Quantcast
January 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 52 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

January 2020 Transfer Thread

4 hours ago, viRdjil said:

He is naturally an AM, but Rodgers has been deploying him in midfield in a 4-3-3 or 4-1-4-2 this season. Not too dissimilar to David Silva or De Bruyne in that regard.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/137015/Show/James-Maddison

He’s also only 23, so he will still improve further. Hendo and Wijnaldum are getting on relatively speaking, so sooner or later we will need to dip into the market for replacements.

I've watched a reasonable amount of Leicester this season, so I wouldn't say they play a 433 like we know it for liverpool, in fact I would say the shape is closer to a Rafa 4411/4231 than anything us or Manchester city play. What's clear to me, when Vardy is a lone striker (which is what he is, unlike firmino or Jesus/aguero), maddison is the closest player to him. When they bring on a 2nd striker like ineacho , you're right maddison goes like a proper midfielder in terms of position and then barely touches the ball and vanishes from the game. As I said in an earlier post, right now he would be behind every single one of our midfielders for me, except maybe lallana. And I'm not comparing him with Curtis Jones, but Jones makes more sense to me as the 7th or 8th midfielder than a chap who'd likely cost upwards of 100m.

We will need to start replacing midfielders at some point, but I think due to quantity of players in that position we can allow Jones time and maybe bring Gruic back in to replace lallana next season too. I genuinely don't see how maddison improves us today. He's bang on his level now, being at a club who are over hitting near the top who play everything through him and let him take nearly all the free kicks. 

2 hours ago, m0e said:

I'm relatively happy that we won't be signing either of these jabronis.

Indeed. 

17 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

We've signed way more shit French players, are we ruling them out too?

I don't think Klopp has ever signed a French player. So yeah you can rule them out.

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Not looking forward to having to replace Gini.  

Stuart Pearce awarded Ginni MOM on Talksport yesterday.

After praising Gini’s performance, Pearce went on to say that Liverpool must be hoping the rumours of him wanting to leave Anfield are not true because he would be so difficult to replace.

This is the first I have heard of this potential transfer, now we have Daisy’s quip.

Can anyone else add to the paranoia?

6 minutes ago, Tourt said:

Stuart Pearce awarded Ginni MOM on Talksport yesterday.

After praising Gini’s performance, Pearce went on to say that Liverpool must be hoping the rumours of him wanting to leave Anfield are not true because he would be so difficult to replace.

This is the first I have heard of this potential transfer, now we have Daisy’s quip.

Can anyone else add to the paranoia?

It is nothing more than a slight contract issue and the lad himself is happy, the rumours which were started in the Express (as far as I read) have been rubbished mate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tourt said:

Cheers PB, nice one.

No probs mate. His contract is up in 18 months and both the club and the player see a need to sit around the table just yet. That stuff will be done in the summer, both the club and Wij are happy to wait until then. Typical media just looking for a story that has no legs. 

I meant not looking forward to having to replace him when he retires. Be gutted if he doesnt sign a new contract before then. 

He is a ball retention machine

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

I would have thought that Keita would be a replacement but his legs are made out cheese.

He plays nothing like him when he’s actually fit to play so no.

Cantwell reminds me more of Lampard than Lallana, arriving at the right time around the edge of the box to finish. apologies if already been said.

defo go in for him if Norwich go down. Chilwell would be nice too, although probably would cost a fortune.

two good young players that would improve the set-up when a few will be let go. with plenty of scope to be improved by Klopp and the better players we have.

1 hour ago, WhiskeyJar said:

Really? Their close control, work rate, passing ability seem quite similar.

Very different type of players imo. Keita is much more creative and attack minded. Wijnaldum more of an all round midfielder, very strong on the ball, but still better defensively than going forwards.

4 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Very different type of players imo. Keita is much more creative and attack minded. Wijnaldum more of an all round midfielder, very strong on the ball, but still better defensively than going forwards.

I'd have thought fab is more in the mould of Gini. Nabby as you say is a more attack minded creative midfielder.

Chilwell is making the same mistakes he was making 3 years ago. He's lazy minded when the ball is on the other side. He looks like he's a cunt.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Not when he plays for Holland !  He's unleashed when he plays for his country.

3 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Anyone else think that Cantwell looks like he’s a Fisher Price Craig Bellamy?

I'd have to see how well he swings a golf club before I could answer this.