You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

13 minutes ago, YNWAViking said:

Ok I did a 4 min FM and YouTube scouting run of our new Japanese midfield maestro. 

CDM/CM. Hard worker, never gives up, great tackler, loves the short passes, 89% passing accuracy. Great at headers even though he is only 178 cm tall. Practically never injured. Sake time.

I’ve just done the same with a different highlights clip. 

He doesn’t actually look that bad. Gets stuck in. Seems tidy enough on the ball when he wins it back and seems to like a long diagonal out to either flank with either foot. 

There might be a step up from the Bundesliga to the PL for him to deal with, but he looks to have a decent skill set. And fairly well experienced too. 

Just now, TD_LFC said:

Potential fee will be interesting, if we're taking a fly on him as a 2nd midfielder behind a Doucoure to re-allocate some of the funds towards a CB then fair enough.

If him and a Gravenberch are our midfield options then no thanks.

Endo can supposedly cover CB on both sides as well.

Look, we can react to this in a shoulder shrug "lets see what happens" way, and I think a lot of us will. The window has become such a farce that it's almost likely that we will all laugh in bemusement...I mean who the fuck can be arsed to do anything other than laugh at this.

But in all seriousness, this is a total disgrace and a massive show of negligence. The club has spent years now building up to this massive rebuild (which they have actively been negligent on) and this is the fucking crescendo we've been treated to?

Heads should roll and I don't mean klopp, but I do mean more than that fat vaping bastard. Asleep at the wheel cunts. And Jurgen Klopp, I fucking love you, but I do not trust you to be our sporting director.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Denny Crane said:

The Japanese James Milner. 

That actually makes sense, to a degree. 

Fabinho, Milner and Henderson are all gone. The back up options in midfield, even if we bring someone else in who has priority over Endo, are pretty much all young lads. Elliott, Jones, Bajcetic. 

If this is our idea of a first choice player, then it isn’t great. But, if it’s a signing to add a bit more experience back to the midfield and pad out the squad a bit, then it ain’t too bad. 

Is he maybe a stop gap until we get the Brazilian boy in January?

I'm not going to get upset about us signing a player I've never seen, I mean if he's been running things for Stuttgart and is 30, he'll bring a lot more experience than Lavia. 'Might turn out ok.

• Upvote 3