You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

And you seriously think Klopp will stand aside if chelsea made a public move for van Dijk? Maybe its not me who's mad.

Didn't work for us with Willian and Salah the last couple of times tho mate unfortunately. It's an incredibly risky move to say the least.

Didn't work for us with Willian and Salah the last couple of times tho mate unfortunately. It's an incredibly risky move to say the least.

Willian told Gerrard LFC couldnt offer him CL football hence why he wouldnt sign for us. A younger Salah had his head turned by mourinho saying how much he wanted to sign him.

Other than that.....

Willian told Gerrard LFC couldnt offer him CL football hence why he wouldnt sign for us. A younger Salah had his head turned by mourinho saying how much he wanted to sign him.

Other than that.....

Chelsea are in the CL, Conte is a world class manager and we aren't in the CL (yet) so not much has changed from then.

Chelsea are in the CL, Conte is a world class manager and we aren't in the CL (yet) so not much has changed from then.

Oh I guess van Dijk must have missed that 8 weeks ago when he was briefing the press he only wanted to come to Liverpool.

Oh I guess van Dijk must have missed that 8 weeks ago when he was briefing the press he only wanted to come to Liverpool.

Precisely my point isn't it? We are struggling to seal the deal even when we're the only club in the contest... imagine when another club e.g., Chelsea get involved?

Werent they Champions of England 8 weeks ago!?

While I still think he will sign for us, I bet he thought he would be a Liverpool player by now. He's burnt his bridges there and I hope he stands firm but if Southampton stand firm then he may take another offer, a lot can change in a short time in transfers.

I'll go along with others that I think he's wanting the door open for Chelsea so we can then get involved. 

• Upvote 1

This was before we fucked the whole deal up, pissed off the selling club, possibly left the player high and dry and published a grovelling apology ending our interest

But the interest from Chelsea seems more realistic now with Conte saying he needs to add a few players to his squad and a CB is one of them,we'll see but nothing is secure until he signs on the dotted and no one is a certainty with this lot doing the negotiating.

It's incredible how they don't have a viable option amongst the 20,000 other centre backs they've stockpiled and/or sold.