You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

There is a middle ground to be found in all the "woke" "cancel culture" shit. Some things just aren't ok to say anymore. Others, far too many people get wanky about. The right are using "woke culture" as a weapon and that pisses me off. can't we just have a society that accepts certain things and doesn't have to come out with racist/anti-semitic/hompophobic shite? 

Jokes are jokes, but there is a line. Where that line is fuck knows. The problem is peoples lines are so far apart that it is a minefield. I suggest decency. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I’ve never watched an episode of Dr Who or the Simpsons. Just thought I’d mention it, never seen any Star Wars movie either although I have watched about 3 episodes of Star Treck, the old ones. 

Hahahahahaha cancel this cunt fucking hell 

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Did you follow my link? The Doctor Who production company are still selling his stuff, with his name and image on it. How does that fact square with your claim that his name and appearance were removed?

Did you listen to him?  The fact you found some stuff with his name on doesn’t mean they’ve taken it off others does it?  Finding a picture of Trotsky doesn’t mean Stalin took him out of others. 

28 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Did you listen to him?  The fact you found some stuff with his name on doesn’t mean they’ve taken it off others does it?  Finding a picture of Trotsky doesn’t mean Stalin took him out of others. 

You said the consequences were "pretty dire". In what way? He's still being paid. He hasn't been erased. His picture was used on some CD covers, but not on others. He claims it's because of his views on trans rights; that's a big claim with no obvious evidence. I'd be inclined to wait and see what Big Finish say before believing that everything he says is true.

5 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You said the consequences were "pretty dire". In what way? He's still being paid. He hasn't been erased. His picture was used on some CD covers, but not on others. He claims it's because of his views on trans rights; that's a big claim with no obvious evidence. I'd be inclined to wait and see what Big Finish say before believing that everything he says is true.

Good point.  Let’s ask them. 

Heres a search on his name from 2018.  

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/948154428074483712?s=46&t=JdFQybAi0rwZm9_Bnjm1VA

15 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Her response. 

Always strikes me that a lot of these folks who moan about their points of view not being accepted, don't like other points of view. Always eager to demean and reduce people to words, terfs and the likes.

It's funny. When you look at people who've genuinely fought battles for acceptance, like a Martin Luther King, they were about dignity and holding your head up, rather than attacking people, demeaning them etc.

Screenshot_20221013-203938_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Always strikes me that a lot of these folks who moan about their points of view not being accepted, don't like other points of view. Always eager to demean and reduce people to words, terfs and the likes.

It's funny. When you look at people who've genuinely fought battles for acceptance, like a Martin Luther King, they were about dignity and holding your head up, rather than attacking people, demeaning them etc.

I can’t think of a more benign view. It shows how fucking mental the argument is. 

Man: I want to live as a woman!

Women: Good for you, hope you’re happy

Man:  That makes me a woman

Women: No, it really doesn’t.  Go for your life, and I’ll support you but for very valid reason’s around safety and fairness we need to have women’s spaces kept separate. 
Man: FUCKING BIGOTS

• Upvote 2

I was born into the wrong body. I feel like someone who should easily be fucking the best looking women in the world.. instead nature made me bang average and I have to live a life that doesn't match how I feel inside. My pronoun should be fanny/slayer but I guess the trans fight is the first step then maybe white people claiming to be black! hopefully shaming and threatening 10 out of 10s to fuck 5s will happen! Hopeful.

Funny things labels, Boris Johnson self identifies as a male, yet I identify him as a fat fucking cunt that should fuck off everytime he fucks off.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'm not that bothered with the subject tbh but Rowling comes across as a bit of a cunt with that tweet imo.

Edit; 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I was born into the wrong body. I feel like someone who should easily be fucking the best looking women in the world.. instead nature made me bang average and I have to live a life that doesn't match how I feel inside. My pronoun should be fanny/slayer but I guess the trans fight is the first step then maybe white people claiming to be black! hopefully shaming and threatening 10 out of 10s to fuck 5s will happen! Hopeful.

Funny things labels, Boris Johnson self identifies as a male, yet I identify him as a fat fucking cunt that should fuck off everytime he fucks off.

The whole wrong body ( and one I didn’t get for a while) is weird.  Do you hear disabled people saying it? I mean they’d really have a point.  

David Davies (the welsh one) using David Ames death as a response to being asked why he agreed to allow sewage to be pumped into Monmouth lakes and rivers was an example of cunts using cancel culture as a tool. 

"Don't have a different opinion to me how dare you" 

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Read Billy Braggs response in my edit above. That's why. 

So, Norton ignores the question about cancel culture.  You can see that in the video and says we must listen to trans people and parents etc.  But doesn’t mention women. In an argument about the conflict between Trans rights and women he doesn’t mention women once. He doesn’t address the rape and violence threats to JKR. 

Bragg promotes that view.  Bragg doesn’t mention women.  Bragg doesn’t acknowledge the legitimacy of JKRs argument.  He’s another bearded man telling women what to do. 

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Read Billy Braggs response in my edit above. That's why, them bits.

Unless I'm misunderstanding it, she's making out that men have trivialised/diminished the rape and death threats people like her have had by saying it's not cancel culture but accountability.

• Upvote 1