You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I've just had a look through her timeline. Its horrible if what she is saying is true that she has had to go through so much anti-semitism. This whole anti-semitic thing.... Ive lived in the North and the South (Including a year in London) and also been in the forces yet I haven't heard hardly any anti-semtisim in my life. Ive heard and seen racism, sexist bastards and homophobes but anti-semitism just hasn't been there at all really? Save the odd shit joke about them being tight which is maybe 1 for every hundred I hear about scousers being thieves. According to a lot of people on twitter the likes of Rachel Riley and this lady (Who I genuinely sympathies with if she is being truthful about the extremes) will have you believe it is a nationwide problem worse than racism. I'm sure someone who is Jewish will be far more exposed to it but is it really on the level it is being claimed? 

I mean, is this "anti-semitic as fuck" ?

If this is being classed as "anti-semitic as fuck" then I seriously question the severity of the 'problem' and wonder if this is something that has been engineered over time to keep Corbyn down because of his idea of a fairer Britain. 

I am not saying anti-semitism doesn't exist, I am just asking is it as bad (Of course even one instance of anti-semitism is bad) as is being made out by people who seem to throw the anti-semitic accusation at people simply for disagreeing with them. 

I think it's being somewhat incorrectly interpreted as invoking the "Jews run the world" trope.

However, when Mossad agents have conducted Honey traps, like in London against the nuclear whistle-blower Mordechai Vanunu, or extra-judicially executed people in France, Belgium, Brazil etc, or pinched Eichmann in Argentina, it's factually correct to state that Mossad have international reach. 

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

This Dan Carden "scoop" is shudderingly frightening. In the absence of a video or audio clip, we're in a very dangerous place where somebody can be branded antisemitic based on an unsubstantiated allegation alone and it's then, somewhat perversely, their task to refute the claim, rather than for the person making the allegation to substantiate it with evidence. 

In any event, while substituting Jude for "Jews" is a bit daft, is it really antisemitic? Which part of the IHRA definition does it fall foul of? 

It isn’t AS. But it does kind show a contempt for the entire issue doesn’t it? Points to a complete lack of judgment too. 

10 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

This Dan Carden "scoop" is shudderingly frightening. In the absence of a video or audio clip, we're in a very dangerous place where somebody can be branded antisemitic based on an unsubstantiated allegation alone and it's then, somewhat perversely, their task to refute the claim, rather than for the person making the allegation to substantiate it with evidence. 

In any event, while substituting Jude for "Jews" is a bit daft, is it really antisemitic? Which part of the IHRA definition does it fall foul of? 

Plus, this alleged incident took place 20 months ago, on a bus full of reporters and M.P.s but only came out today. 

The people making the accusations obviously care about the time it is taking the Labour party to deal with anti-Semitism. 

No agenda whatsoever

10 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I think it's being somewhat incorrectly interpreted as invoking the "Jews run the world" trope.

However, when Mossad agents have conducted Honey traps, like in London against the nuclear whistle-blower Mordechai Vanunu, or extra-judicially executed people in France, Belgium, Brazil etc, or pinched Eichmann in Argentina, it's factually correct to state that Mossad have international reach. 

Which makes the person calling it anti-semitic more anti-semitic than the person simply stating a fact. She has seen anti-semitism in something that isn't. Thats on her not the person making the statement. It happens daily. Tweet Luciana Berger and ask her why she once got told off at school and see how many of her supporters call you a "vile anti-semite" then block you. Or if you are feeling extra frisky, ask Rachel Riley for her honest opinion on the innocent Palestinian used as target practice by the Israel soldier in the tunnel that was in a video doing the rounds last week. She will threaten to sue you, call you an anti-semite then block you. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Which makes the person calling it anti-semitic more anti-semitic than the person simply stating a fact. She has seen anti-semitism in something that isn't. Thats on her not the person making the statement. It happens daily. Tweet Luciana Berger and ask her why she once got told off at school and see how many of her supporters call you a "vile anti-semite" then block you. Or if you are feeling extra frisky, ask Rachel Riley for her honest opinion on the innocent Palestinian used as target practice by the Israel soldier in the tunnel that was in a video doing the rounds last week. She will threaten to sue you, call you an anti-semite then block you. 

Riley's terrible. I asked her for nudes and whether she took it up the arse and got the same, intolerant treatment. Bitch.

Just now, Mudface said:

Riley's terrible. I asked her for nudes and whether she took it up the arse and got the same, intolerant treatment. Bitch.

She can't even subtract. I properly hate her. Going on TV to talk about Twitter trolls despite being one of the biggest trolls on Twitter then has the audacity to call Corbyn an anti-semite on TV and say she will hate him until her dying breath when she has not a single bit of evidence that he is! Someones rich Daddy or Husband is set to make a loss if Corbyn gets into power I expect. 

Just now, Anubis said:

Dan Carden is my MP. I’ve met, campaigned with him, and chatted with him on a number of occasions. I’ve never seen him say or do anything that would lead me to believe he would do that. 

Word for word what is said when a neighbour turns out to have dead bodies in the cellar.  

46 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I've just had a look through her timeline. Its horrible if what she is saying is true that she has had to go through so much anti-semitism. This whole anti-semitic thing.... Ive lived in the North and the South (Including a year in London) and also been in the forces yet I haven't heard hardly any anti-semtisim in my life. Ive heard and seen racism, sexist bastards and homophobes but anti-semitism just hasn't been there at all really? Save the odd shit joke about them being tight which is maybe 1 for every hundred I hear about scousers being thieves. According to a lot of people on twitter the likes of Rachel Riley and this lady (Who I genuinely sympathies with if she is being truthful about the extremes) will have you believe it is a nationwide problem worse than racism. I'm sure someone who is Jewish will be far more exposed to it but is it really on the level it is being claimed? 

I mean, is this "anti-semitic as fuck" ?

If this is being classed as "anti-semitic as fuck" then I seriously question the severity of the 'problem' and wonder if this is something that has been engineered over time to keep Corbyn down because of his idea of a fairer Britain. 

I am not saying anti-semitism doesn't exist, I am just asking is it as bad (Of course even one instance of anti-semitism is bad) as is being made out by people who seem to throw the anti-semitic accusation at people simply for disagreeing with them. 

200px-OctopusNAS1.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitic_canard

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Interesting timing on the Carden story. Just as Warsi is accusing Hancock of whitesplaining Islamophobia and criticising the lack of an investigation by her party.

Im sure it will just get called 'ancient history' and we can all forget it anyway.