You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Tue 19th Apr 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Fuck him and the Joe Bloggs jeans he rode in on. I have no time for Manc contrition. Let them be damned to their Legoland hellscape for all eternity. 

I completely disagree with this as somebody who stood on the Kop in the 80s listening to many Liverpool fans racially abuse the likes of Garth Crooks,Cyrille Regis et al and then suddenly find contrition once we signed John Barnes. Likewise our singing of the 'Munich' songs at Man U games for many years before Hillsborough.Nobody has the high moral ground here.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

I was in absolute tears at the pied piper rodent rant. The two lads doing charades was also really funny.

We've got a bubonic plague at Man United, for fuck sake. Harry Maguire is the king fucking rat, he's Splinter for fuck sake, look at him, he's a six foot fucking rat.

19 hours ago, CapeRed said:

That pic was from we played united at Anfield. For quite a few games after that I remember the Kop singing "get your darts out Annie road" whenever opposition fans started chanting. Those days were scary crazy at times on away trips.

Glad to see the back of those days. If you remember Brucie used to get all excited watching it kick off in the Anny road.

14 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Fuck him and the Joe Bloggs jeans he rode in on. I have no time for Manc contrition. Let them be damned to their Legoland hellscape for all eternity. 

That's awesome. Exquisite imagery. Top marks. 

I spoke to a director of a company work with yesterday, late 50's guy, West Ham fan and he is never anything but complimentary and in awe of us the last few years, he was gushing over the game the other day saying it was the best neutral game he's watched and couldn't believe all the focus after the game was on how bad Utd were.

2 minutes ago, John102 said:

I'm going to call it now, these reactions, from people with no connection to the city and sitting alone in their bedrooms, aren't genuine and are for subs....

More than likely but they're still fucking hilarious to watch as an outsider. 

6 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Glad to see the back of those days. If you remember Brucie used to get all excited watching it kick off in the Anny road.

Yeah treated like shit by the bizzies and dodging all kinds of shit thrown at you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John102 said:

I'm going to call it now, these reactions, from people with no connection to the city and sitting alone in their bedrooms, aren't genuine and are for subs....

I don't mind Goldbridge to be fair, he's quite funny, especially when they're shite. Some of those others though, that girl is painful to listen to.

I agree though, it's all for views and subs, Arsenal fan TV is the benchmark, it's predominantly other fans, nobody watches it when they win a game.

16 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I completely disagree with this as somebody who stood on the Kop in the 80s listening to many Liverpool fans racially abuse the likes of Garth Crooks,Cyrille Regis et al and then suddenly find contrition once we signed John Barnes. Likewise our singing of the 'Munich' songs at Man U games for many years before Hillsborough.Nobody has the high moral ground here.

Liverpool supporters were throwing bananas at John Barnes after he'd signed for us.

16 hours ago, Mook said:

Liverpool supporters were throwing bananas at John Barnes after he'd signed for us.

? Evertonians you mean? I also believe that it became a running joke with Barnes himself so people would bring inflatable bananas too. This was largely in jest,although I don't doubt for one minute there still weren't racists among our support.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

? Evertonians you mean? I also believe that it became a running joke with Barnes himself so people would bring inflatable bananas too. This was largely in jest,although I don't doubt for one minute there still weren't racists among our support.

Was it City fans in the early Nineties who used to carry inflatable bananas everywhere? Unless I misread it at the time, that was nothing to do with banana-chucking racism and more about the fact that bananas are, inherently, the funniest fruit.