You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

With Clyne gone and Lallana going that's about 180 grand off the weekly wage bill. Just need to get rid of Lovren as he's on 100 grand a week. 

Outrageous, we might need him for the run in. Who else is going to hand out the Jaffa cakes.

19 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Sakho got fucked off for being unprofessional.  He's definitely done something to be training alone. 

There were rumours and photos of him taking spice at one of his parties he held at his house.

Then he knackered his knee against Dortmund in the American tour. He's been getting nearly 300 grand a month for either being injured or playing for Bournemouth.

He's training now but sing part of the squad as Klopp has Alexander Arnold and Neco Williams so no real need for him to be involved or to extend his contract which would just be a waste of 600 grand. He won't even get a medal if/when we win the league. 

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Liverpool need to rebuild. 

Do we?

I think the point should be more about starting to think about refreshing/having the succession in place - the average age of our best 11 must be one of the higher ones in the league.

Gini is 30 this year.

Henderson is 30 in a few days.

Front 3 are 28/29...

Not exactly dead old of course, but yeah i'd imagine that in next year or two we'd be looking at needing replacements amongst them.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

I think the point should be more about starting to think about refreshing/having the succession in place - the average age of our best 11 must be one of the higher ones in the league.

Gini is 30 this year.

Henderson is 30 in a few days.

Front 3 are 28/29...

Not exactly dead old of course, but yeah i'd imagine that in next year or two we'd be looking at needing replacements amongst them.

On that note, when Klopp signed his new contract he said it was about being in charge for the rebuild/refresh of the team. 

He said Minamino was the first part of that suggesting he's going the "replacements among them" approach you mentioned. 

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Liverpool need to rebuild. 

Do we?

It has been a brilliant spell of team building. But by the time football returns it will be two years since Liverpool signed a significant player and 12 regular first-team squad members will be 28 or older. Alexander-Arnold is the only young player in the first XI. A period of renewal is due. Klopp knows this better than anyone. It was clearly coming this summer.

EJJ0lpKWoAE_bLF.jpg

U wot M8?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rotpeter said:

On that note, when Klopp signed his new contract he said it was about being in charge for the rebuild/refresh of the team. 

He said Minamino was the first part of that suggesting he's going the "replacements among them" approach you mentioned. 

Makes sense to me.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

If it was anything serious he'd have been sacked.

Not saying it was something serious and I assume the club would hope to sell him. But he must have pissed someone off to be training on his home. Klopp doesn't seem the sort to decide your not first choice so I'll alienate you from the squad 

29 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Not saying it was something serious and I assume the club would hope to sell him. But he must have pissed someone off to be training on his home. Klopp doesn't seem the sort to decide your not first choice so I'll alienate you from the squad 

The decision was made long ago on him, training alone now makes sense, hell stay home for the next two weeks - no reason to test him or risk if he does/doesn't test positive, he's not going to play anyway.