You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

14 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, thought things were...not fantastic. 

Wonder if Salah could be convinced to fuck off there. 

He should be able to fuck off to wherever he wants to. He has an agent.

His first call this morning should have been "Send me a list of places I can fuck off to."

15 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I meant to say sell Nunez and salah. 

I wouldn't be looking to move Diaz on yet. A decent centre forward would see Diaz bagging 20 assists with ease

I think Diaz could play with Ronaldo and he'd struggle to get 10 assists. He doesn't combine with anybody.

• Upvote 1

Is this the thread for absolute whinging melts to cry about FSG and beg for a middle eastern nation state to take over us if we haven't spent £300b on players and cloned Messi & Ronaldo in the summer?

I look forward to the tantrums next September.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

“The expansive home, located in Cheshire, spans over 8,000 square feet and is priced at £4,750,000, featuring a range of high-end amenities including a gym, cinema room, entertainment room, steam room, sauna, and a wine cellar.

The property also includes six bathrooms, three reception rooms, and a stunning entertainment balcony.”

Must have been traumatic trapped in that claustrophobic hellhole, can see why he’s had to move somewhere with space.

Baptism pool wasn't big enough

• Haha 2

I'd keep Diaz. The season we were going for the quadruple he really pushed us on. That player's still in there, you see it in flashes. Plus, he puts in a shift. Playing with two other mobile forwards who could hit a cow's arse with a banjo helped, mind.

I think we'll see Salah see out his contract, move centrally, and a right winger brought in. Someone who can run that flank all day, and not stray too much inside.

The big question, for me, is how we approach the midfield. We've two starters, and a load of "can do a job"s. 

If Diaz's dad isn't pushing for him to leave all summer then I'm more than happy with Diaz and Gakpo taking the left sided attacker spot with Jota being the 3rd man up (Jota and Gakpo also being the alternative for the #9 role).

They're the only three I'm 100% on going into next season with.

Everything else is dependent on what happens with Nunez and Salah.

12 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The big question, for me, is how we approach the midfield. We've two starters, and a load of "can do a job"s. 

The midfield should be pretty simple, it just needs another defensive mid to balance it out.

In 4231

#6 - New DM, Endo, Bajcetic

#6/#8 - Mac Allister, Gravenberch, Jones

In 433

#8 - Mac Allister, Jones, Gravenberch, Szoboszlai, Elliott

#6 - New DM, Endo, Bajcetic

15 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

If Diaz's dad isn't pushing for him to leave all summer then I'm more than happy with Diaz and Gakpo taking the left sided attacker spot with Jota being the 3rd man up (Jota and Gakpo also being the alternative for the #9 role).

They're the only three I'm 100% on going into next season with.

Everything else is dependent on what happens with Nunez and Salah.

It's impossible to tell what we'll do, imo because I think the whole concept behind our attack is to have 5 of them who collectively kind of hide the individuals' weaknesses and presumably the person who came up with this in Klopp is leaving.

And so with a new manager/board, what profiles we keep is kind of up in the air. Do Edwards/Hughes/Slot want to get rid of the striker with technical deficiencies, the winger who runs with his head down and can't finish, the forward who isn't much of a goal threat, the forward who isn't really a winger, nor lone striker who also misses 2 months every season.

And then Salah is a seperate issue.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'd keep Diaz. The season we were going for the quadruple he really pushed us on. That player's still in there, you see it in flashes. Plus, he puts in a shift. Playing with two other mobile forwards who could hit a cow's arse with a banjo helped, mind.

I think we'll see Salah see out his contract, move centrally, and a right winger brought in. Someone who can run that flank all day, and not stray too much inside.

Who are the two starters for you in midfield ?

31 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I think if we sign a 6 that performs, things will fall into place clearly.

• Upvote 1

We still need strengthening at centre back, centre mid and striker like we’ve done every summer for the last few years. 

Therefore, We’ll give Matip a new contract and go with what we’ve got.

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I know swap deals arnt generally done but if PSG had a interest in Diaz(I think all the talk of leaving is a new contract personally) or Salah I wonder if a deal could be done. 

Throw Konate in as well to sweeten it 

People actually thinking FSG with give the new manager the funds he needs when they consistently fucked over Klopp when he needed to add to the squad. 

it will be bare minimum FC once again in the transfer market but this time they habe another up and coming manager whi will be happy just to be here on FSG's mind. 

I can see Morton/Bajectic getting tried as the 6 with Mac Allister and maybe Trent in preseason. 

I think we could go a bit Rodgers like and just try and get at teams and press high. 

Not sure I like Trent in midfield but I think with his contract running down they might have to try it to keep him onside and with a more solid rightback we could let the midfield press a bit higher. 

GK Alisson

RB Geertruida/Bradley

RCB Konate/Quansah

LCB Virg/?

LB Robbo/?

6 Endo/Bajectic/Morton

6 Mac Allister/Trent/Jones

LW Diaz/Summerville

10 Gakpo/Carvalho/Elliot

RW Szoboszlai/Nunez/Elliot

CF Jota/Gakpo/Nunez

Mostly gone with players we have,may have forgotten a couple. But I think you could fill put the squad like that. If we are keeping Nunez I would definitely look at moving him wide and see if we could get a tube out him him letting him run at players and away from goal. 

Not sure either Jonrs or Elliot fit a 4231 as neither have the pace to be proper wingers and not sure about either in midfield. Maybe as a 10 but they'd really need to up their numbers in assists and goals. Amd in Jones case play the ball quicker around the box

We ha e been linked with Willian Pacho for CB but he doesn't fit are normal type as he's 6'2 we normally go a bit taller. 

19 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

People actually thinking FSG with give the new manager the funds he needs when they consistently fucked over Klopp when he needed to add to the squad. 

it will be bare minimum FC once again in the transfer market but this time they habe another up and coming manager whi will be happy just to be here on FSG's mind. 

Everyone on Twatter thinking Micheal Edwards will get us Valverde or Vinicius Jr off Real Madrid for a tenner and a couple of bags of Space Raiders. 

25 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I can see Morton/Bajectic getting tried as the 6 with Mac Allister and maybe Trent in preseason. 

I think we could go a bit Rodgers like and just try and get at teams and press high. 

Not sure I like Trent in midfield but I think with his contract running down they might have to try it to keep him onside and with a more solid rightback we could let the midfield press a bit higher. 

GK Alisson

RB Geertruida/Bradley

RCB Konate/Quansah

LCB Virg/?

LB Robbo/?

6 Endo/Bajectic/Morton

6 Mac Allister/Trent/Jones

LW Diaz/Summerville

10 Gakpo/Carvalho/Elliot

RW Szoboszlai/Nunez/Elliot

CF Jota/Gakpo/Nunez

Mostly gone with players we have,may have forgotten a couple.

Joe Gomez

Selling Salah and buying a Right Back and another LW? If Nunez were to play on the wing he would be on that side I would think.

17 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Joe Gomez

Selling Salah and buying a Right Back and another LW? If Nunez were to play on the wing he would be on that side I would think.

Yeah Gomez, obviously can play across the line. 

I think Nunez could play either side, for me keeping him on the right would give us someone offering actual width. For me if we keep him(I think we will for 1 more year) I think he's a come off the bench late on,offer pace over the top etc 

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah Gomez, obviously can play across the line. 

I think Nunez could play either side, for me keeping him on the right would give us someone offering actual width. For me if we keep him(I think we will for 1 more year) I think he's a come off the bench late on,offer pace over the top etc 

Could certainly try him there - not sure he has played there before.  I don't see any scenario where we sell Salah and the new guy is not in our starting 11 from the off.