You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Round 1. Blackadder vs Only Fools & Horses

Bjornebye

The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Round 1.  

96 members have voted

1. 1. The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Round 1.

17 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Really tough choice. I've gone for OFaH though, as the early years were both funny and tinged with pathos. Grandad had some belting lines.

It's easy to let the latter years of interminable shite make you forget just how good it was.

What do you mean by the latter years? I think it should have ended in 1996 with ‘Time on Our Hands’. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 hours ago, Dave D said:

To be fair its two of the top seeds against each other in the first round.

I agree, surely a case for a wildcard for the loser. 

I never watched Only Fools and Horses though obviously seen bits of it, and though funny at times and David Jason is very good in lots of things, I can't recall really laughing at it, 

Black Adder on the other hand did make me laugh, also it's references to History, so it's Black Adder for me, 

Then again I find lots of things funny but don't laugh, well not out loud anyhow. 

Funny is a funny word when you look at it. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I never watched Only Fools and Horses though obviously seen bits of it, and though funny at times and David Jason is very good in lots of things, I can't recall really laughing at it, 

Black Adder on the other hand did make me laugh, also it's references to History, so it's Black Adder for me, 

Then again I find lots of things funny but don't laugh, well not out loud anyhow. 

Funny is a funny word when you look at it. 

Only Fools and Horses was fantastic. They sullied it's legacy at the end but I loved it and remember watching the very first episodes back in the early 80s and being a fan straight away. Blackadder was ace,after an iffy first series it was fantastic too.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Only Fools and Horses was fantastic. They sullied it's legacy at the end but I loved it and remember watching the very first episodes back in the early 80s and being a fan straight away. Blackadder was ace,after an iffy first series it was fantastic too.

Fair enough, each to their own and what ever makes you laugh is great no matter what anyone else thinks, like a lot of things it just wasn't for me and I'm not knocking it. 

It's odd what different things people like and some don't, for instance I remember in work and said I watched a film last night called Jackie Brown and thought it was very good, some lad said it was shit and boring, whatever gets you through the night is alright I suppose. 

30 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Fair enough, each to their own and what ever makes you laugh is great no matter what anyone else thinks, like a lot of things it just wasn't for me and I'm not knocking it. 

It's odd what different things people like and some don't, for instance I remember in work and said I watched a film last night called Jackie Brown and thought it was very good, some lad said it was shit and boring, whatever gets you through the night is alright I suppose. 

Jackie Brown is a classic film.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Jackie Brown is a classic film.

Yes, if something hasn't got explosions or dramatic special effects it's shit for some. The action is in the words etc for me in films. 

Oh and a great song or two as in Jackie Brown, Bobby Womack. 

But back to comedy, someone in the pub the other day found Inside No 9 shit, and said its got nothing on Mrs Brown's Boys, choked on me pint. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, easytoslip said:

But back to comedy, someone in the pub the other day found Inside No 9 shit, and said its got nothing on Mrs Brown's Boys, choked on me pint. 

Surely you meant to say, they choked on your pint glass, after you rammed it down their throat.

• Upvote 1