You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Xherdan Shaqiri

10 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The first few pages of this thread make for some ugly reading. 

People still don't seem to grasp that pretty much any talented attacker will be great under Klopp. It's just what he does. You can pretty much predict that every attacking signing we make will be a success and you'll be right almost every time.  

And a player of his talent for about 13m was about as simple a deal to take as it gets. 

43 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

I'm negging Anubis every time he calls him a weeble from this point on.

Wool behaviour.

I reserved the right to continue calling him the Weeble, not a weeble, in the summer. He's grown on me considerably.

• Downvote 1

I’m guessing Klopp must have concerns over him defensively or the shape of the side when he’s in it. 

He started the Southampton game and we were three up at half time with him probably being the standout player. 

Klopp took him off at half time and I remember reading at the time - don’t know  if it was Twitter or one of the journos - that Klopp thought we were conceding too many chances with him playing the 10 role and the second half was promptly goalless with us conceding less chances but not creating many either.

As frustrating as it is I’m betting we’ll have to get used to Klopp picking Lallana ahead of him as he values his work rate and positioning more. Which is really frustrating as Shaq has more quality - faster, better and more ambitious passer, bigger goal threat and doesn’t slow our play down like Lallana does, not to mention his set piece ability.