You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Expect Sheff Utd to get some handy loans in January

Everton have likely done it to be cunts and oppose the league. Probably in the hopes of getting a rich Saudi on board for a takeover

Everton might think it's their only chance of getting some players in on loan seeing as they haven't got a pot to piss in.

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I'd love to say I'm surprised. I'm not though. I'm fucking disgusted with that 7 set of cunts but not surprised in the slightest. 

Not surprising in the least is it. The game has been fucked for sometime and now every single step they take is to take the piss even more. Just when you think there is nothing else left to spoil the game even more, they go and find a new way.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Can we just win th league in front of fans this season and then fuck the game off for good?

Easily said than done though. A title win in front of the fans will only reinvent our love for the club and Jurgen. Right now I am thinking I will fuck the game off when Jurgen leaves but I am not sure even if that is going to be possible. 

Even with the 7 cunting clubs voting for this, if Sheffield United benefit out of it which sends the shite down, we will be laughing.

Football is fucked but we will continue to keep looking for little happiness with a lingering hope that the game will go back to what it was. Football is fucked but so are we.

• Upvote 1

From @danroan on Twitter,

Update: has now emerged the vote on a ban on related party loans was actually 12-8 in favour. A vote on related-party commercial deals was 13-7. 
The clubs that voted v block on loans were; NUFC, Man City, Chelsea, Forest, Sheff Utd, Wolves, Everton & Burnley

I knew Burnley would be one of the teams to vote against it. They are essentially Man City's bitch now.

The commercial deals vote is the big one. Giving license to the oil clubs to get massive sponsors to fund their transfers without even trying to hide it. Fucking stinks. Outside the obvious clubs, which clubs would actually vote for that? Probably been some brown envelopes given to get votes. The ESL is becoming more attractive by the day. 

21 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

The commercial deals vote is the big one. Giving license to the oil clubs to get massive sponsors to fund their transfers without even trying to hide it. Fucking stinks. Outside the obvious clubs, which clubs would actually vote for that? Probably been some brown envelopes given to get votes. The ESL is becoming more attractive by the day. 

On 22/11/2023 at 10:00, Megadrive Man said:

From @danroan on Twitter,

Update: has now emerged the vote on a ban on related party loans was actually 12-8 in favour. A vote on related-party commercial deals was 13-7. 
The clubs that voted v block on loans were; NUFC, Man City, Chelsea, Forest, Sheff Utd, Wolves, Everton & Burnley

I knew Burnley would be one of the teams to vote against it. They are essentially Man City's bitch now.

I'm unclear on the wording of the 12-8 in favour of a ban on related-party loans. They needed 13 to change the rules, so related-party loans are allowed?  

On 22/11/2023 at 17:16, liverpoolsno9 said:

The ESL will be no better, because it'll still want Newcastle, city and PSG.

UEFA, has rules around the value of sponsorship, but it's completely unenforceable, so I don't see why it would be any different in the ESL - a competition by the way being held together by Juve, Barcelona and Madrid. 1 club who's probably the biggest cheats the game has ever known and 2 Spanish clubs who have their own version of financial doping over the years, one of which is currently being investigated in a referee bribery case. Despite everyone sticking a titty lip out about how things are now, the ESL will be no utopia, in fact quite the opposite, just another pile of shite completely and utterly driven by greed and self interest. 

17 hours ago, Razoray said:

I'm unclear on the wording of the 12-8 in favour of a ban on related-party loans. They needed 13 to change the rules, so related-party loans are allowed?  

14 votes are needed aren't they? 

8 minutes ago, aws said:

It is 14 votes needed, I think. Unfortunately, it looks like we’ve already got more than six clubs who want to play fast and loose with the rules. 

This is the issue with the new clubs having a voice. We can bring it back next year and maybe have more success, be ause Burnley and sheff united will be gone and Everton may be bankrupt or at least not wedded to multi club because 777 will be out of the picture. 

1 minute ago, Code said:

But what about impartiality in these kind of votings?

It’s a bit like the accused having a vote in the jury in his own trial.

Which is why there's an argument for splitting up who runs a league from a commercial & TV perspective and who owns and enforces the rules. A bit like PGMOL with refereeing and var. 

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Which is why there's an argument for splitting up who runs a league from a commercial & TV perspective and who owns and enforces the rules. A bit like PGMOL with refereeing and var. 

Yes absolutely.