You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

Its scandalous and its not the only one, the fail is a fucking disgrace too. Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott should sue the cunts!

They can.  And, no doubt, The Scum will also have to print an apology (tucked away at the bottom of page 17) in about 6 months time.

It will give Prime Minister may something to chuckle about when she reads it; it might also prompt her to send a Thank You card to Murdoch, the evil old cunt that she serves.

To be honest I think Corbyn has got off pretty lightly compared to what I was expecting. I thought he'd be subjected to weeks of this, not just a few days at the end of the campaign. I suspect the terror attacks have made the Tories and the tabloids reluctant to go to town on him on the alleged terrorist links in the way they'd have wanted to.

Corbyn's been getting this 'terrorist' shit for weeks, but beyond the core Tory/UKIP base it's not playing. Plenty of feedback from the doorstep that barely anyone is asking about it, and most seem more interested in policies. That's why he's gained ground personally and gone from negative to positive ratings. Thats why the rag and Mail are going fully-mental tomorrow. They've nothing left in the tank.

I used to think these cunts could get away with printing what shit they liked. But aftee the Hillsborough findings and hacked off pressure I hope the tide may be turning.

The turnaround below came from a single complaint, which gives some hope.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/press/the-sun-told-to-put-apology-to-jeremy-corbyn-on-front-page-a6782181.html

I'm from Liverpool so might struggle to find copies in shops, but I'm going on a cover up with other papers mission tomorrow for the Mail and that cunt rag.

I might even shame myself and buy the fucker, every copy in whatever shop sells it, and get it straight where it belongs - in the fucking bin.

It's a one off jusified compromise on your morals, for the greater good.

Cunts.

• Upvote 2

Hopefully the police help Corbyn out and give the rag a slating fomorrow.

They did, the country's top police officer made a swinging comment about polive cuts directly after the London terrorist incident but all the main media outlets buried it.

I don't think the Daily Fail and the rag will have the type of effect they normally would have. The media has been exposed in this election like no other, and it should be obvious to enough people now that those two shitty outlets have been peddling completely over the top crap day after day. Labour have a leader more genuine than they've had in a long time who's been getting better the closer we get to election day, and the Tories have been having a nightmare of an election for some time now.

It's like a flip of the US election in some ways, with the left having the underdog and a lot of popular support instead of the Republicans, and the right who've been in power for years and having a total shambles of a campaign instead of the Dems. There's also a big desire for change across the country and the Tories have created a lot of shit in recent years.

From the US election I remember that Bill Mitchell (I regularly checked what he was saying because he was showing how the poll weighting was biased in favour of Dems) who predicted a Trump win weeks before the election date would often say something like : "This is a change election", which was why he was sure Trump would win. He also thought that those who hadn't decided until late would mostly vote for the candidate that represented (what they thought would be) change. People wanted something different to the same shit that'd been going on for years. That same type of effect might play out here, and you could also say that same desire for change also decided the outcome of Brexit.

Labour have some other advantages too : some of the media are showing some support for Corbyn instead of near total one-sided media in the US election, Corbyn isn't a lying fraudster like Trump was, and he's able to make a lot more sense than Trump could. To the point that his opponent didn't dare debate with him.

So some media propaganda on the last day won't dictate the outcome I don't think. A lot of the media has been trashed and their bias exposed, most people have probably taken their sides already, and a big number of those that haven't chosen yet might decide to vote for some actual change.

The one we have all been waiting for. Bob Geldof has announced he is voting liberal.

Stronts (who no doubt hated the the self serving cunt for the past 30 years) is blaring out I don't like Mondays like it's a work of art.

I like Sir Bob and always have. Even seen him live at the Royal Court. Rat Trap was number one when I was born.

So there.

• Upvote 1

Corbyn's been getting this 'terrorist' shit for weeks, but beyond the core Tory/UKIP base it's not playing. Plenty of feedback from the doorstep that barely anyone is asking about it, and most seem more interested in policies. That's why he's gained ground personally and gone from negative to positive ratings. Thats why the rag and Mail are going fully-mental tomorrow. They've nothing left in the tank.

On the front pages? That's what I was referring to. I haven't paid close attention to the S*n and the Mail when I'm in the shops, but when I have glanced at them I don't recall seeing many if any putting the boot in over terrorism in the way they're doing today. I was expecting that kind of hatchet job on the cover every other day.

As regards people not bringing the subject up on the doorstep, I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of voters who have nagging concerns in the back of their mind but shy away from raising a potentially inflammatory issue when they've got a friendly smiling Labour activist standing in front of them. That kind of thing tends to come out in the polling booth rather than on the doorstep.

Besides the really shitty wooden performance and that jingle at the end two things stand out to me, 1: he can't get a jacket that fits properly and 2: that is probably due to the fact he has sloping shoulders that have clearly never done a days proper work in his fucking life.

Additionally I think he looks a bit noncey as well.

Brilliant. He's fucked up with the shade of blue on his tie, but redeems himself by obviously Photoshopping his picture at the end to make him look younger, while leaving May's picture wrinkled.

What the actual fuck?!

Is it a Tory ploy to prove they aren't overspending on election costs? I reckon this was shot, and edited by those kids and Saul Goodman, 80$ all in.

He spoke to the Torygraph about his video yesterday : 'I never aspired to be an Alan Partridge', says Tory candidate after his election broadcast goes viral

The Guardian did an article on him too (here) and it has a link to my new favourite version :

Greg Knight Appealing to the Streets

One more on "Sir" Greg then I'll leave it for the time being, from the local paper on the 30th :

Sir Greg Knight's rivals baffled by general election no-show as they stand for East Yorkshire MP

K7ih8rw.jpg

Labours Allan Clark and Lib Dems Carl Minns outside Greg Knight's office in Pocklington

They seek him here, they seek him there.

But so far Sir Greg Knight's rivals haven't been able to find him anywhere.

Three weeks into the general election campaign, the current Conservative MP for East Yorkshire appears to be living up to his parliamentary nickname of Silent Knight.

According to other candidates standing in the constituency, he's yet to be spotted on the campaign trail.

"The only time I've seen Greg is on a video link someone sent me," said Labour's Alan Clark. "I've invited him to debate with me any time, any place but so far nothing."

In Pocklington, Mr Clark and a group of Labour activists even set up stall outside Sir Greg's office in Market Place. "We've parked our tank on his lawn so he can't miss us," said Mr Clark, who is also a city councillor in Hull.

Outside the office, he is joined by Liberal Democrat candidate Carl Minns and a slightly smaller band of supporters.

"Alan and I tend to bump into each other going from town to town, village to village but I haven't seen Greg yet," Mr Minns said. "One of the recurring themes I'm picking up on the doorstep is how people never see their MP."

The only hustings event in the constituency next week in Bridlington will feature all but one of the candidates contesting the seat. "I've been told Greg has a prior appointment which is a pity," said Mr Clark.

Defending a 14,933 majority, Sir Greg possibly doesn't need to be as visible as those trying to unseat him.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sir-greg-knight-s-rivals-baffled-by-general-election-no-show-as-they-stand-for-east-yorkshire-mp/story-30361599-detail/story.html

Funny video, but sounds like a complete twat of a man.

We'd laugh at this type of front page if it was anywhere else. The sad thing is I doubt your average Mail reader even knows who Dacre is.

I'm less concerned about the likes of the Daily Mail. How many Labour minded voters actually read it? It's the default right of center bias put out by the likes of the BBC which annoys me.

• Upvote 1