You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Found this thread on page 11. They’re pretty much irrelevant, for now at least. 

Turns out Sandro Tonali was placing bets on English games even after he’d signed for Newcastle. The FA are charging him now for 50 different bets. Another ban incoming. 

That's fucking hilarious. The best part of it is he looked decent too! I wouldn't want to be the person responsible for that purchase or the fella at Milan who was happy to get rid. 

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I keep seeing people say this after Merson starting on about it. They shouldn't get bans, they are addicts etc. Surely the fact they all appear to be betting on games they are involved in means they should get bans, this isn't sone addict who keeps throwing money at betting whatever the results. They might not be throwing matches but its a small step from getting booked to that going further. I'm sure there was one a while back when a player put a bet on tbe ball would go out of play in the first 20 seconds after kickoff so he just belted the kick off out wide and out of play

I haven't said they shouldn't be punished. But it's a bit fucking rich coming down like a pile of bricks on this perceived risk to the leagues integrity but be fine with PGMOL employees working for clubs competing in the league. Not to mention the broad acceptance of gambling company money elsewhere. Actually treating it as an addiction is a bit inconvenient for the clubs in the league.

7 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I haven't said they shouldn't be punished. But it's a bit fucking rich coming down like a pile of bricks on this perceived risk to the leagues integrity but be fine with PGMOL employees working for clubs competing in the league. Not to mention the broad acceptance of gambling company money elsewhere. Actually treating it as an addiction is a bit inconvenient for the clubs in the league.

I agree overall, but i think there has to be a line drawn between a gambling addict betting on games they are not involved in and someone betting on their own team with them on the pitch. Especially with betting on fouls,cards etc

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I keep seeing people say this after Merson starting on about it. They shouldn't get bans, they are addicts etc. Surely the fact they all appear to be betting on games they are involved in means they should get bans, this isn't sone addict who keeps throwing money at betting whatever the results. They might not be throwing matches but its a small step from getting booked to that going further. I'm sure there was one a while back when a player put a bet on tbe ball would go out of play in the first 20 seconds after kickoff so he just belted the kick off out wide and out of play

I think that was Matt Le Tissier. 

He’s usually such a stand-up guy as well. 

2 hours ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

The FA’s statement gives a date range for Tonali’s alleged breaches. 

They allegedly commenced on 12th August 2023. Newcastle beat Aston Villa 5-1 on this day. 

Tonali was subbed off in second half injury time. During which, the below happened.

Hmmmmmm…

IMG_3970.jpeg

I mean, if he’s bet on that, or people close to him have, that’s got to be a 12 month ban. Bang to rights.