You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Members sale 22/23, the beginning of the end for those who cant attend every game

Code

I had heard rumours about this, but thought it was too absurd to really think it would ever happen.

But here we are, what the fuck has happened here? Who in their right mind thought this was a good way of doing the members sale when it comes to future credits. 

Fuck you Liverpool FC. 

CA9B06D1-FCF8-4497-B2F2-BA7BA7022E3F.jpeg

It's seems a bit harsh but I don't really have a problem with it, It should discourage people from buying tickets just for the credits but have no intention of going.

The bit I don't agree with is ST holders keeping their credits for games they don't attend while members don't, but it doesn't  surprise me as the members always play second fiddle to the ST's regardless of the competition.

Been a loyal member since the introdction of membership sales, had enough credits to buy on the first day of the sale every season. 

But I cant really attend 13-14 games every season, I average 8-10 I think, and I need to shift some tickets to mates, especially midweek games. 

This will be the end of face value tickets for thousand of fans, now its up to the touts and their bags of phones. 

6 minutes ago, Code said:

Been a loyal member since the introdction of membership sales, had enough credits to buy on the first day of the sale every season. 

But I cant really attend 13-14 games every season, I average 8-10 I think, and I need to shift some tickets to mates, especially midweek games. 

This will be the end of face value tickets for thousand of fans, now its up to the touts and their bags of phones. 

Doesnt it work well for your mates though? Now they get to build up some credits themselves. 

6 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Doesnt it work well for your mates though? Now they get to build up some credits themselves. 

Eh no, now they dont get tickets at all, unless they want to pay a tout £200 for the pleasure.

Ahead of the 2022-23 season, Liverpool FC is making changes to the way in which members accrue credits when purchasing and transferring tickets.

Using data from the 2021-22 season, the club has reviewed its membership credit scheme and is implementing these changes in order to make the usage and process fairer and more transparent.

During the 2021-22 season, on average 53 per cent of Official Member tickets available were transferred every game. Approximately 81 per cent of tickets purchased in late availability sales, including local members sales, and £9 local general sales tickets were transferred every game.

These changes have been agreed in consultation with the club’s ticketing forum and are outlined in the chart that can be downloaded here.
——

Ah so they have had consultations with the club’s ticketing forum, who the fuck is sitting in this forum, and how many of them have member cards?

Simple solution.

Buy a spare phone that share with mates/family and have the ticket thing on that and whoever goes just takes that phone.

As far as club are concerned ticket won't have been 'distributed' and will have been used by purchaser.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

Simple solution.

By a spare phone that share with mates/family and have the ticket thing on that and whoever goes just takes that phone.

As far as club are concerned ticket won't have been 'distributed' and will have been used by purchaser.

Yes this is the solution the touts use. 

Just fucked up really, I had this in mind when they wanted Photo Id a few years back.

No fuckin way have they deleted those photos. 

The way they sell tickets is fucking shite too.

These bulk sales.

How the fuck can you apply for a game that is played in December in July when you have no idea when it’s going to be actually played you  know 90% of our games get moved for tv...

So in July when asked to biy you see for example Arsenal at home on Sat Dec 15th at 3pm and lo and behold at some time after you buy ticket it gets moved to Mon 17th Dec at 8pm....

It's bollocks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

This same sort of thing effectively stopped me and my mate being able to go to the match together a few years ago.

he had full members credits then missed out on tickets for one match when suddenly credits didn’t count for anything and it was a free for all, and he was teaching so couldn’t be online when the sale opened.

that was enough. Missing one match meant the next year he missed out on a bunch more and then suddenly he was at the back of the queue with everyone else and he stopped going.

1 hour ago, Code said:

Eh no, now they dont get tickets at all, unless they want to pay a tout £200 for the pleasure.

I'm not sure what I'm missing here, but it's my understanding that everything will work the same, except if you pass your ticket on to a mate they will get the credit instead of you. Isn't that reasonable? Where do the touts come in to this? 

Apologies if I'm being thick, but I go to a handful of games a season, usually through a mate passing a ticket on to me so from what I can tell its a good thing for me. 

20 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I'm not sure what I'm missing here, but it's my understanding that everything will work the same, except if you pass your ticket on to a mate they will get the credit instead of you. Isn't that reasonable? Where do the touts come in to this? 

Apologies if I'm being thick, but I go to a handful of games a season, usually through a mate passing a ticket on to me so from what I can tell its a good thing for me. 

Not necessarily...lets say for example your mate has 6 credits and is on the ladder as a result of that - he makes all the sales where it is 4+ and next season buys for 6 games.

If he gave you 3 of the 6 he gets this season you are both then on 3 and neither of you qualify for those 4+ sales next season....

Or if he has 13+ and qualifies for every game - and he buys 13 over season and gives you 3...he drops to 10 and no longer makes the 13+ sales meaning he is less likely to be able to give you tickets next season.

I got my membership back for this season after bagging a better, more flexible job in 2021.

I've entered my interest for the Leeds and Southampton games but I'm not expecting much to be fair. Before that, I had the fan-card and then the membership. The main reason I fucked it off was getting stiffed on Real Madrid tickets in 2014 for the CL (Probably a blessing in hindsight). Had the credits for the Ludogorets game due to going to the 2012-13 UEFA Cup matches yet the tickets for Madrid sold out. Ignorant fuckers at the club would never reply to emails and wouldn't give me a straight answer on the phone after being on hold for an hour.

I'll stay on the ST Waiting List as I'm at around 10K on that, but this Members Sale is total dogshit. Go back to tickets being released 6 weeks before the game, like they used to do.

Big winners in this will be touts and those so called legit sports travel agencies.  All ready robbing bastards but can see prices rocketing the season after next . 

Surely the club are aware of the burner phone thing ? Wonder do they have any strategy for that? 

I don’t see the problem. You get the credits for games you attend, you don’t for games you don’t. 

I bet some of this is in relation to season ticket holders complaining (rightly IMO) about members getting tickets for finals despite being to less games. 

Season ticket holders could be next and then looking at away credits. 

I’ve benefited as much as anybody down the years from the system, it fundamentally needs to change though.

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t see the problem. You get the credits for games you attend, you don’t for games you don’t. 

I bet some of this is in relation to season ticket holders complaining (rightly IMO) about members getting tickets for finals despite being to less games. 

Season ticket holders could be next and then looking at away credits. 

I’ve benefited as much as anybody down the years from the system, it fundamentally needs to change though.

League games do not qualify anyone for finals. 

10 hours ago, Code said:

Ahead of the 2022-23 season, Liverpool FC is making changes to the way in which members accrue credits when purchasing and transferring tickets.

Using data from the 2021-22 season, the club has reviewed its membership credit scheme and is implementing these changes in order to make the usage and process fairer and more transparent.

During the 2021-22 season, on average 53 per cent of Official Member tickets available were transferred every game. Approximately 81 per cent of tickets purchased in late availability sales, including local members sales, and £9 local general sales tickets were transferred every game.

These changes have been agreed in consultation with the club’s ticketing forum and are outlined in the chart that can be downloaded here.
——

Ah so they have had consultations with the club’s ticketing forum, who the fuck is sitting in this forum, and how many of them have member cards?

You know something is going wrong when over 50% of Member tickets are getting transferred every game.

81% of late sales transferred is absolutely taking the piss - it’s not like people know they can’t make the match if it is a late sale, so presumably that is all for either credit hoarding or touting business.

Not really sure this is the best way to go about it though.
Presumably only photo ID would really do the trick of stopping touting.

31 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

You know something is going wrong when over 50% of Member tickets are getting transferred every game.

81% of late sales transferred is absolutely taking the piss - it’s not like people know they can’t make the match if it is a late sale, so presumably that is all for either credit hoarding or touting business.

Not really sure this is the best way to go about it though.
Presumably only photo ID would really do the trick of stopping touting.

A covid season, when the club said games bought would not change your credits, might not be the best indicator.

The system is heaven for touts though, but so is season tickets.

What I really dont understand though is that you lose credit if you buy a ticket, but then cant attend the game, is that even allowed? You have still bought the ticket. 

Just now, Code said:

A covid season, when the club said games bought would not change your credits, might not be the best indicator.

The system is heaven for touts though, but so is season tickets.

What I really dont understand though is that you lose credit if you buy a ticket, but then cant attend the game, is that even allowed? You have still bought the ticket. 

Presumably the credit system is just all down to the club so they can do what they like.

They could have no credits and every ticket available for general sale a week before kick off if they wanted. 

They will just be trying to balance how to get the most money as soon as possible while keeping the fans just about on side.