You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who are the best live act you've ever seen

Bjornebye

Prodigy at Manchester Apollo

Returned to add the Prodigy.  I can't imagine seeing them at the Apollo at all but I saw them at GMEX in 1997, pretty much a perfect venue for them although I'd have preferred the Academy and they were fucking amazing.

Saw Public Enemy at the Academy, they were pretty good.  Also saw Senser there a couple of times, as well as other venues in Manchester and they were a great live act.

• Upvote 3

Just remembering some more good 'uns:

1. The Beastie Boys at Madison Square Garden

2. A Tribe Called Quest at the same

3. Rage Against The Machine at Glastonbury

4. Public Enemy at the GMEX

5. U2 (and I'm so not a U2 fan) with Lou Reed

More:

1. Lambchop at The Neptune in town

2. Ghostface at The Kazimier in town

3. Jerry Dammers and The Spacial AKA Arkestra at The Phil

4. Incognito with Omar and Carleen Anderson at The Music Room at The Phil

5. Soul II Soul at The Fridge in Brixton

• Upvote 1

Christ, remembering loads now: The Stone Roses, Oasis, Bjork, The Sugarcubes, The Wedding Present, Happy Mondays, The Orb, Orbital, Stereo MCs, Pulp, Pop Will Eat Itself, The Wonderstuff, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, World of Twist, De La Soul, The Heritage Orchestra.

• Upvote 1

Bowie and Inxs at the royal court in the 90's were pure quality. Also, the LA's were really good too. Think they played half the album twice.

Primal scream when they brought Screamadelica out were superb.

More recently, the only one I can say blew me away was McCartney at the echo a few christmases ago. Don't think he even stopped for a drink in the 3 hours he was on

I saw Snuff in some Irish bar in town (Guinans?). It was boss. The bar staff were getting well pissed off with everyone climbing onto the bar to dive off. Nobody does a better version of the Shake 'n' Vac advert.

I haven't seen them since 1990/1991, I think. They played the New Inn in Dublin are were great. I bought the first Therapy? single at that show, never having heard of them. They too were an excellent live band in those days, with their original drummer.