You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

3 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Ugarte is not getting a game as Enrique prefers Vitinha.

We actually talked about him on here a few months back, maybe. They have played together but as you say, with the young WZE and Vitinha in particular looking brilliant, Ugarte has not always featured as much.

PSG are always hard to figure, but if they did decide to make Ugarte available it'd be an intriguing one for Liverpool. Hasn't produced on the ball as much as you'd expect, but did come to PSG with a big reputation. And his tackles/interceptions numbers there are off the charts.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Alissons house is up for sale, but only because he moved to a bigger house about 6 months ago or something but hadn't sold up first. 

Edit... Here's a link to the story. It's not the one I read originally but the same gist. 

https://www.anfieldcentral.co.uk/transfers/alisson-is-not-being-sold-despite-listing-475m-home-for-sale/amp

You'll be telling me that taxi drivers with ' You're in my heart ' stickers on their cab windows arent always infallible with their information next.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

We actually talked about him on here a few months back, maybe. They have played together but as you say, with the young WZE and Vitinha in particular looking brilliant, Ugarte has not always featured as much.

PSG are always hard to figure, but if they did decide to make Ugarte available it'd be an intriguing one for Liverpool. Hasn't produced on the ball as much as you'd expect, but did come to PSG with a big reputation. And his tackles/interceptions numbers there are off the charts.

Reckon he’d be a good signing price permitting.

I know swap deals arnt generally done but if PSG had a interest in Diaz(I think all the talk of leaving is a new contract personally) or Salah I wonder if a deal could be done. 

Where do we all think we actually need to strengthen then?

Despite being incredibly pissed off at some of our players over the last few weeks, I still don’t think much different to what I did before the international break…

Centre back - Ideally a young, left footer who VVD can mould into being his long term replacement. I see we’ve been linked with Pacho from Frankfurt. 

Defensive midfielder - Endo has done well, Mac Allister is much better higher up. I think this should be the priority signing, although no idea as to who, I see we’re linked with Varela of Porto. Or if his injury problems are behind him, do we think Bajectic is up to the task?

Right winger - I’ve thought all season Salah is going, nothing from this weekend has influenced me. Bakayoko, Openda, Summerville, Olisie etc take your pick. 

If funds will allow it, could we stretch to…

Left back - Robbo & Tsmiskas haven’t been there best this season. Robbo just turned 30, out of contract in 2025, last chance to get good money. I wouldn’t want to sell him, I just wonder if we might cash in on him or Tsmiskas. Obviously we’ve been linked with Aït-Nouri at Wolves.

Centre forward - Does Nunez deserve a chance with Slot or do we get shut? I said to my mate v Burnley, if Nunez finds his shooting boots, we’ll win the league… he hasn’t and we won’t.

IMO, if Diaz were to leave, he wouldn’t need replacing. 

It feel it’s a bit like the Alisson, VVD, Fabinho signings needed. We have the quality, maybe need some steel. 

I'd definitely look at selling Diaz and salah. And bringing in one quality centre forward. 

Who that centre forward is, I haven't the foggiest idea who.... 

Could elliot step into salahs shoes.... Perhaps, but then we'd need a backup for him. 

But we definitely need a straight up 20 league goal a season centre forward. And don't mean 10 pens and 10 from open play. 

4 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I'd definitely look at selling Diaz and salah. And bringing in one quality centre forward. 

If you are bringing in a CF why not keep Diaz instead of Nunez?

6 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Could elliot step into salahs shoes.... Perhaps, but then we'd need a backup for him. 

But we definitely need a straight up 20 league goal a season centre forward. And don't mean 10 pens and 10 from open play. 

Elliot is woeful in a front 3. In fact he’s pretty mediocre whenever he starts a game.

• Upvote 2

Striker and defensive midfielder are the two big glaring holes in the squad. I like Jayden Danns and Stefan Bajcetic a lot but we need top quality first choice players in those positions. 

After those two it’s just replacements for whoever leaves.

11 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

It's August. Elliott is Salah's replacement, God only knows who the back up to Elliott is. How you feeling about our chances?

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Elliott will have his hands full holding off Doak as backup for that spot. He ain't starting in our front three. on a regular basis at all, much less as a first 11.

Doak didn't look anywhere near ready in his cameo Apperances. All talent but head down and no end product

Diaz won't be leaving imo. 

Barcelona may wa t him buy they can afford him and the only players we would take in a swap deal they won't want to lose. 

Cant see PSG wanting him especially for the fee we would want. He wants a new deal,that's what the noise is for. 

Summerville is a left winger that might not even be good enough. All well and good scoring in the championship 

Neither Bakyoko or elliot have shown they can replace Salah unless we have a 20+ league goal number 9

Mirror saying clubs watching Virg and Dortmund are top of the list. If he is wanting to leave for Dortmund he can fuck off whenever he wants. 3/4ty best team in Germany, 40/50ml and take him. 

I'd sell 2 of the forwards and being a top quality player in. Even 3 out for 2. 

We need sonevpace and dribbling ability. 

I'd sell

One of Tsimikas or Robertson and replace

A new CB

A new 6, though I'd like to look at Morton in the summer, he's done well on loan in a two man midfield so maybe him and Bajectic with Trent,Mac Allister 

If Olise didn't seem so injury prone he'd be a option

2 or 3 forwards, one ready one young

Something like

LB Milos Kerkez/alt-Nouri

CB Marc Guehi

Alan Verala,Archie Gray

Not sure there is as a striker that will guarantee goals and at a age Edwards/Hughes will want. Maybe Gyökeres but hard to tell how good he is. Osimhen is 26 next year. 

Out wide Nico Williams,Kvaratskhelia both young and talented, neither cheap. 

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Doak didn't look anywhere near ready in his cameo Apperances. All talent but head down and no end product

He is 18 years old!!

Was in the squad for a reason and has the skillset needed to possibly be a success in a front three. Elliott does not.

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Summerville is a left winger that might not even be good enough. All well and good scoring in the championship 

Got 5 goals and 6 assists in his first season in the premier league (including the winner against us) as well as the 20 goals 10 assists this season in the championship, and he's still only 22.

14 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He is 18 years old!!

Was in the squad for a reason and has the skillset needed to possibly be a success in a front three. Elliott does not.

Of course

I'm saying he isn't ready to replace Mo right now. Not he never will be

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Got 5 goals and 6 assists in his first season in the premier league (including the winner against us) as well as the 20 goals 10 assists this season in the championship, and he's still only 22.

He got 4 goals and 2 assists in the league in 2022/23 his first season according to transfermarkt 

He might be good enough to be a squad player but bringing him in to replace Diaz or Salah is a massive risk. Plenty score for fun in the championship 

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He got 4 goals and 2 assists in the league in 2022/23 his first season according to transfermarkt 

He might be good enough to be a squad player but bringing him in to replace Diaz or Salah is a massive risk. Plenty score for fun in the championship 

Nobodies suggesting him as the direct replacement for either player but as part of the squad, If Leeds don't get promoted it could be a steal.

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Alissons house is up for sale, but only because he moved to a bigger house about 6 months ago or something but hadn't sold up first. 

Edit... Here's a link to the story. It's not the one I read originally but the same gist. 

https://www.anfieldcentral.co.uk/transfers/alisson-is-not-being-sold-despite-listing-475m-home-for-sale/amp

“The expansive home, located in Cheshire, spans over 8,000 square feet and is priced at £4,750,000, featuring a range of high-end amenities including a gym, cinema room, entertainment room, steam room, sauna, and a wine cellar.

The property also includes six bathrooms, three reception rooms, and a stunning entertainment balcony.”

Must have been traumatic trapped in that claustrophobic hellhole, can see why he’s had to move somewhere with space.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Szoboszlai can play in the front 3.

That's the rub - we have a bunch of guys who can play there. And some weeks they may play pretty well.

We need to add - especially if Salah leaves - a couple who can really play there. Damn near every time.

Our bench will be full of options - we need the main guy to either return to world class main guy levels or get the next one in AND add another fella near that if we are looking to compete again right away.

If not, and Mo stays, we are jostling around 4th to 6th place anyway.