Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 63 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Recommended Posts

Wasn't quite sure were to put this ; 

Pedro Chirivella on Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp:

“I only have words of gratefulness. He’s been very great to me, and I can only thank him.”

“I will tell my kids and my grandkids that I was trained by one of the best coaches in the history of football.”

All the best Pedro!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Wasn't quite sure were to put this ; 

Pedro Chirivella on Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp:

“I only have words of gratefulness. He’s been very great to me, and I can only thank him.”

“I will tell my kids and my grandkids that I was trained by one of the best coaches in the history of football.”

All the best Pedro!

Nice touch, hope he goes on to have a good career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

That was a bullet dodged there, with Gotze. Dortmund have said they aren't renewing him and he's been inconsequential for about 5 years now. 

 

On Coutinho, given we won't sign anybody and he's desperate after two big failures, a loan on reduced wages now makes a lot of sense for us and him. Although if I were him, I'd consider going to a smaller team where he could play every game and enjoy his football.

Regardless, the point someone made was just klopp doesn't want to work with players he's worked with before. I think that was an illustration of he would. We got mane, so nobody can have regrets about how it turned out, but who knows what level klopp may have got gotze to. Coutinho is another case in point, he's struggled since he left us under a number of managers, but he was great under klopp and there's no reason to think he couldn't do that again. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Who does?

You think we take domestic cups seriously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

City. Chelsea. Dunno about Leicester, but who cares about them. 

City take it seriously?

 

Guardiola on the League Cup:

 

"Eliminate competitions, take out this competition," 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

City take it seriously?

 

Guardiola on the League Cup:

 

"Eliminate competitions, take out this competition," 

Yet they keep winning them. 

 

Edit.. having a dislike of the competition and not wanting it to exist and not wanting to compete in it are two different things. We don't even begin to try. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'd have Coutinho back now.

He's a great role model for Elliott, tons of experience, no tiime to settle, motivated to prove people wrong, he's perfect.

And once he starts playing great football for us again we could offer him to Barcelona for £150 million 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'd have Coutinho back now.

He's a great role model for Elliott, tons of experience, no tiime to settle, motivated to prove people wrong, he's perfect.

Great role model as in how to be a cunt to get what you want, try to

poison the dressing room and go on virtual strike?

Fuck him. Bed, made, lie.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Great role model as in how to be a cunt to get what you want, try to

poison the dressing room and go on virtual strike?

Fuck him. Bed, made, lie.

I don't think Klopp has any animosity towards him, which seems to dampen down those claims you make about poisoning the dressing room.  Klopp wouldn't stand for that.

 

Phil knows he acted the cunt, Phil knows it went wrong, Phil knows that he would have zero second chances of fucking up under Klopp.  

 

I don't resent Coutinho for going, he's a young Brazilian lad, they dreamed all their lives about a big move to Barca or Real, it's in their DNA, stop punishing the lad for it.  We have no idea if Alisson, Fabinho or Bobby might do the same thing.

 

I just think it's absolutely silly to turn our back on a deal for a player like that when he's exactly the sort of player we've needed in some games to unlock things against a deep defence, especially from a set-piece. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Id take back a humbled Countinho who will feel he has to bleed for the shirt, if the cost is low. He could contribute.

This. I have been conflicted with him because he wanted to leave but without a doubt he regrets it. I thought he would become a world superstar at Barca. Tbh, I wanted Torres back until the day he hung up his boots (I know) and his move was far worse than Coutinho. 

 

If Coutinho hadn't played for us before we would look at him and say yeah, he could do a very good job here. If we took him back he would have a point to prove plus he wouldn't be the star of the team either so he would have to work extra hard to re-establish himself. 

 

If Klopp wants him then fine, If Klopp doesn't then fuck him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, M_B said:

Would rather let that ship sail and spend the money on the likes of Havertz myself.

Yes. Very yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, M_B said:

Would rather let that ship sail and spend the money on the likes of Havertz myself.

Yeah 100 percent I would. I really can't see us going for that level of player unless we sold similar.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, M_B said:

Would rather let that ship sail and spend the money on the likes of Havertz myself.

Absolutely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This. I have been conflicted with him because he wanted to leave but without a doubt he regrets it. I thought he would become a world superstar at Barca. Tbh, I wanted Torres back until the day he hung up his boots (I know) and his move was far worse than Coutinho. 

 

If Coutinho hadn't played for us before we would look at him and say yeah, he could do a very good job here. If we took him back he would have a point to prove plus he wouldn't be the star of the team either so he would have to work extra hard to re-establish himself. 

 

If Klopp wants him then fine, If Klopp doesn't then fuck him. 

Not sure about that, we don't look at too many players of his age who have spent the best part of three seasons in and out of form.

 

Think he has actually got worse as a footballer since his best days with us, it's not just a case of him not quite fitting into how Barca or Bayern play. Seems to have become much more limited with his passing range and relies too much on his reverse-Robben move, and doesn't seem willing to put in the defensive work any more. I mean obviously he was never exactly N'Golo Kante or anything, but even when Rodgers was here he would do the basics of pressing at least. I remember seeing a couple of appearances for Barca and Bayern where he was doing fuck all out of possession and there's no chance he could get away with that here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've zero issue with Coutinho wanting to go to Barcelona.  It was a dream of his and so he would have been crazy not to push for it when the chance arose. As I've got older I've actually come to the idea that I think it's a bit sad when a player just sticks with one football club for his entire career.  They should travel and play in other countries. I think it's great now that English youngsters are travelling abroad to start their careers like Sancho.  However, how Coutinho did it was a bit off.  But that's water under the bridge.

 

I wouldn't want him back though as I just don't think he's a Klopp type player. I felt from day one that he'd be sold by Klopp to get more pacy players who move the ball at speed and and can be playing the initial ball in their own box and then tapping in at the other end 10 seconds later. That's not Phil.

 

The club has also denied this so many times that I can't believe it's even a topic of conversation?  He's not coming.  Not a chance.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coutinho would be a great asset from the bench or in a rotation.

 

It has to be at the discount price , but we all know FSG won’t overpay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×