You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

38 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Anyone worried about the price of oil? 

Should we be?

I dont see the downside.  We have energy sources ready and waiting to be used tomorrow.

This IS the perfect time to transition.  Oil people and car manufacturers have been blaming a lack of transition time for years as an excuse, knowing there would never be a realistic pause in the economy or life to make any of it come true....

I find the whole thing fascinating now.  What happens next will define our future, and the future of the planet, and mankind. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

This is a game-changer for the government if proven true...

I don’t understand. It’s linked to the DHSC. So the government is setting up fake profiles which criticise themselves to a minuscule amount of followers? Is that the assumption? It’s genuinely passing me by. 

8 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

The bearded prick and his compadres got the heaveho from Aus Govt, virgin Australia has collapsed. It’s really shit for the employees, but highlights why these marauding capitalist ring pieces need to pay tax in the countries which they operate, don’t expect handouts if you don’t pay in yer fucking auld lech.

• Upvote 2

What are people's take on the WHO? Their main input seems to be to 'urge caution.'

Who urges caution on vaccine hopes, who urges caution on lockdown lifting, who urges caution on antibody tests.

Is anyone coordinating the global scientific community or is it some kind of free for all with various academics competing with each other (perhaps even undermining each other, competition and one-upmanship is a big factor in academia, many like to wipe their arse on rivals' published papers.)

To paraphrase an ex squaddie who's moved into corporate middle management: I'm seeing a lot of talk about problems but no fucking solutions.

• Upvote 1