You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This New Chelsea Owner

Bjornebye

40 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

I know it’s now forbidden, but this 8 years contract stunt with spreading the cost over an 8 year period is in itself destructive.

In 2030, probably long after Caicedo stopped playing for them, they’d have to deduct around 15M from their transfer budget because of that transfer back in 2023. We have a saying where I live ”pissing in your pants to keep warm”. That’s exactly what they’re doing.

It’s not impossible, I’d even say probable, Chelsea won’t be a PL team 5 years from now.

And for the rest of the league it creates inflation in the transfer market, where clubs are expecting fucking mental money because Chelsea reinvented the rules. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

And for the rest of the league it creates inflation in the transfer market, where clubs are expecting fucking mental money because Chelsea reinvented the rules. 

Absolutely right.

The positive is that the more the pay the deeper they dig their own grave.

Makes me wonder if we actually did compete for Caicedo or we just had  bit of fun with Boehly.

39 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Absolutely right.

The positive is that the more the pay the deeper they dig their own grave.

Makes me wonder if we actually did compete for Caicedo or we just had  bit of fun with Boehly.

i never took our bid seriously. the lad didn't want to come here. we knew that when we bid. brighton knew that when we bid, but accepted our bid anyway. brighton claimed they ran an auction, but allowed chelsea as long as they needed to raise a bid which they'd already lost because the auction was over. the whole thing was a pantomime and ultimately it made chelsea go from 80m to almost 120m in a week and made a load of our fans think we were willing to pay 111m for a player who was never coming here. 

• 1 month later...