You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drugs

Bjornebye

28 minutes ago, A Red said:

Just try to think it through, before somebody dies.

Think what through? If you enjoy high, how is buying a book in your local bookstore to support your local economy, as opposed to even more money going to Jeff Bezos, a hypocritical action?  Hypocrisy is holding another poster to higher standards than you do yourself e.g., guilt-tripping fellow drug enthusiasts for doing the very same thing that you enjoy doing. Now show me where I’ve done that.

4 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Soon be the weekend and we can all get back to taking drugs or not taking drugs. 

Not ketamine though. You guys that take that shit are crazy. 

If you get some lemo in, make sure you share your step by step experience with us, from ringing the dealer to the 6 hour wank when you’re trying to get to sleep at the end of the session. I can live vicariously through you then.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

I disagree.

Only need someone to produce a piece of paper and start drawing up their Liverpool/England/Whoever All Time Best XI, desperately trying to get the room involved but not listening to a single contribution from anyone, and it’s every single UK hoofing coke til you see the sun coming up on white walls all edgy and fidgety night ever.

Was thinking of suggesting a game of Jenga where the loser downs the pint of wine as forfeit. That usually fucks a few stragglers off to bed.

Clemence

Neal Van Dijk Hansen Hughes

Gerrard McDermott Souness Barnes

Dalglish Rush

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Honourable mention for Molby who is extremely unfortunate to miss out. Great player who could do everything Alonso could and more.

Anyone fancy doing their Prescot Cables all-time XI?

Karl Connolly up-front. 

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Clemence

Neal Van Dijk Hansen Hughes

Gerrard McDermott Souness Barnes

Dalglish Rush

Pretty much spot on. 

Maybe swap McDermott for Salah and go 4-2-3-1. 

Clemence

Neal VVD Hansen Hughes

Gerrard Souness

Salah Kenny Barnes

Rush 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Inspired by this thread, I will no longer use part of a straw, obtained through the purchase of a meal deal at McDonald’s, to snort cocaine.

Instead, I’ll ensure what ever snorting instrument I use is locally/ethically sourced. 

Organic tube pasta.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, aRdja said:

Think what through? If you enjoy high, how is buying a book in your local bookstore to support your local economy, as opposed to even more money going to Jeff Bezos, a hypocritical action?  Hypocrisy is holding another poster to higher standards than you do yourself e.g., guilt-tripping fellow drug enthusiasts for doing the very same thing that you enjoy doing. Now show me where I’ve done that.

I don't really want to get involved in this but this isn't how I would define hypocrisy. For me, it's more about how you portray your self and values externally rather than your judgement of others. If your portrayal of yourself is false or seen to be false, you can be accused of hypocrisy.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mgw100 said:

I don't really want to get involved in this but this isn't how I would define hypocrisy. For me, it's more about how you portray your self and values externally rather than your judgement of others. If your portrayal of yourself is false or seen to be false, you can be accused of hypocrisy.

No I agree, why pretend to be outraged over “industrial mass murder” and slavery and lord it over me when it clearly didn’t bother him enough to stop him from getting high? Why should I be held to much higher standards than he does himself and other posters? 

4 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Never taken a drug in my life, seriously degrading shit if you ask me. Each to there own like but the sight of 50+ year old fellas scuttling off to the shithouse to snort fuck knows up there hooters makes me cringe.

Not all drugs are cocaine, I’ve had some awesome and some terrifying times on psychedelics, on balance I wouldn’t swap those times for a drug-free past. I gained a much deeper empathy for others and understanding of what is and isn’t important, experiences over 20 years ago are still important today.

As you sayto each their own, and I wouldn’t force anything on anyone, but if you drink coffee or alcohol you’re ingesting a mind-altering substance, the limits and labels are defined by society.

reminds me of the time my mates ma posted on Facebook she was loving chemical free cleaning using lemon juice and bicarbonate of soda.

• Upvote 1