will start again, probably Robbo as well. Think Quansah will replace Konate.

Assume Nunez will be back in for Gakpo.

Not sure if Endo comes back in and we shuffle the pack slightly or we stick with similar to Arsenal.

Anyhoo, I’d hope we’re fully motivated for this. We need to win every game before that City game. A few goals wouldn’t hurt either please but ultimately just fucking win. 

Sickening 

• Upvote 1

Klopp says there's some flu in the squad ahead of tomorrow's game

Feels like we are cursed at times.

Think it could be a battle tomorrow.

Already without Salah, Szobo, Konate, Gomez and Bradley with this on top...

Flu , Illness, Sickness ?  What the fuck are these young, ridiculously fit athletes with constant medical access doing ?

I am 63 and about 14 stone and can't remember having an 'illness' that would have made me miss a game since a hernia op about 7 years ago.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, an tha said:

Feels like we are cursed at times.

Think it could be a battle tomorrow.

Already without Salah, Szobo, Konate, Gomez and Bradley with this on top...

This is as safe a 3pts as you can get. They are tailor made for us at home. If you're worried about Burnley at home the rest of the season is going to be torture.

4 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

This is as safe a 3pts as you can get. They are tailor made for us at home. If you're worried about Burnley at home the rest of the season is going to be torture.

Fuck me you are determined to get a 0-1 Burnley win aren't you?

Klopp's presser showed part of why he's fed up with the whole thing. 'Have you forgiven Kompany yet for scoring that goal in 2019?' Is that really the best that these hacks can come up with after 'much thought'? No wonder so many of them have fled to YouTube. What the heck do they expect him to say? It's just mindless stuff they churn out every week.

On 04/02/2024 at 19:20, Kevin D said:

Looked really tired straight from the off, wouldn’t be surprised if there was a flu going round. That leggyness combined with same strange decisions from the management made that a very long 90 minutes to watch. 

Typically when we play that poorly, Ali keeps us in the game long enough for Salah to go and get us some points at the other end. Alisson won’t play like that again this season, Salah will be back shortly and we’re probably favourites in every remaining game.

41 minutes ago, an tha said:

This is why people need to listen when I say that Klopp is going to PSG with Salah and will deliberately throw the title race. 

9 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

They are fucking shite and we should be dicking them no sweat.

But if we've got numerous players out - it could get tricky. Depends what the impact of the flu thing is.

We already know Bradley, Konate, Szobo, Salah, possibly Gomez are out - wouldn't want another 2 or 3 on top of that. 

11 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Have you sat through this season? It's already been a rollercoaster and that was only the begining. Our squad is already creaking with injuries and now we have more. Nothing is going to be easy from now on.

23 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Flu , Illness, Sickness ?  What the fuck are these young, ridiculously fit athletes with constant medical access doing ?

I am 63 and about 14 stone and can't remember having an 'illness' that would have made me miss a game since a hernia op about 7 years ago.

@Pureblood will be along shortly

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Have you sat through this season? It's already been a rollercoaster and that was only the begining. Our squad is already creaking with injuries and now we have more. Nothing is going to be easy from now on.

Our home form is superb. Come back to me next week when we've got Brentford. Especially if Wolves beat them.