You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

U-turn on withdrawing from the ECHR to combat terrorism which will play well to the dickheads - despite security experts claiming that there is absolutely no need to change Human Rights legislation. Guardian claims that the Sun says Facebook, Twitter, Google & YouTube should be shut down until all jihadi filth is removed from them. Again, plays well to the dickheads, until it actually happens and they can't post mundanities or watch cat videos

U-turn on withdrawing from the ECHR to combat terrorism which will play well to the dickheads - despite security experts claiming that there is absolutely no need to change Human Rights legislation. Guardian claims that the Sun says Facebook, Twitter, Google & YouTube should be shut down until all jihadi filth is removed from them. Again, plays well to the dickheads, until it actually happens and they can't post mundanities or watch cat videos

I touched on this on the other thread. What's happening IMO is that when wealth becomes increasingly unequal it causes dissent from the bottom, so it's usually kept down with strong institutions like the military and police.

But because the neo-cons can't help but gut everything, neither of those organisations are any longer capable of performing that task, so the only weapons they've got is propaganda and shutting down any rival narratives. That's why on both sides of the Atlantic they've been attacking what they see as non-freidnly news organisations and are praying for any chance they can get to regulate the Internet - they quite simply no longer have the tools to keep people down. 

That's the ironic thing about the right, because it's so short term it's ultimately self destructive, sooner or later it will financially destroy the very things that keep it in power. 

• Upvote 1

I'm going to buy 3 or 4 copies of all the worst ones and put them in the bin tomorrow. Better yet, if you're in the supermarket then grab a pile and stick them under an aisle.

I routinely do this in my local paper shop.  I put them behind local papers that never get picked up.

Havent bought a paper in about 12 months now and I used to buy at one time 3 a day they are mostly fucking rags especially the Scum with the Daily Nazi not far behind.

The days of the press as a dominant force in the lives of the young are on the wane imo .

Facebook and Twitter for all there faults have more of an impact on the young than most of the rags in circulation.

Guest Pistonbroke

I see Boris Johnson was having a pop at Rudd. Is this the start of some new leadership battle within the Tory party? 

Been listening to BBC 5live since 7am today, absolutely shocking. Not exaggerating to say it's been 90% anti-Labour /Corbyn. Didn't realise until today it was quite this bad.

Me too. Thats where i am getting it from. I just hope millions of 18-25 year olds use social media and not 5 live. Pretty much everyone they have interviewed and is voting Tory has been a thick, ignorant mong. 

Me too. Thats where i am getting it from. I just hope millions of 18-25 year olds use social media and not 5 live. Pretty much everyone they have interviewed and is voting Tory has been a thick, ignorant mong.

Absolutely.

More concerning though is the presenters quashing and interrupting nearly all criticism of May while letting anyone anti-Corbyn wax lyrical to their hearts content. And nearly all the answers to

questions they have asked which challenge May are being twisted back round to Corbyn criticism, and they're just allowing it to happen. Absolutely disgusting.

That twat Jeremy Vine has just tweeted that it's the 1st time a sitting PM has refused to do an interview with Radio 2 I just tweeted back and yet the Bbc are still arse licking the Tories amazing! !!

She's able to get away with it because the self serving cunts making decisions are Torys. She may as well have just went to fucking sleep for a few months. Nothing would be different. The media would campaign for her regardless.

She's able to get away with it because the self serving cunts making decisions are Torys. She may as well have just went to fucking sleep for a few months. Nothing would be different. The media would campaign for her regardless.

Very true , wouldn't it be brilliant if the polls got it spectacularly wrong and Corbyn ends up as the PM Friday morning can't see it myself but however he does tomorrow he certainly deserves another crack at it his campaign has been 1st class

That twat Jeremy Vine has just tweeted that it's the 1st time a sitting PM has refused to do an interview with Radio 2 I just tweeted back and yet the Bbc are still arse licking the Tories amazing! !!

To be fair I'm not happy about being on the same continent as Jeremy Vine let alone in the same room. 

While amusing this article actually has a point and is why Corbyn has been quite successful in running a campaign that overall has been positive and offers a positive vision of the future. I agree with what Sec has been posting lately, it looks like Conservatism has run out of ideas, they aren't even hiding the fact that things will get worse for the majority population and they are there to ensure that they will administer things so that they are even more painful. Sort of like someone poking you in the eye while you're having your teeth pulled.

It has been the strategy from the outset. They know she is a liability when left to speak. She is a trembling nervous wreck who can only utter rehearsed soundbites.

They are banking on Corbyn being hated by the middle ground and her being able to scramble home with an increased majority.

General election 2017: Making sense of the final polls By John Curtice 

There is one crucial statistic to keep in your mind in the next few days.

At the last election in 2015 the Conservatives were seven points ahead of Labour in the national vote and that secured them an overall majority of 12. 

So, any poll that puts the Conservative lead at six points or less is suggesting that the Conservatives will be less far ahead of Labour than two years ago - and, consequently, could potentially be at risk of losing their overall majority