You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Happy Birthday Yorkshire Red

Champ

18 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

To cut a very long story, a bit shorter…

I met her for the first time in a bar in Wakefield on August Bank Holiday, 2001. I was very drunk, apparently I told her I was a racing driver. As the smart cookie she is, she saw right through my ruse. 

Next time I met her, I was also drunk. I’d forgotten we’d actually met before. A ridiculous state of affairs given the numerous leagues that existed (still exist) between us in the looks department. 

Eventually we managed to go on a few dates but, according to Adele, she only decided I could be her ‘boyfriend’ on a trip we took to Northumberland on my 30th birthday in 2002.

As with all couples, we’ve had some bumps in the road. We’re still hanging on in there though. 

She’s a strong, independent, creative, hard working, intelligent, spectacularly beautiful, woman who’s been a wonderful mother to our kids. 

I’m very lucky that she gave a drunken idiot the first of many second chances all those years ago. 

She's not going to shag you, mate.