You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Mon 22nd Aug 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

6 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

I thought they were boycotting this game or are they putting Norwich scarves away now Glazers spending money even though they spent more than the oil cheats 

Wait, you're not suggesting that their angry fans are fickle cunts whose vitriol is easily pacified at the hint of a shiny, overly expensive new toy coming in are you?

Shame on you.

1 hour ago, niallers said:

Unfortunately we're under as much pressure,different pressures albeit,  as they are to get a result. 

It's ridiculous that we have to be under such pressure in fucking August, but given that we're up against the cheating cunts, that's the new reality. 

And as we're going behind in every fucking game to different types of goals, it would be nice to get ahead here and relax.  Go behind again, and we'll be in a world of hurt. 

Don't care how we play, just fucking win by any means necessary. 

Mo and Virgil. 0-2 please and thanks. 

Yeah 90 plus points is not normal - but it has become the normal now and you can bet your life it will be required again this season.

The room for error is so small now and of course fact we have done 4 out of what i reckon will be 20 max we had to play with puts us under it (ridiculously) already.

About 16 pts left to play with in 36 games IMO.

Madness.

Can't help but be concerned about this game.  Yes they are a mediocre team in poor form but if ever there was a game for them to kick start their season it is against us.  Likewsie could be said of us tbf though.  I'm just worried we'll dominate, they'll stick 9 men behind the ball and look to hit us on the break.  ball in behind trent and out lazy arse defending of late will just let their forwards run in on goal.

3 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Can't help but be concerned about this game.  Yes they are a mediocre team in poor form but if ever there was a game for them to kick start their season it is against us.  Likewsie could be said of us tbf though.  I'm just worried we'll dominate, they'll stick 9 men behind the ball and look to hit us on the break.  ball in behind trent and out lazy arse defending of late will just let their forwards run in on goal.

This

Liverpool

11 shots

3 on target 

0 goal

Utd

2 shots

1 on target 

1 goal

28 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Monday?? Again?!

Has there ever been a team to get two Mondays in a row, much less two of the first three games in a season?

This must be what it feels like when the powers that be are out to get you.

Not just 2 mondays in the first 3 games but the awful early saturday kick off as well

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, niallers said:

Unfortunately we're under as much pressure,different pressures albeit,  as they are to get a result. 

It's ridiculous that we have to be under such pressure in fucking August, but given that we're up against the cheating cunts, that's the new reality. 

And as we're going behind in every fucking game to different types of goals, it would be nice to get ahead here and relax.  Go behind again, and we'll be in a world of hurt. 

Don't care how we play, just fucking win by any means necessary. 

Mo and Virgil. 0-2 please and thanks. 

No, we’re not. We could finish 6th and I’d still not feel worried about us. They are fucked and we are in phase two…Klopp is at the wheel. He’s rebuilding us and I feel fine.

13 hours ago, an tha said:

Yeah 90 plus points is not normal - but it has become the normal now and you can bet your life it will be required again this season.

The room for error is so small now and of course fact we have done 4 out of what i reckon will be 20 max we had to play with puts us under it (ridiculously) already.

About 16 pts left to play with in 36 games IMO.

Madness.

Yeah it's crazy, and we might go to Old Trafford 7 points behind Man City. 

But we've only got ourselves to blame by taking 2 points from Fulham and Palace, unfortunately. 

12 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Yeah it's crazy, and we might go to Old Trafford 7 points behind Man City. 

But we've only got ourselves to blame by taking 2 points from Fulham and Palace, unfortunately. 

Absolutely - and it is this mad new normal that makes those results so gutting.

Instead of shrug of the shoulders and a 'its dead early plenty of time to put it right' which would have been case in years gone by it is 'oh fuck there goes a massive chunk of a tiny nit of leeway in just first two games'....

It is to me anyway really draining.

All those titles the mancs won for example in the 90's and 00's they never had to be at the level we are being asked to be at every fucking week now....they have titles where they lost 6/7 times and got less than 80 pts.....as we do too of course - 1990 we won it with just 79...10 draws 5 losses.

In 97 the mancs won it with 75...12 draws and 5 losses....that is virtually half their games they failed to win, but still won title.

So draws and losses that were once no problem are now seen as a disaster - it is really shite, but that is where we are.

• Upvote 4

Only way United get anything against us is if they flood the midfield and hit us with pace on the break.  This would mean McTominay and Fred not being shit and Rashford and Sancho remembering they’re footballers. I’m quietly confident. Hopefully they start Erikson, Bruno and Ronaldo and we annihilate them.