You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's because he played for us and he was clearly fucking phenomenal, a behemoth of a player vastly underrated by everybody in this country. If it weren't for him I genuinely believe we'd be like Everton now.

And because we are the biggest most important club in this country and they know it it’s why they always hated Gerrard because he carried us when we are we’re really shite and should have sunk to Everton levels of mediocrity 

34 minutes ago, niallers said:

Is it me or are more and more teams reverting to a more deliberate counter attacking approach? City and ourselves are basically the outliers. Spurs are a much better team than forest but are still employing the tactics they use against us and City. 

Would make sense as a lot of teams started to be employ press/counter press ideas.

If you can break through the lines quickly you’ll catch people out of position or on the back foot.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's because he played for us and he was clearly fucking phenomenal, a behemoth of a player vastly underrated by everybody in this country. If it weren't for him I genuinely believe we'd be like Everton now.

I feel its probally more he never really delivered for England 

Owen played for us and never got that amount of stick

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I think Gerrard did fine for England. It was those around him other than Rooney who didn't. 

8 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

He was never treated how he should of been for England which was the man the entire team should of been built around.  Not played on the left or moved around to accommodate inferior players. It blows my mind Lampard is compared to him Gerrard was better on every single level and not by a small margin. Lampards strength was he was surrounded by players considered bigger threats than him, Gerrard was always the biggest threat until Torres its no surprise Gerrards goal threat was greater when Torres was around. He was a fucking unbelievable footballer.

28 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think Gerrard did fine for England. It was those around him other than Rooney who didn't. 

He's isn't really seen in the same light though as Beckham say?despite being a far superior player.

Personally I couldn't give a flying fuck about those mongs but I suspect that's where it comes from.

Barnes used to get pillored all the time,most notably by the likes of villa,ironically,a particularly thick group of fans,even for this country