You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

When Lemar was being linked last summer, I kept hoping we would go for Fekir who I consider the superior player. He probably would have moved from Lyon before Lacazette but had a bad injury the season before. Hopefully,we get the deal over the line.

Guest Alex_K

Listening to the totally football podcast and the summation was he’s quality but just won’t fit in a 4-3-3.

Heard that too — but I’m inclined to trust Klopps judgement in everything now over a bunch of after-the-fact journalists.

Wonder if Klopp eyes him playing behind Firmino in a 4-2-3-1 — like Reus behind Lewandowski.

We’re very flexible because of the personnel we use but I can’t see Klopp changing much from the 4-3-3 that we’ve used most of the season, we may have the odd game where it’s changed up but we’ve done so well and got arguably the best attack in the league that to change formation now would be mad.

• Upvote 1

4-2-3-1 is basically 4-3-3 but with a triangle midfield instead of an inverted triangle. It's not a massive change. I'm not 100% for the transfer for a few reasons, but putting a player of Fekir's ability in the #10 around Firmino, Salah and Mane would be great and doesn't change any of our current front three's positions. In fact, it's very complimentary because the one thing we're lacking attacking wise is a player who is brilliant in tight spaces like Fekir. 

Guest Alex_K

I mean Madrid used to play 4-2-3-1 right, with Di Maria & Ronaldo wide of Oezil and behind Benzema, and scored what, 120 goals in a season? Mane & Salah are so quick up and down that it probably wouldn’t inhibit the attack, and would lend more control. It’s not quite like Yossi & Kuyt in those positions (though that team scored loads of goals too). The attack of the team has been good domestically .. but not like City’s. Can be improved.