You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

You really are a stupid bellwhiff, arent you? This is what your mate funnnnneeee used as an argument. And seeing as you got confused about all the meanings of 'argument' previously I suggest you look it up this time instead of spouting your usual bollocks.

Do yourself a favour and learn the meaning of context.

Ratcatcher - do one dickhead!

You fucking boring blert

• Upvote 2

33 days left. Is that enough time for our club to identify alternatives and then negotiate a deal. It's a difficult ask especially when every single person from cleaner to owner is focussing on the qualifiers.

C'mon Liverpool throw a bit of optimism for a new season our way just this once.

33 days left. Is that enough time for our club to identify alternatives and then negotiate a deal. It's a difficult ask especially when every single person from cleaner to owner is focussing on the qualifiers.

C'mon Liverpool throw a bit of optimism for a new season our way just this once.

When you think klopp told us when the season finished our deals for the summer were already progressing well, it would feel starting again and finishing in a month would be impossible.

When you think klopp told us when the season finished our deals for the summer were already progressing well, it would feel starting again and finishing in a month would be impossible.

Do they have to start over or did they anticipate they might not get their first choices?  It'd be pretty dumb to assume otherwise.

Do they have to start over or did they anticipate they might not get their first choices? It'd be pretty dumb to assume otherwise.

Everything we've done during the transfer window for years indicates we are pretty dumb, I'd bet my life we've not started with any of the alternatives, if we even have any. If we'd have been speaking to other payers agents, it would be all over the press as those agents would be trying to create a market for their player.

Everything we've done during the transfer window for years indicates we are pretty dumb, I'd bet my life we've not started with any of the alternatives, if we even have any. If we'd have been speaking to other payers agents, it would be all over the press as those agents would be trying to create a market for their player.

I doubt they'd be all the way back to identifying alternatives, but I have to admit, there isn't much evidence to the contrary!

If this club seriously went into the summer with identifying more than two targets, then they are inept beyond belief. And that includes Klopp.

This is why the line "well what are we supposed to do if clubs don't sell" holds no fucking water. If one player isn't available, you find a fucking alternative. We finished fourth, barely, and have an embarrassingly thin squad - we are not Real Madrid. There are literally hundreds of players that would improve us.

I don't think we have alternatives though, because every window thus far has followed this same pattern. How many players has Klopp identified as the "one and only must have", and then never even bothered to go back for them?

If Keita is so great why didn't we try sign him after Dembele fell through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I find it hard to believe that one minute we are willing to spend over 100 million on two targets in crucial positions that need filling. Then next we are being told that if we don't get them we can still manage without.

It doesn't add up does it? Surely to want to break the world record fee for a defender it means that you are pretty fucking determined to get a top class player for that position, otherwise why target the player in the first place?

I'm most annoyed about the fact it's taken over a month for us to realise Southampton and Leipzig weren't joking when they said they weren't selling for any price.

I find it hard to believe that one minute we are willing to spend over 100 million on two targets in crucial positions that need filling. Then next we are being told that if we don't get them we can still manage without.

It doesn't add up does it? Surely to want to break the world record fee for a defender it means that you are pretty fucking determined to get a top class player for that position, otherwise why target the player in the first place?

I'm most annoyed about the fact it's taken over a month for us to realise Southampton and Leipzig weren't joking when they said they weren't selling for any price.

It's actually taken us over 6 months. We identified them both in January.

You know where to hand your ST in if you all want to put your dissatisfaction into some meaningful context.

If you're not willing to make a stand then the club will never give a shit.

To them, you're willing to pay to watch Andy Robertson at left back and Firmino up front.

If this club seriously went into the summer with identifying more than two targets, then they are inept beyond belief. And that includes Klopp.

This is why the line "well what are we supposed to do if clubs don't sell" holds no fucking water. If one player isn't available, you find a fucking alternative. We finished fourth, barely, and have an embarrassingly thin squad - we are not Real Madrid. There are literally hundreds of players that would improve us.

I don't think we have alternatives though, because every window thus far has followed this same pattern. How many players has Klopp identified as the "one and only must have", and then never even bothered to go back for them?

If Keita is so great why didn't we try sign him after Dembele fell through?

No one had any idea that Mane and Wijnaldum were targets last year. Also, Keita is a midfielder and Dembele is a winger. 

You know where to hand your ST in if you all want to put your dissatisfaction into some meaningful context.

If you're not willing to make a stand then the club will never give a shit.

To them, you're willing to pay to watch Andy Robertson at left back and Firmino up front.

I'm deleting my cricfree bookmark in protest.

• Upvote 1

Galatasaray’s sporting director Cenk Ergun has confirmed that the Turkish club are in talks with Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini.

Fellaini, who would become the highest paid member of the Galatasaray squad if the deal goes ahead, is allowed to leave Old Trafford for the right price.

“There will be surprises, we are in talks with Fellaini,” Ergun was quoted as saying by Turkish-Football after the Lions training session in Austria on Sunday.

“We have made an approach, we are close and if we get Fellaini we will end our pursuit of N’Diaye.

“We need a player like Fellaini who can shuttle around in midfield.”

The Istanbul club are aiming for the transfer to be completed by Tuesday if everything goes to plan.

"Well Marouane, here are your best bits"

7bb175c2abbb7e54b46a1637819106d4.480x272

deployed here in a role that required him to hare repeatedly down the touchline towards the corner flag, skinny legs pumping desperately, looming above his pursuers like a very brave, sad, cartoon dandelion being chased by a gang of malevolent Lego men.
  • Upvote 4