You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Odd things you do that you wonder if anyone else does

I sing to my dog and change the lyrics.

So instead of "I'm just mad about saffron, saffrons mad about me, they call me mellow yellow" as I heard that earlier.

It became "I'm just mad about tilly, tillys mad me, they call her big and brown dog"

Quite rightly.
  • Upvote 3

I sing to my dog and change the lyrics.

So instead of "I'm just mad about saffron, saffrons mad about me, they call me mellow yellow" as I heard that earlier.

It became "I'm just mad about tilly, tillys mad me, they call her big and brown dog"

My Mrs constantly talks to the dog in a stupid baby voice, it drives me nuts. Even odder that she never did it when the kids were little.  

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

In the swimming pool, or indeed the sea, I'm always on tippy toes when I'm at least waist deep. And I'm always asking myself why I'm doing it and I never know. I might put my feet flat on the bottom to show myself I can, but find myself back on tippy toes again within ten seconds. What's all that about? 

And teaspoons. Don't get me started. I make a cup of tea, and then rinse the teaspoon slightly and put it just hanging off the drainer so the spoon bit dries. I can keep a teaspoon going for days like that. It gets layers of tannin on it (why?) and still I'll dutifully rinse it and hang it off the drainer. The dishwasher cleans it up no problem. We have no shortage of teaspoons. 

Mr rb14 does a cup of tea and doesn't rinse it and puts it completely on the drainer, tea-covered spoon right way up, creating a gecky tea mess. I could swing for him. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I leave my meat till last when eating anything with meat obviously. 

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Doesn't everyone do that?

I will always leave at least some of the meat (or whatever is the ‘best’ thing on the plate) until last, making absolutely sure that the final mouthful is the nicest stuff on the plate. Sometimes that might not only be the meat. A beef roast dinner for example will end with a forkful of beef and Yorkshire pudding, maybe even a small bit of roast potato. I try to end a full breakfast with a bit of bacon, a bit of sausage and a bit of egg making up the final mouthful. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I don't , I have a friend who eats everything on the plate one by one and it sends me around the bend.

My boy is like that. It's a bit weird. Still he's technically an adult now, it's too late to return him. Anyway, I lost the receipt and, if I'm honest, I've grown quite attached to the little weirdo. 

• Upvote 1