You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Forest (A) Premier League - 22/10/22 - 12:30

Bjornebye

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

I can't believe how bad that was. They were obviously parking the bus but we should've had better answers to it than that. Crazy end though. Ali playing up front, them hitting the post with an open goal then Cooper looking like he didn't give a shit after the whistle.

I'd have actually felt bad for their fans if we'd have scored at the end there too. I suppose this season looks more like trying to qualify for the CL now than having any hope of catching the top.

I would have been ecstatic .  Spent 90 minutes listening to Bellend Beglin bigging the cunts up for making a noise. 

• Upvote 1

I'd make Gomez get a taxi home after that brain fart (another one) honestly fuming with that shite today FSG need to crack open the cheque book or PayPal or whatever they use nowadays and spend big in January if not then come out and tell us what their plan is moving forward because balancing the books FFP shit they spout year after year isn't good enough and if that's the way they want to go then Liverpool Football Club isn't for them we need more, we need to spend money year on year to compete without Klopp this club would be in dire straights.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'd have actually felt bad for their fans if we'd have scored at the end there too. 

Shut the fuck up you soft twat. They were singing always the victims and sign on songs. Feel sorry for them. Fuck. Right. Off.

• Upvote 6

Poor today. I dont get how a pro player can miss a game due to an ear infection and the decision not to play him taken at 5:15am!? Fucking bizarre that one. What happened to Jurgen's play through the pain?

Darwin, the intensity of the west ham game was still affecting him? What's that all about, FFS?

But, overall, missing Darwin, Jota, Diaz and a fit Trent to name a few doesnt help.

Im actually amazed, well, no Im not, that yet again, we picked up the first yellow in this game despite that big forest lump kicking shite out of our players. Normally, you see the ref pointing going 'one foul there, another there, 3rd you're in the book.' But no, the ref sees fit to give Joe a yellow for tangling 6 of one, half a dozen with the forest player in the 2nd half.

Far too many players off it today. Mo did nothing and miskicked another glorious opportunity. Fabinho, I like the lad, I really do but he turned in another shocker today. Elliot and Cavarlho worked hard but didnt produce. Bobby was annonymous and our record there is very, very poor.

Got to feel for young Curtis, so much is expected of him and I personally dont think it helps when Jurgen calls him an exceptional talent. I dont think he is but I guess the injuries meant Jurgen was forced into starting him today?

Their cunt keeper saved everything when we did manage to fashion a chance. Virgil should have done a lot better with the 2 chances he had. I dont know if he meant to head the first back across goal or just totally misplaced it? The second late in the 2nd half was just too close to the keeper. Trent was unlucky with a header that their keeper blocked.

Hate losing to these despite the mild love in earlier. They say it's better to win one, lose one but this is a bitter one to swallow or watch.

Fire the people responsible for all aspects of fitness of these players. This is a fucking joke of a situation with these injuries. I am not surprised at all we lost that - was obvious to anyone with half a brain and not totally deluded that we would not win with that starting lineup. 

There's a good reason Gomez is 4th choice centre-back. Milner put in a shift but again, why are we relying on a 36 year old midfielder to play at right back? Jones is nowhere near good enough for a team with our aspirations, he's Championship material at best. Fabinho has been dog shit all season and is only playing because we have no one else.

Another reminder of the utter stupidity of STILL not getting in a replacement for Wijnaldum. That rests with these cheapskate twat owners who would rather rely on crocks like Ox, Keita, Thiago and now Melo.

What’s next?

Jones should be relegated to the Women’s reserve team (Under 15’s) and never start a PL game again.  

Get the armband off Henderson and give it someone who LEADS with drive and ambition. 

Ox - fuck off. My Arsenal mates laughed out loud when we paid for that waste of space and still laugh to this day. 

Midfield needs a total rebuild. Ship them all out except the kids and perhaps Fab and Thiago (if the latter stops crying off and being a luxury player).

Sort out the back room and medics. Fucking ridiculous the amount of injuries we have consistently. 

10 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Ryan Yates "If we can beat Liverpool we can beat anyone"

Are you sure mate? Did you see the state of the arseholes you just played? 

I suspect they'll definitely go down now. 

They'll never get as many chances to score with so little possession ever again.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Shut the fuck up you soft twat. They were singing always the victims and sign on songs. Feel sorry for them. Fuck. Right. Off.

Well I'd obviously not have felt sorry for those idiots, I'm sure it wasn't all of them signing that shit though.

13 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Forest signed 19 first team players in the summer, that should be our starting point.

No. We should sign only one (or two at the most) high quality players that will improve our first eleven. We should try to do this each window.

4 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Curtis will never ever make it here.

I despair now when I see him in the team. And it's compounded when there are other sub-standard players in the team too.

On 20/10/2022 at 08:37, Trumo said:

I suspect this is where we use our green away kit. The white 'petrol spillage' one has carried some bad ju-ju thus far. Whatever, it's not about the kit we were, it's about having the right attitude and application to grab the 3 points. We know we can. Let's show we can.

I said it, and it's true. I think we've used it 5-6 times since debuting it in pre-season, and we've lost every time.

This was a dreadful throwback to all those games at the fag-ends of our previous managers' reigns, where we are extremely laboured and unable to handle an opponent whose sole tactic is to find the big grock up top and win every second ball. Not that Forest were especially alehouse, but they were definitely more up for it than we were. It's like we are completely surprised by everything our opponents do.

Very few of our players come out with any credit here. Ali was excellent and did more than his fair share again. Virg, Milly and Robbo were ordinary, but OK. Curtis was there to keep the ball moving, and he did that. Harvey was the pick of our outfield players for me, and looked like he wanted to make something happen. The rest? Deary me.

Big Joe had given the ball away sloppily a few times in the first half, and it was his sloppiness in the second that led to the free kick from which Awoniyi scored. What was more worrying was that Joe appeared to look mentally shot after that. He was hesitant and positionally questionable. Napoli away all over again. Fab is getting outmuscled by everybody these days, as if he's physically unable to cope with the pace of the game now. Fabio was, one early half-chance aside, very peripheral. Bobby never got going. Mo hadn't been involved much, but then went down having felt something in his lower back, and thereafter had the mobility of a fencepost.

And yet, the delivery from set pieces and from out wide was very good today. We just made nothing of it, and/or the Forest keeper saved anything that reached him.

You want to know the most damning thing about today? We made Serge Aurier look semi-competent.

With everyone dropping like flies, where the fuck do we go from here?

Completely undone all the good work of last week against City. No point playing like that against the best team in the league if you're going to play like that against the worst. Even with all the players missing there was no excuse for an absolute shit show like that. This was a team who conceded 4 against Leicester and 3 against Bournemouth and Fulham, and we couldn't score 1 against them - even with them seemingly begging us to every single time we got a set piece.

Van Dijk should have scored at the end, and that first half chance where he chose to head it across goal with a completely free header in the box has got to be one of the biggest wtf moments I've ever seen in football. Mo just a complete nonentity again. Gomez having his usual dozy moment that gave them the freekick that led to the goal. Fabinho utter garbage again. Alisson and Milner were fine. The rest of the senior players out there today need to take a long hard look at themselves after the way they played today.

Silly me for thinking we were turning this season around. A nice run of fixtures before the world cup to put a run of wins together and then the world cup gave us an opportunity to regroup for the rest of the season. And then they go and give a performance that was as bad as anything we've seen in the past 30 years. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Fallen Angel said:

What’s next?

Jones should be relegated to the Women’s reserve team (Under 15’s) and never start a PL game again.  

Get the armband off Henderson and give it someone who LEADS with drive and ambition. 

Ox - fuck off. My Arsenal mates laughed out loud when we paid for that waste of space and still laugh to this day. 

Midfield needs a total rebuild. Ship them all out except the kids and perhaps Fab and Thiago (if the latter stops crying off and being a luxury player).

Sort out the back room and medics. Fucking ridiculous the amount of injuries we have consistently. 

Fabinho is finished. I've seen glaciers move faster than him.  Thiago is the only one I'd keep and he'd be rotational player because of his fitness record.  We need 3-4 new midfielders

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stringvest said:

you've no idea what it is and how badly it's affecting him.  If he can't balance, he can't play.  He's braver on the pitch than anyone else we have bar Milner.  

It’s good that you’ve seen the full medical report anyway. For me, our physios/doctors seem damagingly risk averse these day.

We needed him badly today, probably more than for the Ajax game given how depleted we were.

Nobody doubts his quality, but his consistent unavailability is a huge problem that should clearly have been infinitely better addressed than by the Arthur fiasco. 

2 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

What’s next?

Ox and Jones offer fuck all. Gomez cannot be trusted. Grim today. Back to the old ways of turning up for the big games and shit for the dross. 

6 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Disappointing, but I'm too old to be that arsed. I've got to the stage where I can switch over and forget about it. I'm certainly not going to let it spoil my enjoyment of the lovely rioja I've bought to have with dinner tonight.

That's one winning Red at least.

• Upvote 1