You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

There are a plethora of people on Twitter who take this view, and I wasn’t thinking of you on here but if you think applies to you then, well. 

Well I mainly think that because of your subsequent response asking me for links. Funny that...

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

No, implying I wasn't sure what you were referring to. You inferred that for some reason.

Look, if you’d said ‘who is assuming’ I’d have answered.  But you didn’t. You said ‘what assumption’ that means it wasn’t an assumption because the next few words describe the fucking assumption.  

19 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Look, if you’d said ‘who is assuming’ I’d have answered.  But you didn’t. You said ‘what assumption’ that means it wasn’t an assumption because the next few words describe the fucking assumption.  

Apologies I assumed it wasn't a total non sequitur and might have some relevance, not just a vague suggestion that some people on twitter are saying things.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Rowling only took a stand because she's into women's rights because she used to get knocked around didn't she? And I'm pretty sure all she did early doors was retweet a tweet about women being women or something else relatively trivial. 

She then got flamed and had the temerity to fight back with a blog explaining her stance.

People make money out of feuding with her (even when it's one way).

I'm a limited writer who's done some writing and none of it of note, but if I changed my name to Sandra and told the guardian I was withdrawing from the society of authors unless it dropped Rowling, it'd probably make me famous for five minutes. 

That's essentially what the trans Twitter world is. A place where people who're otherwise ignored get the chance to have world famous celebrities cower in fear at their tweets, apologize, even retrospectively edit their books. What a drug that must be, if you're an oddball.

Sorry, accidental neg.

41 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It's almost like she's not been cancelled

Shes too big to be cancelled. That’s what fucking infuriates them.   She could (and is often told to) sit on her pile of money and not get involved but she won’t.  However other people seeing the shit she gets do stay quiet because they can’t afford to.  The price is too high.  

It’s really interesting how Chappelle and Gervais got what, a months shit? And the woman gets continual abuse. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Shes too big to be cancelled. That’s what fucking infuriates them.   She could (and is often told to) sit on her pile of money and not get involved but she won’t.  However other people seeing the shit she gets do stay quiet because they can’t afford to.  The price is too high.  

It’s really interesting how Chappelle and Gervais got what, a months shit? And the woman gets continual abuse. 

It does seem disproportionate. But then, I wonder if a degree of that is down to her being previously heralded as some kind of flag bearer for the LGBTQ community, what with Dumbledore being a bumder and that. You often see it with sci-fi and fantasy stuff - loads of people who felt othered seemed to attach themselves to Harry Potter.

You were the chosen one Anakin

Was chatting to an older lesbian friend the other day - the kind who couldn't care less about wizards - and she absolutely hates her, so do all her mates. The animosity and splits in the LGBTQ community are going to get wider from here on.

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It does seem disproportionate. But then, I wonder if a degree of that is down to her being heralded as some kind of flag bearer for the LGBTQ community, what with Dumbledore being a bumder and that. You often see it with sci-fi and fantasy stuff - loads of people who felt othered seemed to attach themselves to Harry Potter.

You were the chosen one Anakin

Was chatting to an older lesbian friend the other day - the kind who couldn't care less about wizards - and she absolutely hates her, so do all her mates. The animosity and splits in the LGBTQ community are going to get wider from here on.

Like Jamela, you have to conform EXACTLY or you’re vilified.  Thing is the rules change all the time 

Stonewall won’t have any dissent, despite the fact they’ve been shown to completely misrepresent the law and offer terrible advice.  LGB Alliance set up to represent gay and bi people and they are vilified as they don’t want anything to do with the T.  Stonewall and Jo Maugham suing the charity commission to take away their charitable status.  I mean it’s like that old Emo joke now.

8 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Bit mad how happy heterosexual males like Graham Linehan and Rico are totally consumed by transsexuals. 

Oh the old famous TLW ‘things you’re allowed to bother about’ list.  

It’s like you say being totally consumed by Palestine.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

Bit mad how happy heterosexual males like Graham Linehan and Rico are totally consumed by transsexuals. 

The term "transsexual" is transphobic.

https://www.therapyroute.com/article/why-the-term-transition-is-transphobic-by-v-levy

know that you should not call someone transsexual (unless they explicitly state that, that is their identity) because the term transsexual is transphobic

You have been cancelled. Game over. Thanks for playing.

• Upvote 1