You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Stepping down at the end of the season

dandyman

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Watched about 30 mins of that press conference at 3pm.

Couldn't get past the fact that Hogan looked like a CIA villain at Langley from an espionage movie.

Not paid much attention to Hogan before, he impressed me today though. 

• Upvote 1

It's been a fuckling privilege to have gone on this journey with him. I am so grateful to him for bringing the joy back. 

It's a fucking great big fairy story.

Rocks up. Says he is normal. Tells everyone that if they want success they need to buck-up! Wins everything.

God bless, you massive fucking legend. Hope all your future endeavours bring you happiness. 

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 13

36 minutes ago, Anubis said:

We do indeed. Outbof interest, Frode, who would you want?

I want Alonso. I have thought he would be a future manager here since long before he left.

I was afraid the opportunity never would emerge though, because I actually thought Klopp would extend his contract. Something I obviously would love him to do. 

Now we just need to take our chance and get him in.  I think he has said earlier it would be a dream for him to become our manager. 

• Upvote 3

What I've taken from what he's said today, he was pretty ready to go after last season, but we didn't want to sack him (the fans and fsg both wanted him here) and he didn't want to leave us in that state. Once he's seen the foundations for the new team were in place, he's thought I just need to enjoy this and then get out. Fair play to him, his own health and wellbeing must come first and if his heart isn't in it, I could imagine he becomes half the manager. 

It's devastating news and something I've been dreading for years. He really is a genius, he's a wonderfully gifted football manager and then is a fantastic human being, which helps him drag every ounce of talent and effort out of the players, while simultaneously being the fella every one of us would pick to go for a pint with before anyone else on the planet. 

The next manager, no matter how talented, has impossible shoes to fill. I look out there and I've genuinely no idea where we would go next. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Of the three "jobs" Alonso wants - we would be by far the most accommodating to any bedding in time.

Real would turn on him inside 6 months if they weren't flying and Bayern would expect the title straight off.

Aye, but in munich he'd have a club with no peers. In Spain he'd be with the stronger of the 2 elite clubs. Here before the challenge of the likes of arsenal and Manchester United, you've also got to ensure you beat 2 oil states and whatever the fuck Chelsea end up as and whatever money they seem to have behind them. This is the hardest gig of the 3. 

• Upvote 2

I love the honest and integrity he's showing in all of this but that's no surprise. I'm sure he's really excited about spending more time back in Germany with his family and young grandkid. Imagine having Jürgen as your granddad! 

• Upvote 1

Very surprising and very sad news. 

Klopp leaving will be a massive milestone in the history of the club. Just as him arriving was. The owners now need to run a process to get the whole management structure, all levels including CEO, sporting director and manager in place. Making the right choices and decisions there will be vital to the development of the club and team over the next 10 to 20 years. Yes, Klopp leaving a solid squad is all nice, but worth fuck all if the club fail on the above.

After clicking on a Klopp hashtag on twitter then finding my way to a Sky article shortly after saying he's off I'm now just shocked really. Got here to post something then just stopped for a couple of minutes as it sank in. I really thought that this squad was where he was ready to go for it for another 2 or 3 seasons, didn't expect this at all.

I hope he doesn't regret leaving this squad at some stage in the future though and if taking a break from footie is really what he needs then there's no point in him staying if it's not right for him.

Legendary manager and a huge gutter to find this out.