You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Local Elections 2023

skend04

47 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

She got (narrowly) elected to both councils and she’s still on Facebook at this time of night with nothing but bitterness to offer. 

Fucking horrible woman. 

Name? I'm in a right fucking mood. 

Saw a headline on my Google from the I or something saying senior Tories are warning Rishi lad that old BJ is a vote winner.  

Bring it on. The weaker they become

the more they’ll turn on each other. Problem is, they’re supposed to be running a country for EVERYONE in it. 

The damage they’ve done since 2010 is going to be nigh on impossible to repair in one term of any other government. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

The Tories smashed. Watch them try to stuff even more taxpayer's cash into their pockets before they're slung out next year. 

From them results I'm not sure it's that cut and dried. I think Labour might be doing a Devon Lock.

UKIP now gone as a political force with all its councillors gone, these other little weird parties with "freedom" in their name didn't make gains either. 

Whatever way people want to spin it its all progressive parties which came out on top.

Even the bellwether of Northern serfdom and right wing cuntery that is Bolton has gone back to Labour.

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

UKIP now gone as a political force with all its councillors gone, these other little weird parties with "freedom" in their name didn't make gains either. 

Whatever way people want to spin it its all progressive parties which came out on top.

Even the bellwether of Northern serfdom and right wing cuntery that is Bolton has gone back to Labour.

You could argue that, with Brexit achieved, there is no reason for these 'parties' to exist as they've served their purpose. Either way, good fucking riddance.

7 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

You could argue that, with Brexit achieved, there is no reason for these 'parties' to exist as they've served their purpose. Either way, good fucking riddance.

I'm not so sure, I don't think brexit was ever the real issue with these parties, it was racism under another name and populism that needed a figure like farage, the way the Tories needed a Johnson. The reason it doesn't work at the moment is that our biggest dog whistlers like Braverman are themselves brown, which doesn't compute for the crosshatch tank top contingent.

It's possible the photo ID thing backfired on them, especially in the North. The red wall Tory voters would have been too busy grinding their teeth to be arsed digging one out.

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'm not so sure, I don't think brexit was ever the real issue with these parties, it was racism under another name and populism that needed a figure like farage, the way the Tories needed a Johnson. The reason it doesn't work at the moment is that our biggest dog whistlers like Braverman are themselves brown, which doesn't compute for the crosshatch tank top contingent.

It's possible the photo ID thing backfired on them, especially in the North. The red wall Tory voters would have been too busy grinding their teeth to be arsed digging one out.

I thought Labour did well in red wall seats? not 100% sure on that but I thought that's where they made most gains.

18 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I thought Labour did well in red wall seats? not 100% sure on that but I thought that's where they made most gains.

I mean for the Tory voters, people who were half in but not arsed enough.

There'll be a few Tory supporters on here silently fuming at the results the other night. Some hoping for Sunak's exit, with others sticking up moody predictions trying to convince themselves and us that it's actually not all that bad for them.

In other news, as someone who wants the Tories out at a local and national level, I'm happy with the results, but I wish Labour would begin to take the focus away from Starmer, and Sunak for that matter. Starmer isn't the win that some think he is, and Sunak's polling higher than his party. Let the people know that Labour is about more than the leader and a few figures in the shadow cabinet, and that the Tories are about more than whoever their leader is in any given month. They have a dismal record that's begging to be highlighted, so shine a light on it.

Fucking sick of all this personality politics and focus on figureheads, be it Johnson, Corbyn, Sunak or Starmer. The parties are about much more than any of them.

• 7 months later...
On 05/05/2023 at 23:09, Captain Turdseye said:

Oh my word. My bird has just come into the living room and picked up the the election flyers I’ve had on the coffee table. She switched the big light on and started taking pictures of the Tory leaflet. 

She’s only gone on Facebook and seen my nemesis (SNIDE FUCKING BITCH) on the local chats leaving different comments suggesting that people ought to challenge these new Labour councillors to deliver on their election promises. Now Mrs Turdseye is all over her records and election promises on her leaflets. 

It’s best for everyone if I stay out of it. I would  rip her to pieces and get blocked within minutes, and I suspect the same thing is about to happen to Mrs Turdseye, only with less abusive language. 

Caught out in a shit lie. Resigned. Gone. Took the proper Tory way out. I was catching her out lying about trivial stuff on Facebook before I even had a passing interest in politics. This time there’s video and written council records that there’s no getting away from so she’s jumped instead of being shown up for the bullshit merchant she is. 

Boo-fucking-hoo. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Caught out in a shit lie. Resigned. Gone. Took the proper Tory way out. I was catching her out lying about trivial stuff on Facebook before I even had a passing interest in politics. This time there’s video and written council records that there’s no getting away from so she’s jumped instead of being shown up for the bullshit merchant she is. 

Boo-fucking-hoo. 

Result! 

• Upvote 1