You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

At the moment we don’t know if you gain immunity from having caught it.  So you could catch it twice. or more. 

Would that impact policy? 

Yeah could do, they might think fuck the ventilators and the ppe if you can catch it twice, why bother?

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

Human lives mean fuck all to you   Tory through and through. 

Listen, you’re the one who was singing ‘Send ‘em back’ a few months ago. Don’t try the holier than thou trick with me you racist little Doyle. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

That govt response to the Times article is mad. Genuinely can't remember anything like it

I can. It's one of those boring as fuck forum arguments where posters break each others comments down into endless quotes.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

I can. It's one of those boring as fuck forum arguments where posters break each others comments down into endless quotes.

I suppose it's only fitting that democracy will be decided by flame war from now on.

• Upvote 1

On 18/04/2020 at 13:34, Rico1304 said:

So now there’s a conspiracy to not find a cure for cancer?  Despite people who work in pharmaceutical companies dying from cancer.  And all the doctors and scientists are in on it? 

I despair.  

No,I think the point is that companies may be content to produce medication more for managing illnesses/conditions rather than curing them. I'm not talking about cancer myself but there are plenty of conditions to go around. Some people have said statins are now overused,or even antidepressants.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

No,I think the point is that companies may be content to produce medication more for managing illnesses/conditions rather than curing them. I'm not talking about cancer myself but there are plenty of conditions to go around. Some people have said statins are now overused,or even antidepressants.

Just think about the level of collusion that would be required to do any of that. Imagine that say for example the government of Cuba, who we are told have an amazing health service, how much would they want to show the world are superior. Or Russia. Or someone like Trump who could be the Man Who Saved the World. 

I find it absolutely astonishing the amount of nonsense the average person believes. 

I find the notion from the right that we are not allowed to scrutinise these experts honestly a bit baffling. We do that everyday on the football forum. That’s all practically we did for the time Hodgson was at the control, and none of us are professional footy managers.

The funny bit is that prior to this coronavirus crisis it was also the right who famously claimed that “we‘ve had enough of experts”. Where is the consistency?

• Upvote 1

Is it widely accepted that Peston is a Tory?  If so then people should pay more attention to that tweet posted a few posts ago where he recognises that the Tory government is already looking to shift blame onto the scientists with "led by the science".  Rico1304 should especially take note as looks like you're doing the same, suggesting that any criticism of the government is actually criticism of the experts and the scientists.  It's not, it's most often direct  criticism of the government who are hiding behind "the science" for their own decision making, as Preston says, the power is with the government. 

6 minutes ago, Moo said:

Is it widely accepted that Peston is a Tory?  If so then people should pay more attention to that tweet posted a few posts ago where he recognises that the Tory government is already looking to shift blame onto the scientists with "led by the science".  Rico1304 should especially take note as looks like you're doing the same, suggesting that any criticism of the government is actually criticism of the experts and the scientists.  It's not, it's most often direct  criticism of the government who are hiding behind "the science" for their own decision making, as Preston says, the power is with the government. 

All they do is make up numbers (100,000 tests) and use soundbites.  "Protect the NHS", "save lives", "follow the science".  Three or four words at most and repeat them enough for the dumb public to lap it up.  

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

All they do is make up numbers (100,000 tests) and use soundbites.  "Protect the NHS", "save lives", "follow the science".  Three or four words at most and repeat them enough for the dumb public to lap it up.  

Make America great again

Get brexit done

Take back control

Strong and stable

Results speak for themselves 

• Upvote 1

These fools talking about sanctions for China, they know they're basically untouchable, right? It will take them losing a war a la 1945 Germany for that to happen after this is over, and can we not do that, please? Thanks. The most we can probably expect is them eventually reluctantly shutting down the wet markets. 

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

Make America great again

Get brexit done

Take back control

Strong and stable

Results speak for themselves 

Yeah they use off the top of my head.

In it together

Protect the borders 

Keeping your taxes low

Ring fence pensions

Protecting the vulnerable

A vote for us means you're a cunt

Green shoots of recovery 

Affordable transport for all

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah they use off the top of my head.

In it together

Protect the borders 

Keeping your taxes low

Ring fence pensions

Protecting the vulnerable

A vote for us means you're a cunt

Green shoots of recovery 

Affordable transport for all

It's just marketing 101.

McD's: "I'm Loving It!"

KFC: "Finger Lickin' Good"

ASDA: "That's ASDA Price!"

EA Sports: "Its in the Game!"

Subway: "Eat Fresh"

NIKE: "Just do it!"

LFC: "This Means More."

Tesco: "Every Little Helps"

Apple: "Think Different"

Coca-Cola: "Always Coca-Cola!"

KitKat: "Have a Break"

National Lottery: "It Could be You"

etc.

7 hours ago, Moo said:

So calling the deputy chief medical officer a

fucking hag (I think that was the phrase) and reducing the expert input to the equivalent of a quick google search is valid criticism of the government? 

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So calling the deputy chief medical officer a

fucking hag (I think that was the phrase) and reducing the expert input to the equivalent of a quick google search is valid criticism of the government? 

Mis quoting people again Rico? I thought you kept that for the disingenuous anti semitism claims you're so fond of.