You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke(a) match thread

LFC 6 Times

Lovren is pure mediocrity. His one year at Southampton was the only season in his career that could be remotely described as quality. He was calamitous at Lyon and he's been average at best here.

Not sure about being a quality guy either. He left Southampton under almost the same amount of ignominy as Sterling left us. If he was actually good and the world's best clubs were after him he'd probably do the same to us. 

Lovren is pure mediocrity. His one year at Southampton was the only season in his career that could be remotely described as quality. He was calamitous at Lyon and he's been average at best here.

Not sure about being a quality guy either. He left Southampton under almost the same amount of ignominy as Sterling left us. If he was actually good and the world's best clubs were after him he'd probably do the same to us.

Yeah, yeah. And mignolet is the worst keeper in the PL etc. etc.

If Lovren was at any of the other top clubs over here or abroad, you'd be jizzing your kecks over him.

Yeah, yeah. And mignolet is the worst keeper in the PL etc. etc.

If Lovren was at any of the other top clubs over here or abroad, you'd be jizzing your kecks over him.

For a period of time, Mignolet was definitely one of the worst keepers in the league.

As for Lovren, you like him and you have every right to. I like plenty of mediocre players as well for a variety of different reasons, but Lovren simply isn't a good defender. Maybe if you put him in a more conservative side he would look solid, but the same goes for every defender. 

Lovren was terrible today, he looked like had a bet on Stoke. He's not good enough long term.

Every time he gets an extended run in the team, in a settled partnership, he looks irrefutably top class.

People expect him to perform at that level in every instance; sometimes it's just not possible.

He was far from being terrible today. Sure, he made a few mistakes, but that's football. Find me a defender in a team as open as ours who doesn't make mistakes from time to time.

• Upvote 1

Every time he gets an extended run in the team, in a settled partnership, he looks irrefutably top class.

People expect him to perform at that level in every instance; sometimes it's just not possible.

He was far from being terrible today. Sure, he made a few mistakes, but that's football. Find me a defender in a team as open as ours who doesn't make mistakes from time to time.

It was a dreadful performance. He lunged in and missed the ball a number of times, including when we were defending the lead. I'm still not sure what the hell he was doing teeing up Arnautovic for that chance in the first half.

If we delude ourselves into thinking he's good enough to be first choice, we'll continue to ship 50 goals a season.

• Upvote 1

Just got back from the game. Fuck me.. Stoke is fucking rough. Took the bus from the Brittania to the station, some 50 year old burly neanderthal with his two younger boys tried to start me and my mate, calling us scouse gobshites... probably because my mate sounds a bit 'northern' (he's from Blackpool). My mate just kept telling him to calm down, and the man kept going, in front of his lads... as we were walking away, he told him "just because you lost 2-1", and they went mental... him and the two boys... when we got off the bus they were waiting for us, the dad tried to kick my mate and missed, and we were just laughing it off, and all of a sudden another random knobhead tried to take a swing at my mate, and he missed and fell face first into the floor... and we just continued walking... dumbfounded by how surreal the whole situation was. The state of the fucking place.

Bad wool behaviour

What a masterclass by the main man Jurgen Klopp. If we get rid of this guy because bitchy whiny cunts on forums are talking shit then I am done with football and you can just go and stick it right up your fucking big smelly arseholes.

Good man.

• Upvote 1

This thread would be twice as long if we...etc.

We looked frighteningly lacking in quality at times. It's only the genius of Klopp that has us above the Mancs and in with a chance of top 4 with six games left to play.

Firmino is like the forward Lucas, smart and his timing of tackles and headers is perfect but lacking pace and clinical finishing he will never score enough to be a starter for a title-winning club. We should be putting 4's and 5's past teams every week with the chances we create.

• Upvote 1

There's still no reason to start the match with a defensive 5-3-2 formation. The team was so stretched there were no support for our attackers at all. Even without Cou and Firmino he could and should apporach the game differently. This 5-3-2 nonsense has to stop. It's just basic sense and I'm baffled Kloppo went for this after Wednesdays collape against B'mouth

Well done changing it in time but still lucky to get away with it.

Like I said I'm just guessing here but 5 defenders in theory would mean your less likely to concede because you've got more of them on the field and we wanted to keep it tight until we could get them on the pitch, Coutinho went in ill in the morning so the formation was a last minute thing and probably hasn't been practiced that much if at all, also I'd guess Coutinho would have started if he wasn't too ill and been brought off for Firmino so at least one of them was on with Origi.

Klopps hand seems forced in this so I don't really get why people are complaining about the formation and tactics it's not like he's dropped them and decided to play Woodburn. Imagine playing with our back 4, who concede a lot anyway against a team who realise without Firmino or Coutinho we have virtually no goal threat, they'd be bombarding our shite defence all game, they'd probably have scored about 5 by the time we could bring them on if we didn't sort of shut up shop. We won, be happy.

Lovren reminds me of Susan Sarandon.

Google her and 9/10 people will know her name just from her face. She's been around for a long time and always timing in around halfway through people's conversations about Hollywood. Susan will work until she croaks it.

But when it's a lazy Sunday, you flick on ITV4, see Susan Sarandon's little face on a grainy picture and think, 'Ahhhh, Susan...'. But sinking back into your chair, something will hit you. Scene by scene, you'll think: 'That wasn't great...', 'Bit strange, that' - and slowly, but surely - with every over-acted move or poorly delivered bit of dialogue - you'll start to realise that she's not good in this film. Then you'll start thinking about her career, and the coffee cup will drop: she's never actually been good in anything! That the idea of Susan Sarandon is much better than Susan Sarandon. You'll think about telling everybody of your discovery; letting the world know that Sarandon is a lie.

And then you'll stop and think. It's too late. We've been in bed with Susan too long, and we've got more to lose if we out her now. Let's just quietly let her exist, look good from a distance, and hope nobody notices.

Lovren.

• Upvote 6

Google her and 9/10 people will know her name just from her face. She's been around for a long time and always timing in around halfway through people's conversations about Hollywood. Susan will work until she croaks it.

But when it's a lazy Sunday, you flick on ITV4, see Susan Sarandon's little face on a grainy picture and think, 'Ahhhh, Susan...'. But sinking back into your chair, something will hit you. Scene by scene, you'll think: 'That wasn't great...', 'Bit strange, that' - and slowly, but surely - with every over-acted move or poorly delivered bit of dialogue - you'll start to realise that she's not good in this film. Then you'll start thinking about her career, and the coffee cup will drop: she's never actually been good in anything! That the idea of Susan Sarandon is much better than Susan Sarandon. You'll think about telling everybody of your discovery; letting the world know that Sarandon is a lie.

And then you'll stop and think. It's too late. We've been in bed with Susan too long, and we've got more to lose if we out her now. Let's just quietly let her exist, look good from a distance, and hope nobody notices.

Lovren.

Yeah but sarandon had a great body and Id fuck her any day of the week so Im in (her).

• Downvote 1

Just got back from the game. Fuck me.. Stoke is fucking rough. Took the bus from the Brittania to the station, some 50 year old burly neanderthal with his two younger boys tried to start me and my mate, calling us scouse gobshites... probably because my mate sounds a bit 'northern' (he's from Blackpool). My mate just kept telling him to calm down, and the man kept going, in front of his lads... as we were walking away, he told him "just because you lost 2-1", and they went mental... him and the two boys... when we got off the bus they were waiting for us, the dad tried to kick my mate and missed, and we were just laughing it off, and all of a sudden another random knobhead tried to take a swing at my mate, and he missed and fell face first into the floor... and we just continued walking... dumbfounded by how surreal the whole situation was. The state of the fucking place.

Other than than, a great win. Horrible first half, but excellent second half. Can and Wijnaldum bossed it. Firmino and Coutinho were too much for Stoke to handle.

That's the real England. What gives you fancy dan foreigners stuck in your London bubble the right to look down on true Brits like those boys? You make me sick. Fuck off back to the EU.

• Upvote 1

Pretty much agree with this,but I can only judge his time at Liverpool as I haven't seen him play anywhere anywhere else.

Was it Lovren who just ignored Walters being in front of Mignolet two yards out from goal yesterday when he scored? Whoever it was it was shocking.

Lovren.

Funnily enough I was about use that same analogy.
  • Upvote 3