You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Male Solo Artist - Round 1 - George Michael vs Bruce Springsteen

Bjornebye

Greatest Male Solo Artist - Round 1 - George Michael vs Bruce Springsteen  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Male Solo Artist - Round 1 - George Michael vs Bruce Springsteen

• George Michael
    • Bruce Springsteen

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/20 at 15:04

3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

George Michael, much like Bruce Springsteen, is very talented

Did he write songs or play any type of instrument? I suppose that doesn't count though as there's plenty that couldn't and they just sang songs written for them so maybe I'm wrong in that as male artists go, I just find it a bit odd that's all. 

Last Xmas, Careless Whispers good grief, surely no one would actually get home and crack a can, roll a spliff maybe and put George Michael on, I refuse to believe that, it's teenage girls sounds. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, easytoslip said:

Did he write songs or play any type of instrument? I suppose that doesn't count though as there's plenty that couldn't and they just sang songs written for them so maybe I'm wrong in that as male artists go, I just find it a bit odd that's all. 

Last Xmas, Careless Whispers good grief, surely no one would actually get home and crack a can, roll a spliff maybe and put George Michael on, I refuse to believe that, it's teenage girls sounds. 

Yes, yes he did write songs, lots of them.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Did George Michael write songs? Teenage girls sounds? Fucking hell. 

On his album Older - which is excellent - he wrote all the songs, played all the instruments, and produced the record. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

Some people showing themselves up on these tournaments. 

Not really, maybe he did write songs a bit, I've never looked at the credits on his albums as I've never or would ever buy one. I've just no time for 80s pop music as it was on the whole dreadful until certain bands appeared in the 90s, if he's your bag we'll that's OK mate, I just find it all a bit odd that's all no big deal. 

1 minute ago, easytoslip said:

Not really, maybe he did write songs a bit, I've never looked at the credits on his albums as I've never or would ever buy one. I've just no time for 80s pop music as it was on the whole dreadful until certain bands appeared in the 90s, if he's your bag we'll that's OK mate, I just find it all a bit odd that's all no big deal. 

Jesus christ, please just stop.

5 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I feel you've never listened to a George Michael album in your life, yet you're giving a critical opinion of his music based on some 80s pop tunes he was involved in? Bit daft. Give his album "Older" a full listen and if you still think he's shite then that's to be respected. 

12 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I feel you've never listened to a George Michael album in your life, yet you're giving a critical opinion of his music based on some 80s pop tunes he was involved in? Bit daft. Give his album "Older" a full listen and if you still think he's shite then that's to be respected. 

Fair comment. I never said he was shite at all, I just wondered were he fits in with all the decent names from though the years that's been put forward, some lad asked me to stop so stop I must. 

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I might be wrong but I've got a feeling that @Sugar Ape is gonna lose his shit when he sees its 17:16 to George. 

I really like George Michael. He was very talented and had a great voice. And seemed like a lovely fella as well. 

Springsteen is another level though. One of the biggest rock stars on the planet and one of the very best live acts. He gets my vote, no problem. 

Born to run - Darkness on the edge of town - The river is an amazing run of records. 

• Upvote 2