You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

52 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

I haven’t seen the game at all but if it’s true that some players holding up shirts with 15 on then that just makes them bigger arrogant pricks than I thought they were. Dortmund to win with a disputed penalty please.

They did the same before our final other them and the fluke that aswell. 

8 hours ago, Code said:

Do they have different offside rule in Europa? 

IMG_0839.jpeg

I haven't watched any of it so not sure what happened, but what's the problem here, both lads in the middle look offside? Was it not?

12 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

He was more than largely good. Infact if it wasn't for him and Fowler they would be seriously lost years.

Yeah he was a phenomenal player for us, massively under-rated I think. Brilliant to watch and often carried the team on his back, including winning us two cup finals.

His finishing was dreadful though, which was the only real flaw he had and the reason he doesn't get much of a mention in best ever elevens. If he could finish he'd walk into any best ever LFC side.

He's also damaged by playing in an under achieving side and because he left on a Bosman (personally I have zero problem with him for that). He's popular in Madrid, which says a lot for his quality as they don't tend to take to players very easily.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, dave u said:

I haven't watched any of it so not sure what happened, but what's the problem here, both lads in the middle look offside? Was it not?

They didnt draw the lines, so we will never know.  The linesman put his flag up, so the ref blew his whistle as Laimer was putting the ball in. Madrid players will claim they stopped when they heard the whistle im sure.

We would be fuming if it happened to us, though funnily probably one which would have been forgotten about 2 mins later pre VAR and all the changes to putting the flag up.

14 minutes ago, dave u said:

The controversy is the linesman immediately raised his flag and Bayern scored. He should have left it for VAR - it was the bottom player that was involved in the goal and was called offside.

His knee does look offside though, and I guess you could argue the scorer gained an advantage from being in an offside position.

He defo should leave it for VAR. I'm assuming since they haven't shown any proof it was offside that it must have been on, otherwise they'd be putting it out there straight away to get the lino off the hook.

8 hours ago, Code said:

Do they have different offside rule in Europa? 

IMG_0839.jpeg

The more football I watch outside the Prem, the more I'm led to believe it's the Prem that has different rules to everyone else.

5 minutes ago, dave u said:

He defo should leave it for VAR. I'm assuming since they haven't shown any proof it was offside that it must have been on, otherwise they'd be putting it out there straight away to get the lino off the hook.

Really tight call but just onside for me. Rudiger's trailing foot/heel looks to be closer to the cut of the grass than Sane's knee.

15 hours ago, SasaS said:

Valencia and Alaves in 2001 remain the last Spanish teams losing European finals to a non-Spanish opposition. 10 CL consecutive final wins and 12 wins in the EL.

That is 22-0.

They lost a few before that though.

45 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They lost a few before that though.

If you add the national team at Euros and World Cup, it comes to 25 consecutive wins in the final matches over a 22-year period, since 2001. 

After losing to us in '81, Real won all of its nine subsequent EC/CL finals. Five over the past ten years.

Lost three altogether in their history.

6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

If you add the national team at Euros and World Cup, it comes to 25 consecutive wins in the final matches over a 22-year period, since 2001. 

After losing to us in '81, Real won all of its nine subsequent EC/CL finals. Five over the past ten years.

Lost three altogether in their history.

Some record despite some outrageous luck, sorry battling abilities. Spanish teams have lost about 7/8 all time in EC/Cl alone. Plus remember Real’s first 4/5 wins were the equivalent of a pre season tournament. Finals are all about winning as you know, Ramos and Karius won them one on their own.

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Hard on Kane, but funny. He does appear to be a bit of an albatross when it comes to winning stuff.

Serves him right for staying at Spurs for too long. It’s admirable but he could have gone anywhere he wanted 5 years ago and would have a decent trophy haul now. Instead he waited and waited to go to the one club in Europe other than maybe Celtic where he’s pretty much guaranteed a medal of some sort and fucking blew it. Mind you he’s had a brilliant season, his efforts can’t be faulted. 

If we had Kane this season we’d already have the league wrapped up. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Serves him right for staying at Spurs for too long. It’s admirable but he could have gone anywhere he wanted 5 years ago and would have a decent trophy haul now. Instead he waited and waited to go to the one club in Europe other than maybe Celtic where he’s pretty much guaranteed a medal of some sort and fucking blew it. Mind you he’s had a brilliant season, his efforts can’t be faulted. 

If we had Kane this season we’d already have the league wrapped up. 

I place of the Long Haired Uruguayan Hill Fighting Rebel?

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm impressed by your commitment to dying on that Nunez hill mate.

He won't die on that hill, he'll be stood next to me, laughing as we look down at all the doubters at the bottom of the hill, frantically scrambling over eachother to try and climb up to where us smart kids are. 

A lot of people have been fooled by the recent eclipse, but some of us still see the whole of the moon.

• Upvote 1