You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This New Chelsea Owner

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I know they spent over the summer but I reckon he'll be a shocking owner for them. Those comments are clueless

His comments on business structure were telling, basically saying he's a big fan of credit and 'as long as the business is worth more than your attachment point You're going to be ok', if you get your money back and you get your rate of return, or even in a bad situation you get 85 cents on the dollar that's not a horrible outcome'.

If he has smart people around him he’ll soon shut the fuck up and let others get on with it. Our owners also wanted to get changes if I remember correctly it took them a while before they realised football isn’t the same as their sports franchises. I suspect this guy will do the same. 

of course, I hope he doesn’t and they disappear into obscurity.

When you have an owner who sakcs a manager like Tuchel 6 games into the season, we all know what's going tio happen next. There'll be no patience. no 3-4 years to build a winning team, but plenty of new managers the next couple of years.

Luckily for us it's a recipy doomed do fail.

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Jürgen responding as every football fan should to the idea of an all-star game.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/liverpool-klopp-responds-to-chelsea-owner-boehly-completely/blt44edfd184ecd91a9

It's funny to see the Chelsea owner being so utterly clueless. North against South? Really? Got to admit he's putting a smile on my face that Boehly lad.

And great idea from Kloppo to bring in the Harlem Globetrotters as well. Wonder what team Tiger Woods' going to play for, North or South?

Actually none of this stuff, none oif this hubris, is exclusively American. When that egomaniac John Hall was in charge of Newcastle, and they briefly reached the upper echelons of the league, he immediately started explaining his plans for a revised Premier League, a new European Super League and god knows what else, all, of course, led by N'Cazzle. He just acted as if he was the undisputed master of all he surveyed. 

And to be fair I can't say I'm surprised that Chelsea's new mob dumped Tuchel - I mean, he's not exactly stable at the best of times, is he? 

I don't know why Boehly is so concerned about 'The Pyramid' - you would have thought he'd be focused on his own club - but if it keeps him distracted then it's all good for us. Long may it continue.

1 hour ago, Furmedge said:

Don't see Potter lasting beyond the end of the season with these types of owners.  Shame, as I think he's a great manager who deserved a shot with a bigger club, but Chelsea ain't it.

He's already copying Abramovich, except he doesn't have Abramovich's resources. There's a difference between being worth billions and having billions. 

I like Klopp’s response to the All Star idea yesterday - he could barely hide what a stupid fucking idea he thought it was.

The best of the Premiership v best of La Liga or something might be interesting, as Klopp said, there is simply no time to play all the games.

If they want to cram a pointless game like this in, something meaningful (League Cup, smaller leagues) needs to make way for it.

Why do Americans always say “The Premiership can take X, Y & Z from

American Sports?”. Why is it never American sports taking anything from the Premiership?

From going to a couple of Baseball & Basketball matches, American sport could seriously be schooled on how to create an atmosphere.

• Upvote 1