You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This New Chelsea Owner

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Boehly may be an arrogant twat but with the growing number of American owners in the league, I would not rule out ANYTHING.

We are already sneaking drinks breaks and extended VAR reviews that can allow sneaky adverts to be slotted in. Are we getting 15 minute half times or are they creeping closer to 20 now?

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You dont think that the lack of urgency with VAR reviews isnt being used to sneak adverts in on US telly? Wont be long before they try to use that here too.

I'm sure they do over there, I thought you meant here. It won't surprise me. "Todays VAR brought to you by Sunlife Funeral Cover" 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, col06 said:

That bit about giving money to the football pyramid sounds a bit suspicious when have the premier league owners ever given a toss about the lower league clubs doubt they would start bothering now unless there's something in it for them 

It's probably so the PL doesn't have to give to the pyramid. He's under pressure to increase Chelsea revenues. 

Wonder what the reaction would be if Boehly had said this?

5CAB7885-3E9B-4A7F-9787-258027B988A0.png

I actually agree with this. I thought Project Big Picture had some reasonable ideas for reducing games (league games, drop the League Cup & Charity Shield etc).

The flip side would unfortunately be the schedule filled with a 6 team Charity Shield tournament held in Qatar, an All Star game and more international breaks.

6 hours ago, col06 said:

That bit about giving money to the football pyramid sounds a bit suspicious when have the premier league owners ever given a toss about the lower league clubs doubt they would start bothering now unless there's something in it for them 

It'd not often I agree with dion Dublin but he was saying what's stopping the money soaked premier league letting money drip down anyway?

Why do they need some pointless friendly?

SEP 15, 2022

Boehly

Chelsea FC will be renamed the ‘London Cowboys’ from the 2023/2024 season, ending 118 years of the original name. The rebranding is one of numerous forthcoming changes influenced by US sports.

Cowboys

boehly-interview-min-150x150.jpeg

“Fans will love the new name,” Todd Boehly told Soccer on Sunday. “Every time Aubama…Auyanga….every time our offense scores a 1 pointer, all the Cowboy fans in the Boehly Bowl will go nuts. That reminds me, the stadium is also being renamed.”

“These changes are only the start,” said the billionaire businessman. “Long-term I see the Cowboys franchise relocating to Boston or New York. I’m sure our wonderful fans won’t mind taking a long-haul flight to every home game. Probably we’ll throw in 10% off any pretzel at the Boehly Bowl for those who make the trip.”

“Could someone send in Harry Potter please?” he added. “I’ve a hankering to sack someone.

https://socceronsunday.com/article/chelsea-to-be-renamed-the-london-cowboys-announces-boehly/

7 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

He’s no Graham Rix or Eddie Heath, some proper

Chelsea sex offenders them. Rix even kept his job didn’t he?

The best chant I’ve ever heard of was when Graham Rix was outed and they didn’t sack him. The opposition fans sang “and if you tolerate Rix, then your children will be next” 

• Upvote 2

• 9 months later...

Not sure this is going too well in truth, considering they have spent north of 800B and have all their players on weird eight year contracts...

Goalkeepers

Kepa
 ̶M̶e̶n̶d̶y̶

Defenders

Thiago Silva - Old
Wesley Fofana - Decent
 ̶K̶a̶l̶i̶d̶o̶u̶ ̶K̶o̶u̶l̶i̶b̶a̶l̶y̶
 ̶A̶z̶p̶i̶l̶i̶c̶u̶e̶t̶a̶
Reece James - Decent
Ben Chilwell - Decent, but not great.
Marc Curucella - Poor signing.
Trevor Chalobah - Looks like Bambi in the headlights at times.
Badiashile - No idea, seemed to be playing regularly.

Midfielders

̶N̶'̶g̶o̶l̶o̶ ̶K̶a̶n̶t̶e̶
Enzo Fernandez - Jury out
 ̶R̶u̶b̶e̶n̶ ̶L̶o̶f̶t̶u̶s̶ ̶C̶h̶e̶e̶k̶
Conor Gallagher - Shite
 ̶M̶a̶t̶e̶o̶ ̶K̶o̶v̶a̶c̶i̶c̶
 ̶D̶e̶n̶i̶s̶ ̶Z̶a̶k̶a̶r̶i̶a̶
Carney Chukuemeka - Looks promising
Lewis Hall - Be at Sunderland within two years.
 ̶M̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶M̶o̶u̶n̶t̶

Strikers

̶A̶u̶b̶a̶m̶e̶y̶a̶n̶g̶ - Going, surely.
 ̶C̶h̶r̶i̶s̶t̶i̶a̶n̶ ̶P̶u̶l̶i̶s̶i̶c̶ - Gone Soon

Hakim Ziyech - Bust Knee
 ̶J̶o̶a̶o̶ ̶F̶e̶l̶i̶x̶
 ̶K̶a̶i̶ ̶H̶a̶v̶e̶r̶t̶z̶
 ̶D̶a̶v̶i̶d̶ ̶F̶o̶f̶a̶n̶a̶ - Going on loan
Raheem Sterling - Been quite poor
Mudryk - Looks useless
Broja - Meh
Noni Madueke - Looked decent, but raw
R̶o̶m̶e̶l̶u̶ ̶L̶u̶k̶a̶k̶u̶ - Doesn't want to be there and will be shunted out as soon cash is offered
 ̶C̶a̶l̶u̶m̶ ̶H̶u̶d̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶O̶d̶o̶i̶ ̶- Sold or loan, surely.

Nickolas Jackson - No idea

Christopher Nkunku - Looks promising.

How the fuck can you spend that much and not have a midfield, a solid back four, a keeper better than avarage or a striker guarenteed to get you 20 a season. 

Madness.

I think they'll struggle again this year as their scattergun approch has built a weird squad.

• Upvote 1