You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Couple more defeats this side of Christmas and Howe and the Orange guy could be in the shite.

Doubt it will happen as after Spurs at the weekend they play Fulham, Luton and Forest.

I hope Howe clings on as it will limit the progress they can make, a fancy new European manager will have no hesitation on chucking money about           

17 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Couple more defeats this side of Christmas and Howe and the Orange guy could be in the shite.

Doubt it will happen as after Spurs at the weekend they play Fulham, Luton and Forest.

I hope Howe clings on as it will limit the progress they can make, a fancy new European manager will have no hesitation on chucking money about           

Is he under pressure? I know the league form isn't good, but they're only 4 points off 4th place. And they're still in with a chance to qualify in the CL. I honestly can't see them sacking him at this point. In fact unless there was an absolutely outstanding candidate available, they'd be mad to. They've done well so far under him, but Europe and it's demands are catching up with them and the lack of quality they have in the squad. 

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is he under pressure? I know the league form isn't good, but they're only 4 points off 4th place. And they're still in with a chance to qualify in the CL. I honestly can't see them sacking him at this point. In fact unless there was an absolutely outstanding candidate available, they'd be mad to. They've done well so far under him, but Europe and it's demands are catching up with them and the lack of quality they have in the squad. 

If they lose to Spurs I would think he would be under big pressure. The table is a strange one at the moment as you can even make the case for Ten Haag.

What you cant hide is losing 3-0 to Everton          

8 minutes ago, Dave D said:

If they lose to Spurs I would think he would be under big pressure. The table is a strange one at the moment as you can even make the case for Ten Haag.

What you cant hide is losing 3-0 to Everton          

Sure you can make a case for Ten Haag - but I think there's a difference with the mancs and the saudi's. There's an expectation where their respective positions in the CL, while very similar, are poles apart - both because of club stature and their opponents in it. And the impact European football has on both squads is polls apart on league form. They had to expect it would be harder in the league once Beheadie didn't have all week to prepare for games. 

I would be amazed if he was sacked if they lose to spurs. But it wouldn't be the first time I've been amazed in football with these types of decisions. It just seems to me up to now the saudi's are dealing with this project pretty sensibly and don't seem to be like big babies for not getting all their own way.  

The fact he could be under pressure shows you why managing these clubs is easier said than done. Guardiola, cunt that he is, deserves credit despite the mega-wealth he's had to spend, because they egos up top won't countenance delays to their masterplans. Chelsea are in the shit for similar reasons, chopping and changing and no long-term strategy. Same with the mancs and it'll be the same with these if they make changes already. Don't get me wrong mind, I won't be shedding any tears.

31 minutes ago, sir roger said:

He's a dirty bastard, like, but that Joelinton is a good player. Was practically operating as their whole midfield last night.

Yeah has improved immeasurably under Howe. He was fucking awful before that. 

11 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Once Howe goes I think you'll see an acceleration of the "project"   

You think? I don't think they want to be on that journey right now. i think they are happy with the world cup, their domestic project and just to get Newcastle in a position they will be involved in whatever super league we end up with. if tey can cheat a bit along the way and loan some players from the saudi league, i am sure they will. but i think the appointment of Howe in the 1st place was a reflection of their direction of travel. 

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah has improved immeasurably under Howe. He was fucking awful before that. 

You think? I don't think they want to be on that journey right now. i think they are happy with the world cup, their domestic project and just to get Newcastle in a position they will be involved in whatever super league we end up with. if tey can cheat a bit along the way and loan some players from the saudi league, i am sure they will. but i think the appointment of Howe in the 1st place was a reflection of their direction of travel. 

I admire your positive outlook on them. To me they are just delaying the inevitable where they become unbearably successful through fair means or foul.    

35 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I admire your positive outlook on them. To me they are just delaying the inevitable where they become unbearably successful through fair means or foul.    

i think they are playing a long game. i don't think they are here to lose, but neither do i think it is win at all costs at this point. now they've won the world cup, i think newcastle will be bottom of their main 3 footballing priorities. 

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

They need to give Eddie a £200m January wor chest to secure sixth.

I've read that can't because of FFP. They are at the limits. It's why they pushed so hard for loans to be allowed. Talk last night they want to bring multiple players from Saudi

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I've read that can't because of FFP. They are at the limits. It's why they pushed so hard for loans to be allowed. Talk last night they want to bring multiple players from Saudi

I'm sure they could sell someone shite like Richie for 25m to saudi, which will then free up £125m to spend. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm sure they could sell someone shite like Richie for 25m to saudi, which will then free up £125m to spend. 

Think they are worried about that sort of thing. Didn't teams go to the premier league over the amount they got for St Maximum and complain it was overinflated?. Personally I thought the 20/25ml for fair enough