You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

Just now, Lee909 said:

I thought FIFA was bringing in rules to stop clubs stockpiling talent with loan limits?

Chelsea seem to have bought over half a dozen kids that are not near first team level. Some serious amount of accounting fuckery going on with them

FIFA rules can not be taken seriously, the Saudis are controlling affairs and can do what they want. 

9 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Feel the same more or less. My oldest son i a massive Liverpool supporter, and he has kept me going for a few years, despite the whole thing turning into the sad state it has. He’s twenty now, and by the sound of it he may well fuck the whole thing off as well, he’s not very excited about the Saudi sporstwash/takeover either.

Almost at that point of jibbing it now , admittedly the time difference makes it easier. I saw my first semi pro game at the weekend and really enjoyed it . No faking injuries, no VAR just two teams going hard at it fucking lovely.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were saving most of this money to get Colwill and one midfielder. 

I think the club want Colwill at all costs as his fee will go stratospheric if he plays for Chelsea for season.  

The noise around him from the top scouts is that he's one of the best u21 CBs they've ever seen and is already the best passer of a ball in his position in Europe.  I didn't realise the hype around him to be honest, but he seems our #1 target. 

Watching tonight's game wasn't a barrel of laughs.  The back 3 idea gets dodgier, and we seem trapped in the attacking equivalent of the quantum realm where the only way we try to score is by trying to thread balls through to a space on the edge of their box the size of a pin-head. We lack a maverick number 10. 

Jota is boss.  Get him near the goal. 

49 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we were saving most of this money to get Colwill and one midfielder. 

I think the club want Colwill at all costs as his fee will go stratospheric if he plays for Chelsea for season.  

The noise around him from the top scouts is that he's one of the best u21 CBs they've ever seen and is already the best passer of a ball in his position in Europe.  I didn't realise the hype around him to be honest, but he seems our #1 target. 

Watching tonight's game wasn't a barrel of laughs.  The back 3 idea gets dodgier, and we seem trapped in the attacking equivalent of the quantum realm where the only way we try to score is by trying to thread balls through to a space on the edge of their box the size of a pin-head. We lack a maverick number 10. 

Zero chance of Colwill this summer after Fofana done his acl. 

The number 6 signing will be season defining, I think.  We are in the bad place of clearly needing to fill a hole and seemingly having made no early headway like we did with the Mac Allister and Szobo deals. We have been linked with Lavia too long with nothing happening for that to be real. The club will need to pull something out of their ass to find the complete profile we need at that position. 

And centre back looks like a position where the club will say they still have 4 players they like so there wont be much urgency there, which will probably be a mistake. Also because you can probably get away with not replacing Phillips. Can only see something consequential if a player they really like becomes available or if Matip or Gomez depart. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The number 6 signing will be season defining, I think.  We are in the bad place of clearly needing to fill a hole and seemingly having made no early headway like we did with the Mac Allister and Szobo deals. We have been linked with Lavia too long with nothing happening for that to be real. The club will need to pull something out of their ass to find the complete profile we need at that position. 

And centre back looks like a position where the club will say they still have 4 players they like so there wont be much urgency there, which will probably be a mistake. Also because you can probably get away with not replacing Phillips. Can only see something consequential if a player they really like becomes available or if Matip or Gomez depart. 

I really can’t see Gomez going anywhere as with Henderson going we need the homegrown player. I’d also be suprised if we let Matip go this summer considering the amount of experience already leaving.

I agree that the Lavia stuff seems like rubbish.

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's difficult in both positions because the prices are high and there aren't many outstanding candidates available. The club clearly need to do something, but it isn't obvious what the next move should be

6 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

We have no width now with trent inverted and robbo having to sit back. Means everything has to come through the middle. If Szoboszlai turns out to be shit / can't provide the assists then we will have to go back to 4-3-3 fairly soon

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

Are you Pearce or Gorst?

Haha, I can confirm we're not looking at Caicedo. Player wants Chelsea. Palhinha also not a target, club prefers a younger option. Doucoure and Lavia being considered.

Point remains though, I'm sure there's players out there I just don't know who they are.. hopefully the club do

4 minutes ago, etho said:

Haha, I can confirm we're not looking at Caicedo. Player wants Chelsea. Palhinha also not a target, club prefers a younger option. Doucoure and Lavia being considered.

Point remains though, I'm sure there's players out there I just don't know who they are.. hopefully the club do

Andre? 

One thing you can all be glad about is if we go into the season undercooked from these owners again I’m done. 

As most people have said they are on the edge of walking away and I have been for a while. It’s bad enough with the sports washing, corruption and meddling of the game,but having tight fisted owners who constantly leave the manager fighting fires in the pursuit of their own wealth is the thing that totally sucks away what little enjoyment I have left.

I was expecting big things this summer for once and it’s been pretty mediocre so far as in we simply haven’t done near enough for the turnover happening within the squad. I’ve seen more depth in a puddle.

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

One thing you can all be glad about is if we go into the season undercooked from these owners again I’m done. 

As most people have said they are on the edge of walking away and I have been for a while. It’s bad enough with the sports washing, corruption and meddling of the game,but having tight fisted owners who constantly leave the manager fighting fires in the pursuit of their own wealth is the thing that totally sucks away what little enjoyment I have left.

I was expecting big things this summer for once and it’s been pretty mediocre so far as in we simply haven’t done near enough for the turnover happening within the squad. I’ve seen more depth in a puddle.

The vast majority of people are on the verge of walking away because of ownership of clubs by States who horrifically abuse human rights, and a club dominating the league who absolutely everyone knows is cheating to an extraordinary level and as we sit here has 115 charges of fraud hanging over them. 

I'm not sure many are walking away because they are annoyed that we didn't sign the players they wanted.  Being pissed off about such a thing is absolutely fine.  But if they are threatening to walk away because of it, then it's hard not to look at that as a bit ridiculous.

33 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Don’t let us stop you. 

You also need to take a hard look at the amount of World Class players we still have at the club. 

It really does show how different people can view the world.  

The only thing keeping me now is the pure football aspect of watching Klopp trying to build a second great team and all the issues around player availability, the player we want wanting to come to us, the budget we have to spend, and then the league starting and seeing how we play and the new players do. 

Were we to be bought up by some State and just signed Bellingham, Caiceado, and anyone else, spunking £300m, that's when I'd be done and I'd walk away.

EDIT - 100% not a dig at anyone elses view on the world.  Just saying where I view things from.

• Upvote 3