You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Stepping down at the end of the season

dandyman

We've got to shake all this glum shit off though. There's matches to be won this week and it's not a death. Quite the opposite, he's going off to have a life. And we've got leagues and cups to win. We've all said klopp has never won enough due to the cheats, well here's an opportunity to put some of that right - we're in one final, doing sound in the other domestic competition with a nice home tie and lots of PL teams sure to be out by the end of this round, we'd be one of the favourites in the CL let alone the Europa and for once we have our noses in front of city AND they're coming to us. Time to get bouncing and hostile. 

What we need now is an aggressive Liverpool fan base, make anfield as hostile as we can. Smash Norwich tomorrow, fuck Chelsea on Wednesday before our away support get down to the Emirates and carry that support on to help the team finish the week with 3 wins. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 11

My only real regret is that I wish he had just kept to his original contract and gone the same time anyway.

Like Baz I think we need to use this as fuel for the rest of the season, and realise how good a place Jurgen has left us in.

I reckon with great replacements for Joel and Thiago, and contracts for Trent and Mo, we could have the best squad in our history.

• Upvote 2

I suspect one of the main reasons it's such a blow is the fact that Klopp managed, amongst so many other things, to make football seem like a proper sport, a proper game, and above all else proper fun again. At a time when so many were absolutely pissed off by the hyped-up tribalism, the obscene amount of money being used to buy success and the increasing pomposity and inasanity of the various governing bodies, Klopp made you just enjoy the sight of fast and frantic footie again. There are a few other managers around who might offer a similar tactical sophistication, even excitement, but they won't bring that simple unforced joy of playing the game. Not even Shanks, Paisley, or Kenny offered that to the same extent. That's an irrecoverable loss.

• Upvote 7

I can't recall a Liverpool manager who can turn games the way Klopp can. Countless times we've walked off after a shite 45 only to come back out looking like a new team. This season especially. That's a hugely tough facet for our next manager to duplicate. 

Still wanna cry tbh. 

15 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I suspect one of the main reasons it's such a blow is the fact that Klopp managed, amongst so many other things, to make football seem like a proper sport, a proper game, and above all else proper fun again. At a time when so many were absolutely pissed off by the hyped-up tribalism, the obscene amount of money being used to buy success and the increasing pomposity and inasanity of the various governing bodies, Klopp made you just enjoy the sight of fast and frantic footie again. There are a few other managers around who might offer a similar tactical sophistication, even excitement, but they won't bring that simple unforced joy of playing the game. Not even Shanks, Paisley, or Kenny offered that to the same extent. That's an irrecoverable loss.

Fucking Usher not letting me rep this. 

It’s the man behind the manager that has kept me watching this utter shite sport. 

11 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I can't recall a Liverpool manager who can turn games the way Klopp can. Countless times we've walked off after a shite 45 only to come back out looking like a new team. This season especially. That's a hugely tough facet for our next manager to duplicate. 

Still wanna cry tbh. 

Maybe the next manager will get us coming out playing well from the start! 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

We've got to shake all this glum shit off though. There's matches to be won this week and it's not a death. Quite the opposite, he's going off to have a life. And we've got leagues and cups to win. We've all said klopp has never won enough due to the cheats, well here's an opportunity to put some of that right - we're in one final, doing sound in the other domestic competition with a nice home tie and lots of PL teams sure to be out by the end of this round, we'd be one of the favourites in the CL let alone the Europa and for once we have our noses in front of city AND they're coming to us. Time to get bouncing and hostile. 

What we need now is an aggressive Liverpool fan base, make anfield as hostile as we can. Smash Norwich tomorrow, fuck Chelsea on Wednesday before our away support get down to the Emirates and carry that support on to help the team finish the week with 3 wins. 

Spot on this. He's still here till the end of the season and we need to cherish every day and game he's still here for, and send him off on a massive high as he truly deserves. 

When going into the butcher's, yesterday, I was unprepared for the shock that lay ahead. One of the lads in there, also a fan, just said "sad news", which gave me no clue as to what he meant. As he told me, I just had mental pictures of the people in the famed footage showing the reaction when told of Shankly's departure. The open mouthed disbelief and numbness. The look that says "Please tell me it's not true". Devastation. The comfort of 'knowing' that our beloved Jurgen would be with us for at least another couple of seasons, and maybe beyond, was a shattered dream. 

Looking at a display cabinet full of meat was kind of apt, because it felt like Johnny had butchered me - sliced me down the middle and ripped out my heart. 

Having seen and heard the explanation from the man himself, I can only say that I could feel the emotion pouring out, and how difficult it must have been to come to that decision and then have to come out and tell everybody. It felt like he was close to tears at some points. I certainly was. As we all know, how much in love with the club, the fans, the city and everything else, to be convinced that it had to end, for the good of his own health and wellbeing, must be taken in all sincerity and respected. We know that he thinks things over so deeply, and that it would certainly not have been a lightly made decision. He has earned that trust and respect in his every word and move.

On a lighter, but maybe relevant note...

FLlC7f5aIAE2pis?format=jpg&name=900x900

This is the lineup for his first match. The only ever-present  there during these wonderful past years is the one and only Milner. Can it be a coincidence, that given the timing of his thoughts - shortly after the start of this season, planning for next season - he came to the growing realisation: What is life, the Universe and everything, without Millie? I can't go on!!

It was actually quite disappointing when we played Brighton, that Milner was not involved. I had hoped to see them following the match, Klopp giving him one of his legendary hugs and secretly whispering in his ear, tapping him up.

We love you, Jurgen, and can only hope that this announcement gives you, the players and all fans, the drive, impetus and passion to go and finish what you've started this season, to win everything in sight, and give you the most appropriate and rewarding finale and send off you absolutely deserve.

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

Been a bit of a roller coaster day for me, and all of us I guess, but when I weigh it all up I can’t help but think what an absolute selfish twat he’s been here, what about us? What about me? What about the trophies and the club and me!

Dead unfair this, we pay him gazillions of pounds and he just ups and says, fuck it, am off! Out of fucking order. 

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

finally some realism in this pity party.

Stepping down??

How bout quitting.

Or spitting the bit.

Abandoning the project.

Bailing.

18 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Wish he had made it public at the end of the season. Its definitely a risk.

Let's hope we buck the trend. Usually it doesn't end well when managers announce they're leaving 

Got to think a journo was ready to spill the story 

I genuinely believe VAR is a factor in Jurgen deciding to jib it.

We've been absolutely fucked by the Manc biff's this season and there's nothing Klopp can say or do about it, as Webb will just give Paul Tierney more of our games to shaft us for speaking out. When you are fighting 115 FC and the PGMOL at the same time - it must be fucking exhausting. If he goes for them again- all he does is risk another ban/fine and they will close ranks and do everything they can to hurt the club with more "human error" VAR calls.

He won't acknowledge any of it until he's out of the PL, but I can guarantee he'll say plenty about the corrupt twats once he's not at their mercy anymore.

• Upvote 1