Quantcast
Fulham (A) 17/3/19 - Page 21 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

 

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

 

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

 

Thanks

Dave

Bjornebye

Fulham (A) 17/3/19

Recommended Posts

Our away league performances have all been pretty ordinary since Xmas so just happy with the 'W' in the result column and another one ticked off , leaving only 3 to muddle through ( Soton, Cardiff & Newcastle ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Top with 7/8 games to go after a shite performance can someone please help?!?

 

 

I’ve been on fire with Firmino, gone fast with a boy named Mo,

But somehow they just don’t end up as mine.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen him score?

give the ball to booby and its a draw

There something that the kopites need to know

our number 9

when he gets the ball its been average for some time

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the highlights on MOTD2 and saw the disallowed Fulham goal. 4 Fulham players were in an offside position when the shot came in from outside the area. It deflected off Fabinho (or Gini?) who got a block in while defending, so the ball got a touch off the defending player who deliberately tried to play the ball before reaching the attacker who put the ball into the net. The officials immediately gave an offside and nobody queried it on the pitch, none of the commentators raised any query, and the studio pundits haven't said anything either.

 

What is different about the above (referee Pawson) when compared to what happened with Kane at Anfield last year (referee Moss)? The officials, the PGMOL and the pundits were falling over themselves to justify the decision with Kane last year, getting more and more nonsensical. The rule on it hasn't changed since then. To me it just confirms that the incident in the Spurs game was absolute bollocks.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, magicrat said:

City will beat them comfortably as we should have done 

 

It's the hope that will kill me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Just watched the highlights on MOTD2 and saw the disallowed Fulham goal. 4 Fulham players were in an offside position when the shot came in from outside the area. It deflected off Fabinho (or Gini?) who got a block in while defending, so the ball got a touch off the defending player who deliberately tried to play the ball before reaching the attacker who put the ball into the net. The officials immediately gave an offside and nobody queried it on the pitch, none of the commentators raised any query, and the studio pundits haven't said anything either.

 

What is different about the above (referee Pawson) when compared to what happened with Kane at Anfield last year (referee Moss)? The officials, the PGMOL and the pundits were falling over themselves to justify the decision with Kane last year, getting more and more nonsensical. The rule on it hasn't changed since then. To me it just confirms that the incident in the Spurs game was absolute bollocks.

Do you have a VHS or Betamax copy of this instance, so we can all review? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Just watched the highlights on MOTD2 and saw the disallowed Fulham goal. 4 Fulham players were in an offside position when the shot came in from outside the area. It deflected off Fabinho (or Gini?) who got a block in while defending, so the ball got a touch off the defending player who deliberately tried to play the ball before reaching the attacker who put the ball into the net. The officials immediately gave an offside and nobody queried it on the pitch, none of the commentators raised any query, and the studio pundits haven't said anything either.

 

What is different about the above (referee Pawson) when compared to what happened with Kane at Anfield last year (referee Moss)? The officials, the PGMOL and the pundits were falling over themselves to justify the decision with Kane last year, getting more and more nonsensical. The rule on it hasn't changed since then. To me it just confirms that the incident in the Spurs game was absolute bollocks.

Deflections don't count. The defender has to play the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Do you have a VHS or Betamax copy of this instance, so we can all review? 

 

I would have to disconnect my Atari.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That last 10 minutes was stressful as fuck yesterday. Especially having to sit amongst their fans. Interesting film trivia fact. The church you walk past on your way to the ground is the one out of The Omen where Father Brennan gets impaled on a spike. Made my day that did. Along with the result!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Trumo said:

Just watched the highlights on MOTD2 and saw the disallowed Fulham goal. 4 Fulham players were in an offside position when the shot came in from outside the area. It deflected off Fabinho (or Gini?) who got a block in while defending, so the ball got a touch off the defending player who deliberately tried to play the ball before reaching the attacker who put the ball into the net. The officials immediately gave an offside and nobody queried it on the pitch, none of the commentators raised any query, and the studio pundits haven't said anything either.

 

What is different about the above (referee Pawson) when compared to what happened with Kane at Anfield last year (referee Moss)? The officials, the PGMOL and the pundits were falling over themselves to justify the decision with Kane last year, getting more and more nonsensical. The rule on it hasn't changed since then. To me it just confirms that the incident in the Spurs game was absolute bollocks.

When the ball was played the scorer was offside so the deflection is irrelevant in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

When the ball was played the scorer was offside so the deflection is irrelevant in this case.

That's the same for the Kane situation isn't it? Was offside when Alli played the ball for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the referees would argue that Lovren swung a leg at it but only got a small touch whereas the other one was an accidental defection. Needs sorting out though , it's a pile of shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

That's the same for the Kane situation isn't it? Was offside when Alli played the ball for sure.

I am not so sure now as they seem to make it up as they go along,but if an advantage was gained from being in an offside position then it should be disallowed. But like I said,clear as mud!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×