You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

7 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

It is possible to enjoy the team we are while having one eye down the road. For me that is the very essence of sport. As soon as one win is over, you have to be on to your next one. 

I think we'll promote hoever if lovren goes. 

Not ready in my opinion Barry but what do I know, looks more comfortable at full back.

1 hour ago, The Gaul said:

It is possible to enjoy the team we are while having one eye down the road. For me that is the very essence of sport. As soon as one win is over, you have to be on to your next one. 

I completely agree but once this season is over, we’ll have at least another 16 major trophies to win (more if you include Super & World Club Cups) before Klopp leaves.

If, as was the original plan, Klopp was leaving next summer, I’d totally get the concern. 

If we enter the 22/23 season with the same squad as now I’ll start to get a bit nervous but I genuinely can’t see why people are bothering to discussing it now.

1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

What a player he would be here. Think City wouldn't sell to us though so he'll probably go to a European club.

I agree but if he says Liverpool or I leave on a free, then they’ve a decision to make. 

45 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Can't see anyone else winning the Bundesliga for a long time now. Especially if Sane goes there.

Does he want to leave to go back to Germany or has he just realised City are a gang of massive cunts?

My mate is a bit of a know it all and reckons it’s to do with his family wanting him to go to Bayern. 
Something about him having a kid and his parents pressuring him to raise it over there. Could be complete bollocks but that’s what he’s going with.

33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Who's your pick to replace him when he quits out of anger? 

LOL.

Some of you on here are a bit one dimensional arn't you? Like it's just not possible is it, for us to be doing well but for fans to be concerned long term when he's gone, and that day will come faster than you think. It's impossible for some people to fathom that in here. Yours is the second smart arse response i've had today.

Its entirely possible that he can be a bit fucked off with what happened last week, seeing that he put the groundwork in (by all accounts).

As I've said before, FSG owed him that signing. Hell they owe him any signing he wants or needs WITHOUT offloading someone else first. He's single handedly dragged this club off its knees.

He’s clearly been wanting to go to Bayern for a long time.  City as usual couldn’t care less about the money they will just want to weigh up what is worse for a competitor in Europe like Bayern. If they can squeeze 90m out of them like they’ve been talking then it stops them buying other players.  Bayern clearly aren’t stupid enough to pay that for a player with 1 year in his contract and will have told him to sit it out

If I was in Sane and I really didn’t want to be there I’d be saying to City you are going to sell me to Bayern now for whatever they are willing to pay or I’m going to go to Liverpool on a free at the end of the season.  I think that would move things along for him.

15 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

LOL.

Some of you on here are a bit one dimensional arn't you? Like it's just not possible is it, for us to be doing well but for fans to be concerned long term when he's gone, and that day will come faster than you think. It's impossible for some people to fathom that in here. Yours is the second smart arse response i've had today.

Its entirely possible that he can be a bit fucked off with what happened last week, seeing that he put the groundwork in (by all accounts).

As I've said before, FSG owed him that signing. Hell they owe him any signing he wants or needs WITHOUT offloading someone else first. He's single handedly dragged this club off its knees.

He's gone in 4 years. Teams can go from poor, to decent, to great and back to poor in that timespan. Why you'd worry about looking that far ahead when the future for football teams are always so murky to predict, I have no idea. When he leaves, we may turn to shite, we may still be good, we might all be dead, who cares. The important thing is how we look in the near future because for our squad, the future is now. 

It literally takes one great signing or two to change the fortunes of a side, look at selling Coutinho and buying Alisson + van Dijk. We have 4 years to attempt these kinds of signings and we have leeway because the team is already great. Complaining because we missed out on Werner who is, by the way, not some megastar ballon d'or candidate, is being a hysterical fanny. There's plenty of fish in the sea and we're in the market for all of them. Whether we have money remains to be seen, but we have a legit shot at attracting pretty much anyone. 

Also, FSG don't "owe" Klopp anything, they pay his salary. They work together and make decisions together. That's why the marriage has actually worked so far, when it hasn't in the past. 

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

LOL.

Endlessly repeating this viewpoint on the other hand, is completely 3 dimensional, multi-faceted, fresh and filled to the brim with depth and nuance.

Lets have some more of it.

• Upvote 1