You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Local Elections 2023

skend04

9 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’ve been supporting my local Green Party candidate the last couple of years and this time even went as far as to don a green rosette and stand outside one of the polling stations smiling and saying hello to people when they arrived to vote.

Really hopeful she will get in, and that the horrible Tory woman she’s up against gets given the boot.

fingers crossed.

She got in. 

first non Tory in a millennia. 

Won by more than 1,000 votes.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 13

My mate is on the Town Council! He came in ahead of that Tory bitch, but unfortunately she still got in. It’s her other Tory mate that’s been bumped out. He was only a paper candidate!

C3A33BCC-1BF6-4543-A9FB-CC56DA34AFF9.jpeg

In the district elections he lost to that bitch by 8 votes. Eight. 

He’s gonna be pleased he missed out on the district council with all it entails, but if he’d have knocked her off the Borough council by a vote or two I’d have died a happy man. Nine votes and she would have been toast!

6449EC36-4C55-4038-B469-F6C9A55340B9.jpeg

Getting beaten by a paper candidate would have crushed her. 

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

My mate is on the Town Council! He came in ahead of that Tory bitch, but unfortunately she still got in. It’s her other Tory mate that’s been bumped out. He was only a paper candidate!

C3A33BCC-1BF6-4543-A9FB-CC56DA34AFF9.jpeg

In the district elections he lost to that bitch by 8 votes. Eight. 

He’s gonna be pleased he missed out on the district council with all it entails, but if he’d have knocked her off the Borough council by a vote or two I’d have died a happy man. Nine votes and she would have been toast!

6449EC36-4C55-4038-B469-F6C9A55340B9.jpeg

Getting beaten by a paper candidate would have crushed her. 

Rep gun has run out mate, I'll be back. 

• Upvote 1

The Tories probably calculated that they wouldn't lose 1000 seats and put the figure out there in order to claim they overperformed once all results were in. Well, they've lost 979 councillors and there are still 17 council's to declare. Going to be a bloodbath in the next few days and weeks.

Edit: 1000 gone and 13 councils left to declare.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

We've had a Labour hold in Leicester although the Tories have made gains from the last one. The Blaby district continues to worship Nigel Lawson and remains blue.

Told this before. 

He owned a massive country pad with beautiful fruit and veg gardens near Bristol that neighboured The Players Golf Club. 

Carly’s Uncle Nick was a member there and took me to play a few times. 

The golf club were applying to expand the golf courses on land they already owned and he was spending hundreds of thousands on legal fees trying to stop it. 

Every time Nick and I were teeing off on the tee closest to the kitchen garden we used to deliberately fire golf balls at the green houses smashing panes of glass. As did most other members. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Megadrive Man said:

Yeah it's a grim mix of Middle class Tory voters and thick as shit working class Tories. 

I understand middle class voters voting tory in tory strongholds because they don't really have much to lose but when people who haven't got a pot to piss in continue to vote for a party that would squeeze their last grain of rice out of them just because they promise not to be "woke lefties who will let the boats invade" just blows my mind. Stupid thick ignorant racist cunts. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I understand middle class voters voting tory in tory strongholds because they don't really have much to lose but when people who haven't got a pot to piss in continue to vote for a party that would squeeze their last grain of rice out of them just because they promise not to be "woke lefties who will let the boats invade" just blows my mind. Stupid thick ignorant racist cunts. 

It's Stockholm syndrome.

I still regularly hear people saying things like 'don't want Labour getting in, council tax will go up' despite the fact its gone up by 5% in most areas this year under the tories.

There's too many delusional people down here that would seemingly vote tory under any circumstances. 

8 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

It's Stockholm syndrome.

I still regularly hear people saying things like 'don't want Labour getting in, council tax will go up' despite the fact its gone up by 5% in most areas this year under the tories.

There's too many delusional people down here that would seemingly vote tory under any circumstances. 

Thick fuckers who live in right wing echo chambers. 

8 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Maybe the memo wasn't got by BBC London who, despite a disastrous night for the Tories, seemed to want to focus on Slough - who went from Labour to no overall control. This was being painted as some kind of success for the Tories.

That council has a £100m black hole in it's finances. 

Oh my word. My bird has just come into the living room and picked up the the election flyers I’ve had on the coffee table. She switched the big light on and started taking pictures of the Tory leaflet. 

She’s only gone on Facebook and seen my nemesis (SNIDE FUCKING BITCH) on the local chats leaving different comments suggesting that people ought to challenge these new Labour councillors to deliver on their election promises. Now Mrs Turdseye is all over her records and election promises on her leaflets. 

It’s best for everyone if I stay out of it. I would  rip her to pieces and get blocked within minutes, and I suspect the same thing is about to happen to Mrs Turdseye, only with less abusive language. 

• Upvote 1