You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Lol

'STURRIDGE LIKE TWO NEW SIGNINGS'

"World class" Daniel Sturridge will be like two new signings for Liverpool if he can stay fit, says Adam Lallana.

"Studge has been absolutely brilliant in pre-season so far," Lallana told the Telegraph. "You couldn't put a price on him.

"He is a world class player. He has come back from the summer looking absolutely brilliant, so fit. He is going to be a massive player for us this season. I can feel it.

"He is looking really sharp and to have him firing on all cylinders would be like having two new signings if we can keep on the pitch and get him scoring goals."

• Upvote 2

Lol

"World class" Daniel Sturridge will be like two new signings for Liverpool if he can stay fit, says Adam Lallana.

"Studge has been absolutely brilliant in pre-season so far," Lallana told the Telegraph. "You couldn't put a price on him.

"He is a world class player. He has come back from the summer looking absolutely brilliant, so fit. He is going to be a massive player for us this season. I can feel it.

"He is looking really sharp and to have him firing on all cylinders would be like having two new signings if we can keep on the pitch and get him scoring goals."

As soon as the window shuts he's crocked again. Just watch.

I heard we're waiting for the outcome of the Mayweather vs Mcgregor fight.

If Mcgregor wins then it proves he can transcend sports, and Klopp heard that he played a bit of football as an amateur so he has enough relevant experience.

The recent video where he said "I'm Liverpool, Fuck Everton! " is a blatant come and get me plea if ever I saw one.

As soon as the window shuts he's crocked again. Just watch.

By Nov he'll go down and he'll come back January (I think he has hardly played a league game for us in December since we signed him) be out soon after until March

Here are his December injuries since 12/13:

12/13 - Nov 20 - Dec 27

13/14 - Nov 27 - Jan 8

14/15 - Nov 18 - Jan 28

15/16 - Dec 7 - Jan 17

16/17 - Nov 23 - Dec 18

I reckon he must have job working as a santa in a grotto somewhere.

By Nov he'll go down and he'll come back January (I think he has hardly played a league game for us in December since we signed him) be out soon after until March

Here are his December injuries since 12/13:

12/13 - Nov 20 - Dec 27

13/14 - Nov 27 - Jan 8

14/15 - Nov 18 - Jan 28

15/16 - Dec 7 - Jan 17

16/17 - Nov 23 - Dec 18

I reckon he must have job working as a santa in a grotto somewhere.

Everyone loves a break over Xmas

Not being funny but I got FM17 mobile on friday for £2.99 and by Sunday evening I'd signed VVD and Ricardo Rodriguez for under £60m . I won the league, FA and League cups and signed Keita for £15m in the summer and Renato Sanches on a free season loan with an option to buy. 

FSG are shit

All very well and good but did you make a profit?

Stop the world I wanna get off!!!!!!

Neymar is already trying to recruit Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho to join Paris Saint-Germain, reports Spanish newspaper Sport.

They claim Neymar, who is still a Barcelona player but has been heavily linked with a move to PSG, is texting Coutinho on WhatsApp to encourage his international team-mate to join him at the Parc des Princes.

The two players have known each other since the age of 14 when they both played youth football in Brazil.

Coutinho has been linked with Barcelona as a potential replacement for Neymar

Lol

"World class" Daniel Sturridge will be like two new signings for Liverpool if he can stay fit, says Adam Lallana.

"Studge has been absolutely brilliant in pre-season so far," Lallana told the Telegraph. "You couldn't put a price on him.

Top trolling by Big Adam.

He'll be telling us tomorrow that we haven't seen the best of Alberto Moreno.

When did we start adding lost finals and semi finals to the honours list?

Once again. I never said we did?

You can see why people like me get pissed off here mate - when you, and a few others just infer whatever you feel like from our posts? 4 times in the last pages I have had to answer points that I never made! 

I'm not sticking up for FSG, far from it, but I do disagree with a fair bit of the shit that gets thrown their way. 

Neymar is already trying to recruit Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho to join Paris Saint-Germain, reports Spanish newspaper Sport.

They claim Neymar, who is still a Barcelona player but has been heavily linked with a move to PSG, is texting Coutinho on WhatsApp to encourage his international team-mate to join him at the Parc des Princes.

The two players have known each other since the age of 14 when they both played youth football in Brazil.

Trying to save a few pennies on texting in case his £500m deal doesn't go through.

• Upvote 1

Once again. I never said we did?

You can see why people like me get pissed off here - when you, and a few others just infer whatever you feel like from our posts? 4 times in the last pages I have had to answer points that I never made! 

Do you need a hug mate?

So which one are you believing? 

There's a bit too much negativity on here for me - not at anyone in particular, but just a certain malaise over the forum.

As a club we are on the up. We all know the score - we've not won the league for 27 years and the trophies have dried up in the last decade. However...

We were trying to finish top four last season to boost our prospects and become relevant again at the top table. We achieved the goal. While it's not what we used to be, it is a good step in the right direction. We have only qualified for the CL twice in the last eight years. So I'm choosing to see what's good.

In addition Klopp is a very good manager. He manages the players very well and has a clear idea about how he wants the team to play. He's a big enough person to not be bullied by anyone in the game, and he can hold his ground on behalf of Liverpool Football Club with aplomb. He's rich and media savvy and all the rest of it, but he hasn't managed to forget that he's a normal bloke, unlike some managers we could name.

The big drag at the moment is the signings we haven't made yet. Let's look at what we have done first. Salah hasn't played a competitive game for us yet so we can't go overboard, but that lad looks like he will add loads to our attack this coming season. Pace, goals, assists. Bring it on.

Solanke is a low key signing but he is doing very well so far, and he could surprise us. Robertson adds balance in a needed area at left back, and though he is unheralded we shouldn't judge too soon. Klopp has an eye for a player.

OK, we all know we need more depth. We played really well but ran out of steam last time, though we rallied and showed good grit and determination to finish top four when much of the fan base had written us off for a top four finish after a bad winter. In any sport you will go much further if you can dig deep, and the steel we showed towards the end to keep Man Utd and Arsenal at bay will augur well for the future.

So what about a bit more depth? Well, we don't just need bodies. We need very good players. Two top players, VVD and Keita, or nearest equivalents, would sway the mood on here enormously. It's too sooon to lament what might have been when work is still ongoing and the window is still open.

It's not perfect, but I don't see reason to be nearly as down as the mood of much of the forum.

Cheer up!

• Upvote 3

Good post Rev the mood is down imo not because of how long we have left in the transfer window but our previous record under FSG in transfer window's in recent years as well as interviews from Henderson recently saying the squad depth is good and Lallana yesterday saying a fit Sturridge is like two new signings is fooling nobody.

If we get VVD and Keita in and hold onto Couthino ill be buzzing for the new season to start.

Lol

This reminds me of the scene as Rowan leads Sgt Howie out on the beach head in the Wicker Man.

- "Did I do it right"?

- "You did it beautifully, Adam".

Welcome fools.......

It's not perfect, but I don't see reason to be nearly as down as the mood of much of the forum.

Cheer up!

No offence G, but as I see it, your main reasons for being positive we're finishing top 4 which was last season, in a league where everyone is strengthening, and bringing in 2 top players like VVD and Keita, which we probably won't.

It all hinges on this window, and whether we push on again or struggle to fight it out with 6 teams for 4 places again all depends on if we can get top players in, IMO.

I like your positivity though, so I'm going to try my best to use it somehow.