You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 Worst Liverpool Players You Have Seen

VERBAL DIARRHEA

Game wrecking performances I've seen, that I remember. I might be the common denominator here actually...

Bogdan Vs Watford

Lovren Vs spurs

Toure Vs Fulham

Gomez Vs Brighton

Sturridge Vs reading

Still really like three of these players. Plus dejan will always have the Dortmund goal.

Istvan Kozma

Aly Cissokho

Jimmy Carter

I started watching the Reds in the mid/late 60's and two who stick in my mind from the Shankly era are

Doug Livermore ( my dad called him 'Codswallop' Livermore - ended up assistant to Roy Evans )

John McLaughlin ( would be considered too lightweight for the present Academy - upgraded to Alun Evans )

• Upvote 1

Poulsen for me. He'd done alright earlier in his career and was very effective at Sevilla when they started winning UEFA Cups. Then he went to Juventus and was the definition of mediocre. Then he played at the 2010 World Cup and stunk the place out. Juve couldn't believe their luck when they got us to part with money for Poulsen as well as give them Aquilani with us footing the bill. Fabinho dropped off badly last year, but Poulsen's drop off was worse as he'd never reached Fab's lofty heights to begin with.

I can't actually recall Ferri ever playing, so the stories that Ged signed him to be a snitch have nothing else to contradict them. Not sure Ged needed to spend over £1m on someone to tell him that Ince was not a positive influence in the dressing room. Both players got binned that summer.

I also never rated Mike Hooper, mainly because every time we were live on TV and he was playing instead of Brucie, we always seemed to lose!

Phil Babb is unquestionably the worst 'footballer' I've seen for us. He's the only player we've ever had who I genuinely believed I had better technical ability than.

Even all the other shit ones were fucking miles better than any of us when it comes to technique, but I genuinely don't think Babb was. He could run and tackle and was a good athlete. Couldn't trap a bag of cement, couldn't dribble, couldn't pass, couldn't shoot. He had no right foot and his left foot was crap.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Aly Sissoko and Bjorn Kvarme were definitely the two most technically limited footballers I've ever seen play for us.

In terms of fitness and athleticism there are a number (Inc. Poulsen, Cole, Ruddock) around the Souness/Evans boundary and Hodgson 'era' who were absolutely dreadful.

Tactically Balotelli has to be up there, absolutely terrible at understanding space and positional play. I used to be really happy when City selected him to play us as I thought it basically amounted to them fielding 10 men... then we bought him.

Pongolle produced possibly the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a Liverpool player. Did absolutely everything wrong and couldn’t even be arsed to run around a bit. I think it was at Palace but it wasn’t televised so it never happened. 

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Are you Graeme Sounness?  I think they were our two top scorers in 1991/2, so he (you?) sold them both to Villa.

British transfer record for Saunders. Scored 10 league goals in a thoroughly disappointing season in which we finsished 6th. I know we won the cup that year as I went the final. All just felt shite after the glorious decade before it. Probably a bit spoilt really. 

When we were kids Nicky Tanner bought a house in our cul-de-sac, he was playing for Bristol Rovers at the time. 

We’re all out playing football in the street one day and we told my brother to go knock on his door and ask him if he wants to come out and have a kick around with us. 

Being a daft 6 year old kid Joe did as he was told and came back with Nicky Tanner. Only he was fucking shit, worse than 10 year old kids level shit and no one wanted to play with him in Wembley doubles. 

Anyone who had a mare after that day was told they had a Tanner! 

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shitty Arse said:

British transfer record for Saunders. Scored 10 league goals in a thoroughly disappointing season in which we finsished 6th. I know we won the cup that year as I went the final. All just felt shite after the glorious decade before it. Probably a bit spoilt really. 

That year's FA Cup was a gimme.  We only played one top flight team in the whole campaign.